Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What team is #2 in MD? Looneys, BLC, Arden? Looking to tryout with best long term development. Thank you.

I'm sorry but as an parent why would you ever want you kid on the #2 team. Maybe I'm crazy but I want to best for my child in terms of education, sports, and any opportunity that presents itself.

Why would you want to be average?

You are wasting your money playing travel lacrosse to be average - go play REC!!!!!!!

If I have the choice of my son getting significant playing time on the number 2 team, vs riding the bench on the the number 1 team, I’m taking the number 2 all day. These are young kids. Winning is great, but I want my son to develop as a player and to have fun. If all you care about is winning at 5th grade lacrosse, you’re a special kind of notIntelligent. You don’t develop by sitting the bench, and it’s not fun to sit on the bench. These are reasons that kids with tons of potential burn out early and quit.

Also, I know several people who didn’t even pick up a lacrosse stick until they were sophomores and juniors in high school and still went on to play in college, some at D1. I’ve also seen kids that were deemed prodigies early on flame out in high school. Everyone grows and develops at different levels. You definitely don’t need to shell out thousands and thousands of dollars in 5th grade to get your kid to a decent school. Just get them playing and find a coach that you trust.