Your way too long diatribe is just ridiculous. Of course they need to address the early recruiting as it has gotten out of control. There are too many things you wrote that are ignorant and it would take too much time to address them all so I will make a few points. First how does moving the recruiting age back negatively impact anyone ? They are suggesting no contact until September of junior year, who gets hurt by this ? Your suggestion of if a college coach or player and their parents don't want to be involved in early recruiting then just don't is asinine, it's the same logic as the pro steroid users in baseball," it's their business if they want to use roofs that's up to them". Why am I against early recruiting because it did have a negative impact on my child and is now affecting my next . They are now making offers to 8th grade kids ( especially some MD players ) , if your kid is one of them there is pressure to make that decision as that spot and that offer are not open ended. If your kid is not ready to make that decision at 13-14 years old they will in fact lose out on certain opportunities so yes it can and does negatively impact those kids .