Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nice article about Academy of the New Church at Inside Lacrosse ... https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...urch-pa-is-making-national-inroads/61279
Are we supposed to feel good about thie ANC story? Is it shocking to anybody that a team that recruits nationally is able to play well against other nationally ranked teams?

I’d say the ANC story is more of the problem with the sport rather than a feel good story. How many kids on that team are going to ANC for that faith-based education tauted in the article?

I hope they do a follow up on the program in 2 years. Let’s see where they are at then?

I thought they had a West Point commit too, no? What happened there?

I think the player who was going to West Point decided to switch and attend another school. It's not like he said "America [Censored]", he just felt this other school was a better fit for him. He didn't burn the American flag and spray paint the statue of liberty....just chose another school. ANC doesn't claim to be anything that it is not. No different from Westtown, Malvern, and to a lesser extent Haverford. They want to promote their school and lacrosse is a good stage to do that. As far as the religious aspect of the school....I am pretty sure they worship Satan and made a deal with the devil to get into the top 25.