Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]The guy who predicted M&D would beat Hero's here to eat my words. Nice run by Hero's at Mid-Atlantic, topping it off with a big W over Coppermine in the Championship.

I think you care a little too much about 8th grade lax. Might wanna find a secondary hobby.

Says the person reading and commenting on an 8th grade lacrosse message board on a Sunday afternoon... Some folks have limited self-awareness.

I'm pretty clear that I am all-in supporting my daughters' sports, and I like and respect the competition in the Mid-Atlantic. So all good here, thanks. I also believe in accountability, even on an Anonymous board. Hence, owning my bad prediction.

I will make a new prediction too--"new norm" guy above will also need to eat some words this season.

Good job owning up to this, respect.

Hero’s 3 Coppermine 1 We have a new #1 team!
Between the Coppermine players yelling at each other and the parents blaming the referees it was pure enjoyment. This is going to be the new norm!

Hero's parent here. And I will agree that the score in a fall 20 minute game doesn't matter. Though my girl is happy to win, of course. And I will freely admit that Coppermine, on paper, is a much more talented team.

However, what happened on the field (and to a lesser degree sidelines) is a much bigger deal. If the Coppermine coaches don't eliminate this behavior by some of their "stars", this has dumpster fire potential.

If I was the Coppermine coach, the 2 players were screaming at their teammates a majority of the playoff games would be sitting for the next tournament.

Curious how the organization handles this. I know if this happened at Heros (or M&D for that matter), there would be some type of significant discipline for acting like that, embarrassing themselves and their club.
Won't be long before the supporting cast looks elsewhere...

Sooner or later more kids will defect to other clubs because you can't have players screaming at other players without repercussions from the coach. Coppermine 28 is a VERY good team but its not all about winning, it is about player development and being a good TEAMMATE.