Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah until he gets laid out a few times in HS and gets aligator arms and is afraid to go near the cage. Having your kid in Football is the best way to prepare him to take the punishment he will experience as he progresses in lax. The youth leagues flag every hit (legal or not) that a kid ends up on the ground. Some kids just aren't tough enough to handle the physical play as they get older and fade away,. No matter how good their stick is or "specialized" they are!!!

Yeah and tell them to lead with their heads too! Such a dumb post.... I'll just set you straight with one example. Now pay attention here this is where it will get difficult for you. Its called the facts. Last years Tawarton award winner, Steele Stanwick, never played a down of football in his life. According to his teammates he can barely bench 135lbs.... By the way he's not the fastest guy either.... Down, set, hut-hut

That is one kid! So what! Obviously you don't coach much. i have had many kids who were great at the younger ages with great stick skills that had culture shock when the rules changed and the kids were aloud to hit! I am only saying that football prepares them for the hits they will take as a lax player in HS. If kids are not exposed to any level of contact they sometimes shy away from it and it can effect their game. It is much easier to come around the net if you know you are not getting hit.