Originally Posted by CageSage
Remember, the original question posed by our 2022 poster asked why the commitment to any individual team (particularly those charging) seems so weak.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I also do not want to hear that we are not having another weekly practice because half the team cannot make it because they have practice for their town team. I think kids and parents need to learn about what commitment is. If you pulled this in another sport- you'd be benched or would not make the team the following year. I am not sure why this happens so frequently in lax.
In order to discuss "weak commitment", BOTC felt you needed to compare the commitment level to something else - anything else - to make the point.

If the comparison to other sports does not make an effective argument, why would anyone feel that there is weak commitment? (Hopefully, you understand our point here.)

The answer the original comment of "commitment" it - at times - is weak because of the town/school vs club friction that exists. And if you choose to do both - they will conflict.