Originally Posted by Anonymous
The process is dirty and the kids are too young that's a fact.

What is dirty about it?

Coaches watch kids play, they like who they like and they recruit them.

If they like the kid enough they make an offer.

Nothing dirty

Early? Yes. Too early? maybe. Wrong? I don't know. It's right for some. Dirty? I don't think so.

How can it ever be right for a 13 year old? Maybe right for dad but the kids aren't ready

Really, 13? How many 13 year olds are being offered spots?

You think the 9th grade 14 year just gets offered on her 1st look? These nuts are looking at 7th and 8th graders and locking them up with verbals in 9th. IT"S INSANITY and its ruining the game, sidelines and friendships. Lets hope the changes go through so kids can be kids and everyone (most importantly the parents) can relax a little.

I agree it is crazy. But...

How is it ruining the game? Do you really think the sidelines will improve? Do you think the jealousy will go away? Do you think a rule is going to help anyone (especially the parents ) to relax?

Because ball hogs start in PAL because they need to be able to verbal in 8th grade. So any average or developing kid gets squeezed out of a great sport way too young by kids that are black holes on the field. We don't see any of this at volleyball, softball, soccer or basketball. Kids play those sports for fun nobody talks about "verbals" yet kids still end up getting some scholarships and all the parents cheer for all the kids and the team. Parents have their kids play lacrosse for scholarships like its a job.