Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not even sure how most of these tournament directors decide on brackets and games anymore. LLL schedule just came out and the imbalance is even worse and I can't imagine Heros and Coppermine get much from the tournament. It does appear that Coppermine was moved down to the third division but I don't even want to speculate why that would be...

Teams and last years club lax rankings (which if a tournament director has no idea as least is a blueprint)

Top bracket: MDU East (5) plays: Aces (7) YJ Maget (8) NXT (9) and Monster Purple (10)

Second bracket: Heros (4) plays: Philly Blast (14) MDU West (61) and SJ Shamrocks (65)

Third bracket: Coppermine (1) plays: Prime Time (19) Tradition (47) and Monster White (70)

Heros/Coppermine parents honest question- are your teams happy with this schedule? Are your teams missing players so asked to be moved down? I am just trying to understand how this still happens in 7th grade with lots of games played last year

It looks like Coppermine teams are in that 3rd division at most different age groups 2028 and above for LLL, so perhaps team was placed based on assumption that's where they belong based on club, rather than based on the individual 2028's strength. Everyone is complaining about 1 division here or there, but these tournament directors have to make multiple divisions across many different age groups. I assume some just don't take the time to go through each individual division to look up rankings as you just did.

If you are a tournament director its called doing your job. Imagine traveling a long way and getting crappy games or being overmatched/undermatched. Total waste of time and money. The LLL draw is a lot worse than Fall Lax Fest.

Maybe so, but ARE they doing their job in a way that guarantees good matches for all or good matches for most? I'm sure some directors put more care into that others. The LLL placements just seem kind of haphazard.