This is a very active and impressive forum--very happy to have stumbled on to it. Thank you for the volume of thoughtful and respectful responses. There are many issues raised and I look forward to addressing them in future posts.
Kudos to CageSage standing up Mid-Atlantic section. Hopefully soon it will be as entertaining as its Northeast sibling. I have registered and eagerly await confirmation to begin my replies--VaLaxDad
Originally Posted by Anonymous
LI pretty much goes by grade. Except maybe team LI for 2019. But i believe all 2019 are u13.

Orange.
White
Stampede
( with the caveat that Crush is a 2020 team. With some holdbacks that should be 2019 but this is a 2019 thread and they often play 2019 - is probably as good if not better than Orange - they claim the hold backs will be u13 eligible another year just late birthdays)

Express
Wolverines (used to be orange)
Terps (used to be blue)

Team LI goes by "U" designation.
Red
White

Dune Dawgs
Has some crush kids on top team. Other age groups of dune dawgs (actually calls themselves havoc dune dawgs) are not as strong as this one group/team of boys.

A few other teams are quality teams. Outlaws fl$ and a new organization Legacy. There are a few tournaments this weekend and thanksgiving weekend which may add some more color to the top teams. True blue (blue) used to be a top 2019 team but has fallen off a bit, top playr moved to DD. curious to see if they can rebuild.

But as far as second teams only 91s second teams are quality teams maybe maybe not A but very strong B.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Trying to understand top Long Island Teams/Ages/Names. My son plays for nationally known WashDC based travel club, Madlax at U13. In past we have run into unbelievably skilled teams from Long Island, Dune Dogs and Express and others. I love the competition, but I can't keep them straight from year to year. Our teams are consistently named, so when you play a Madlax Orange you have the top team for the club in that age group. At youth our teams are USLacrosse U9-U15. HS by class year.
From what I read here Team 91 does 4 teams, 2 that are AA teams. Are all 4 team 2019's, by class? Would these teams be age qualified for u13 by USLacrosse? What are team names from top to bottom?
Long Island Express does 3 teams. All 2019s? USLacrosse U13s? Names top to bottom?
I have not seen Team Long Island or Superstar 365 in Mid Atlantic tourneys.
Summer of 2012 we got beaten badly (12-2? In our own tournament-ouch!) by a team named the Dune Dogs. I see passing reference to them but they don’t appear to be from Express or Team 91. Who are they? Same ?? about age qualifications
Mostly curious and would like to play all y'all again!
Virginia Lax Dad