BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 81 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The guy who predicted M&D would beat Hero's here to eat my words. Nice run by Hero's at Mid-Atlantic, topping it off with a big W over Coppermine in the Championship.
Unfortunately, we were missing players due to soccer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s 3 Coppermine 1 We have a new #1 team!
Between the Coppermine players yelling at each other and the parents blaming the referees it was pure enjoyment. This is going to be the new norm!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who predicted M&D would beat Hero's here to eat my words. Nice run by Hero's at Mid-Atlantic, topping it off with a big W over Coppermine in the Championship.

I think you care a little too much about 8th grade lax. Might wanna find a secondary hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Headed to the playoffs and championship again! Another tshirt for this Copp parent.
The fact you were posting from the sidelines of your daughter’s games is so sad. You should be embarrassed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you care a little too much about 8th grade lax. Might wanna find a secondary hobby.

Says the person reading and commenting on an 8th grade lacrosse message board on a Sunday afternoon... Some folks have limited self-awareness.

I'm pretty clear that I am all-in supporting my daughters' sports, and I like and respect the competition in the Mid-Atlantic. So all good here, thanks. I also believe in accountability, even on an Anonymous board. Hence, owning my bad prediction.

I will make a new prediction too--"new norm" guy above will also need to eat some words this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the person reading and commenting on an 8th grade lacrosse message board on a Sunday afternoon... Some folks have limited self-awareness.

I'm pretty clear that I am all-in supporting my daughters' sports, and I like and respect the competition in the Mid-Atlantic. So all good here, thanks. I also believe in accountability, even on an Anonymous board. Hence, owning my bad prediction.

I will make a new prediction too--"new norm" guy above will also need to eat some words this season.

Good job owning up to this, respect.

What did you see that had you picking M&D? Looks like Hero’s improved the most and is a strong team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did you see that had you picking M&D? Looks like Hero’s improved the most and is a strong team.

I was looking at a couple of indicators. On M&D's side, the decent losses to Coppermine and Eagle Stix suggested to me that they were competing athletically and finishing games, and the higher scores on offense against mid-tier A-level competition indicated that their attack was coming together. Was looking for those two factors to combine against Hero's and give them a shot at the win, after their solid Sunday at Chesapeake Invitational.

Additionally, Hero's early tournament results were inconclusive based on the scores, and lower-tier A pool competition, and I wasn't buying the hype from the Hero's cheerleaders on this board. One or two games don't necessarily set season-long precedent, but a good tourney for Hero's and 2 very solid wins (M&D and Coppermine), for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The guy who predicted M&D would beat Hero's here to eat my words. Nice run by Hero's at Mid-Atlantic, topping it off with a big W over Coppermine in the Championship.

Between the Coppermine players yelling at each other and the parents blaming the referees it was pure enjoyment. This is going to be the new norm!

Hero's parent here. And I will agree that the score in a fall 20 minute game doesn't matter. Though my girl is happy to win, of course. And I will freely admit that Coppermine, on paper, is a much more talented team.

However, what happened on the field (and to a lesser degree sidelines) is a much bigger deal. If the Coppermine coaches don't eliminate this behavior by some of their "stars", this has dumpster fire potential.

If I was the Coppermine coach, the 2 players were screaming at their teammates a majority of the playoff games would be sitting for the next tournament.

Curious how the organization handles this. I know if this happened at Heros (or M&D for that matter), there would be some type of significant discipline for acting like that, embarrassing themselves and their club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is starting to self destruct.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The guy who predicted M&D would beat Hero's here to eat my words. Nice run by Hero's at Mid-Atlantic, topping it off with a big W over Coppermine in the Championship.

Hero's parent here. And I will agree that the score in a fall 20 minute game doesn't matter. Though my girl is happy to win, of course. And I will freely admit that Coppermine, on paper, is a much more talented team.

However, what happened on the field (and to a lesser degree sidelines) is a much bigger deal. If the Coppermine coaches don't eliminate this behavior by some of their "stars", this has dumpster fire potential.

If I was the Coppermine coach, the 2 players were screaming at their teammates a majority of the playoff games would be sitting for the next tournament.

Curious how the organization handles this. I know if this happened at Heros (or M&D for that matter), there would be some type of significant discipline for acting like that, embarrassing themselves and their club.
Won't be long before the supporting cast looks elsewhere...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a daughter on neither team but stayed around to watch with my daughter before leaving the fields for the day. It was a great game by both teams and exciting right to the end. Both teams had a couple turnovers due to the setting sun but overall looked like two of the top teams in the Country. There was good sportsmanship by both teams and I saw girls on both teams congratulating each other afterwards. I didn’t witness any girls acting poorly from Coppermine and didn’t witness any unnecessary celebrations by Hero’s. Two good teams, both well coached and parents all behaving well. Please stop creating drama that isn’t there. Glad my daughter and I stayed to watch these two teams play and exciting Championship. Congratulations and good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Details please! And they won’t do anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What did Heros do defensively to hold them to one goal? I know it’s a 20 minute game, but the week prior they gave up 11 goals to eagle stix

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Power Rankings 28 Division Top 5

#1 Hero’s Green (New additions from out of states will put them at #1)
#2 M&D Black ( added the best player from Bethesda 27and the best player from Pride)
#3 Coppermine ( added legit players but there is only 1 ball which will lead to turmoil, jealousy, and in-house destruction)
#4 Crush ( amazing that they can keep this together)
#5 Skywalkers ( they will only get stronger as they get into high school. They will get the players next year from Coppermine that want to get recruited)

Sounds like whoever wrote this original post is starting to take fruition. Just a matter of time that the 2 holdback “stars”will be playing by themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is starting to self destruct.
Because they lost a 20 min playoff game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was on the sideline. I'm not sure who was "yelling" at their teammates on the field?? Must of been a magical portion of the game that was only visible to certain parents of the other team.
How come you didn't mention that immediately following the game a large portion of the Coppermine team went over to your sideline, hugged your girls and congratulated them? Doesn't fit in to your magical made up story to well, does it? Sad that you still want to [Censored] the Copp team. SMH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#2 M&D Black ( added the best player from Bethesda 27and the best player from Pride)
#3 Coppermine ( added legit players but there is only 1 ball which will lead to turmoil, jealousy, and in-house destruction)
#5 Skywalkers ( they will only get stronger as they get into high school. They will get the players next year from Coppermine that want to get recruited)

Sounds like whoever wrote this original post is starting to take fruition. Just a matter of time that the 2 holdback “stars”will be playing by themselves.

Stop the madness. The 2 players you are trying to call out are in fact not Holdbacks. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sooner or later more kids will defect to other clubs because you can't have players screaming at other players without repercussions from the coach. Coppermine 28 is a VERY good team but its not all about winning, it is about player development and being a good TEAMMATE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I also was impressed with the Coppermine girls’ sportsmanship (Hero’s parent here). Many of these girls have done other clinics (AU Futures, etc) and know each other pretty well from those and playing each other over the years. I think there is genuine respect for each other. I did not see/hear any Coppermine players yelling at teammates but for me, if it happened, it’s a Coppermine issue. All in all, a great game between two very talented teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop the madness. The 2 players you are trying to call out are in fact not Holdbacks. Get a grip.

I was on the sideline. I'm not sure who was "yelling" at their teammates on the field?? Must of been a magical portion of the game that was only visible to certain parents of the other team.
How come you didn't mention that immediately following the game a large portion of the Coppermine team went over to your sideline, hugged your girls and congratulated them? Doesn't fit in to your magical made up story to well, does it? Sad that you still want to [Censored] the Copp team. SMH

Parent of a team that has played Coppermine 4 or 5 times in the past two years, including this Fall, with a variety of game patterns (all losses) from blowouts, to hard fought games where my daughter's team carried a lead or kept it close into the second half but eventually lost. I have never seen or heard of any lack of sportsmanship or any inappropriate comments or behavior from players, coaches, or parents. In fact, their parents have been gracious on a team level and even acknowledged good play on an individual level.

From my perspective, all the vitriol can be boiled down to simple jealousy. Coppermine has some outstanding players, and almost always wins. Seems like that is hard for some folks affiliated with the old guard clubs to handle. Speaking directly to you, it's not a good look. Probably more productive to support your teams to go out there and compete, like the Hero's players evidently did yesterday. Congrats to them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parent of a team that has played Coppermine 4 or 5 times in the past two years, including this Fall, with a variety of game patterns (all losses) from blowouts, to hard fought games where my daughter's team carried a lead or kept it close into the second half but eventually lost. I have never seen or heard of any lack of sportsmanship or any inappropriate comments or behavior from players, coaches, or parents. In fact, their parents have been gracious on a team level and even acknowledged good play on an individual level.

From my perspective, all the vitriol can be boiled down to simple jealousy. Coppermine has some outstanding players, and almost always wins. Seems like that is hard for some folks affiliated with the old guard clubs to handle. Speaking directly to you, it's not a good look. Probably more productive to support your teams to go out there and compete, like the Hero's players evidently did yesterday. Congrats to them!

Well said! What i have found is the girls can handle playing, winning, losing against one another, it is the parents that have a hard time accepting the outcome on the field. To make up false scenarios or label players as "hold backs" to make you feel better about losing to a great team is just plain sad.
The Heros vs. Copp game was exciting and intense. A well played game on both sides. Hero’s played better that day and deserved the win. The best part of the game was after, as the Heros girls were getting ready to take their pic, so many Copp girls went over to congratulate them on a well played game. Hugs and smiles were given and received by both team's players. That was awesome to see. Such a great moment of sportsmanship from both teams. Congratulations Heros!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said! What i have found is the girls can handle playing, winning, losing against one another, it is the parents that have a hard time accepting the outcome on the field. To make up false scenarios or label players as "hold backs" to make you feel better about losing to a great team is just plain sad.
The Heros vs. Copp game was exciting and intense. A well played game on both sides. Hero’s played better that day and deserved the win. The best part of the game was after, as the Heros girls were getting ready to take their pic, so many Copp girls went over to congratulate them on a well played game. Hugs and smiles were given and received by both team's players. That was awesome to see. Such a great moment of sportsmanship from both teams. Congratulations Heros!

Good lord. Get a room

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read threads from grad years above the 28s. All the talk about winning, losing, and rankings ends pretty abruptly when spring of HS starts.

"Enjoy" all of this now, because it won't matter a bit in a year (not that it ever did). Focusing on getting recruiting will be the goal. And the coaches don't give a [Censored] about rankings or the best team. D1 players come from teams ranked 1 - 100.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read threads from grad years above the 28s. All the talk about winning, losing, and rankings ends pretty abruptly when spring of HS starts.

"Enjoy" all of this now, because it won't matter a bit in a year (not that it ever did). Focusing on getting recruiting will be the goal. And the coaches don't give a [Censored] about rankings or the best team. D1 players come from teams ranked 1 - 100.

Except there are 20 each recruited from Hero's, M&D, Capital, etc, and maybe one or two from teams over 50 in the rankings. And college coaches are watching the A brackets at the tourneys. So relative strength will continue to matter for recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rankings are for parents only.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Already happening for the cast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that fall is over what does everyone think the tiers should be out of the top 10-15 teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that fall is over what does everyone think the tiers should be out of the top 10-15 teams?

I will take a shot. Not sure we got enough of a comparative look at all the Long Island teams, but here is my assessment, top 16, with a bias to teams that played multiple Fall tournaments:

Tier 1 - Coppermine (still #1), Eagle Stix (#1a), Hero's Green--in that order. These three teams stand out well above the next Tier. Hero's performance at Mid-Atlantic earns a spot in Tier 1.

Tier 2 - M&D (coming together), MDU (still good), Crush (will be there in the Spring), Yellow Jackets Maget (didn't play much, but YJ LI flagship team always gets better as they move into late MS/HS)

Tier 3 - Aces (had a tough Fall to drop a tier), Pride (competed well against top 10 to move up a tier), Sky Walkers (not firing on all cylinders yet); Jesters (win over Crush puts them here), LI Legacy, STEPS Elite NJ (limited results, but played pretty well)

Tier 4 - NXT, BBL, LI Liberty

Others considered. Urban Elite didn't make it out East this Fall. HHH had limited results and lost to lower ranked teams. Monster Elite didn't play anybody other than HHH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious how the organization handles this. I know if this happened at Heros (or M&D for that matter), there would be some type of significant discipline for acting like that, embarrassing themselves and their club.[/quote]
Won't be long before the supporting cast looks elsewhere...[/quote]

Already happening for the cast.[/quote]

If the team was winning M&D wouldn't do anything about it. And they wouldn't do anything about troublesome parents. They never have and never will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine
Heros
Eagle Stixs

M&D
Crush
Pride
MDU
Aces
LI Jesters
LI Yellow Jackets (whichever their top team is)
Skywalkers

NXT
CC Lax
FCA
MDU West
Stars
Heros White
M&D Red

There more teams in that 3rd tier, but that is who was at most of the local fall tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ Maget lost to ES last weekend 6-5 and plays Heros this weekend would should be a good barometer of where they are (assuming their out of state player is there). I think they are right below the top 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine
Heros
Eagle Stixs

M&D
Crush
Pride
MDU
Aces
LI Jesters
LI Yellow Jackets (whichever their top team is)
Skywalkers

NXT
CC Lax
FCA
MDU West
Stars
Heros White
M&D Red

There more teams in that 3rd tier, but that is who was at most of the local fall tourneys.

I’d separate out the following for a 2nd tier

M&D
YJ
Crush

They are separated from the next tier of the following

Pride
MDU
Skywalkers
Jesters

Aces has fallen far and probably closer to NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except there are 20 each recruited from Hero's, M&D, Capital, etc, and maybe one or two from teams over 50 in the rankings. And college coaches are watching the A brackets at the tourneys. So relative strength will continue to matter for recruiting.

You couldn’t be more wrong on this one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I heard from my daughter M&D got a very good player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got a kid that wasn’t happy and the parent was a pain. Happens all the time. Passing problems on ! Addition by subtraction

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The OP is absolutely correct. When you get to the recruiting tournies you will see top college coaches at the top bracket the whole time. When other brackets show up they tend to file out ! Look at the big 3 in MD the past couple years. They have 90% committed by now and really good school. MDU , TLC , Coppermine all working to get kids into low level d1 still and most looking D2 and d3. I do it see it changing as Sw 26-28 talent is not impressive and they will join that mix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They got a kid that wasn’t happy and the parent was a pain. Happens all the time. Passing problems on ! Addition by subtraction

She must want to get recruited by a better school. Coppermine has ZERO history of recruiting. The top players will be following in her footsteps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The OP is absolutely correct. When you get to the recruiting tournies you will see top college coaches at the top bracket the whole time. When other brackets show up they tend to file out ! Look at the big 3 in MD the past couple years. They have 90% committed by now and really good school. MDU , TLC , Coppermine all working to get kids into low level d1 still and most looking D2 and d3. I do it see it changing as Sw 26-28 talent is not impressive and they will join that mix.
Recruiting is way more than tournaments. There are Prospect camps, ID camps, sending coaches film, staying in touch with them, sending them tourney info, etc... Stand out at their prospect/ID camps and they will come watch the girls play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if Coppermine 28's come out of summer 2024 tryouts intact then their girls will be recruited. They're one of the best teams in the country and play and beat most in top brackets. There's enough hype around them that coaches will come watch them. The question is whether that momentum will carry over to the younger teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 81 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard