Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sounds about right. A lot of hype around teams that are no longer playing. Classic Tryout Season non-sense.

Quick question. Does brotherly love play in NLF tournaments? Looks like they do. That alone makes it a more viable option for those elite players looking to jump ship from their crumbling teams.

Don't you think the US Club Lacrosse National Championship (coming in 2024) will make the NLF a lesser tourney going forward as they ate taking the top 16 teams with age verification and not blocking teams for participating ???

I do not know what the US Club Lacrosse National Championship (coming in 2024) is. Can you please provide more information? What is the date/venue? What age groups? who is the tournament director? Is there a website where I can get additional information?
It's a great concept. Take the top 16 teams with Age Verification. Is this supposed to be like the World Series but for more age groups?

From a ranking perspective, how is US Club Lacrosse going to be able to rank teams in a "sometimes we play in age verified tournament and sometimes we don't" world? Will US Club Lacrosse Open Source their ranking algorithm to assure that certain teams aren't getting any extra leverage? In the past, it has been accused of playing favorites.

It is supposed to be the first weekend in August in Virginia I believe of 2024. There are no regional games just straight based on the US Club lacrosse rankings which is an algorithm. It did not make mention of age based but for the first year the ages that it will affect will not be under the age base umbrella, 2025, 2026, 2027, and maybe 2028 (which would fall in the new age rules).