Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question: My 8 year old is pretty good. He did great this year in PAL. 10 goals in 6 games. He is smart and coachable. He got "cut" by the Honey Badgers in January. I want to try him out for a club team in September. I am thinking Igloo, Team 91 and Express. I live in Western Nassau. Which team does everyone think is best? Will 91 and express be unless bc they already have 2023 teams and the tryout would just be a formality? Any other clubs to check out? Am I out of my mind as my wife thinks? Thanks
First, note that if you want to introduce a new line of discussion (such as your original Boys 2023 topic line), please become a registered user and start your own thread.

Second, you should consider having your child attend one of the Long Island Outlaws free clinics which are currently taking place :

Long Island Outlaws Free Clinics

There, you might be able to get a low-pressure evaluation of where your son's proper level might be. The Outlaws will help you in terms of guiding your son's placement, either with them or elsewhere. The fact that he was not accepted in the first recruitment round of the Honey Badgers might indicate that going through this exercise with the Outlaws is worth your time. It is less about which program/team is the best and more about where your son would be with similarly skilled players to begin improving his skill set.