Originally Posted by Anonymous
If a kid makes JV lacrosse and plays as a 7th or 8th grader you feel he should not play US lacrosse at his age bracket. That is absurd. Punish a kid for being good enough to make it and play. SO a kid that is on the team but doesn't play what should he do .if he only gets in the last minute of a JV lacrosse game because the lead is 8 or more goals with 5 minutes to play, you want him to not play in his age group either that is pathetic. That kid will never see the field all summer then, is that fair..Think about it

Yes I think it is ridiculous but many tournaments state and I thought us lacrosse did as well if you play HS ball you are essentially disqualified from us lacrosse age play.

There was a some controversy with 2017 about this very issue 2 yrs ago. Not sure it was ever cleared up. Not sure any one followed it.

What I think is more ridiculous is a 7th or 8th grader on JV not playing but 3 minutes. Why bother, because your town doesn't have MS ball. For bragging rights. Wonder how that test was administrated. The county should lump all these kids together at certain times of the year and the county or section should administer the test. Maybe at Farmingdale or suffolk cc or Nassau cc or Adelphi or Dowling or even stony brook Wonder how many would pass then?

The state should also give more than a 3 day grace period to see if the player dare I say child is ready. For god sake there is a month before mS even starts and This year there was still snow on the ground. The rule prevents the right thing from happening. kids couldn't move back down if they wanted or it was the right thing. Another broken part of sports. Just put a policy in place and not look at the right way to go about it. When was the last time that was challenged or reviewed by the state. I mean really challenged.

Only then the true deserved only the true elite should make it. And what does that test really have to do with specific sports anyway.