BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,169
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 134 of 137 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 137
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m not sure if I agree. I thought GHS had a great game plan and MV looked like they made their adjustments. Thought coaching was good on both sides. I also saw talent on both sides. GHS was very good and their goalie played great. They were very balanced and once they got the lead they could play keep away. MV looked like they just didn’t have the possession time to overcome the deficit. They stormed back by changing their run and gun style. I saw a lot of talent on both sides, but now knowing how young MV is, I wouldn’t have known that by watching. They have some real talent. Which ones are freshman? And yes if they lose 10 and 13 next year that will hurt. I expect to see another showdown between them again next year.

Both of those players return next year, I think MV will be fine. As will GHS, they have a solid core. Not a parent for either team, but it was a good game. Anyone who is a fan of this game doesn't enjoy watching teams hold the ball for 2,3,5,7 min at a time to stall. It's not enjoyable lacrosse. If your kid's team was down by a few goals and the other team was holding the ball with 6 min left, you would be screaming too. And anyone who says "just pressure out and get the ball" has no clue. Yes, you can try, but any good team can run and pass and refs call more fouls during that time which makes it extremely difficult to make up a multiple goal deficit. But the GHS coach took advantage of the rule and they held on to win. He even said in his interview he knew they could not let MV have the ball back in the last 6 min. They executed their game plan and they won, so give credit where it is due. That being said, they put a shot clock in NCAA basketball in the 80s bc of teams holding the ball (4 corners?), and in NCAA womens lax in 2015 bc of this. It needs to be added to HS, or you will continue to have games like this that are not in the spirit of the competition.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg held the ball for 7 minutes just to get one shot off… Let’s get a shot clock

Boo hoo. You lost. They out coached your coach! Pressure out and get the ball back! Too bad the MV coaches didn’t know how to get their team good shots vs the zone too. Everyone knew MV has 1 player. They took her away and won the game. And the MV peeps think that will win next year vs an IAAM team ? Stay in Carroll and be the big fish !

As a parent of a daughter in IAAM, I can tell you MV, Century and Glenelg would certainly beat all B and C teams we offer. Let's not pretend our conference is stacked from top to bottom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the new Maryvale head of athletics and will that impact what happens with BR?

Why would anything happen? Coach at spsg makes up a story and can’t prove it’s true !

Gators delivered a playoff beatdown to the Terps on their field today just like the Gators did to the Lions on their field!

This is hilarious as SPSZG goalie is heading to Florida Gators and teams she is connected with ended both BR and CNR seasons - tough going in the Reese household - ha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the new Maryvale head of athletics and will that impact what happens with BR?

Why would anything happen? Coach at spsg makes up a story and can’t prove it’s true !

Gators delivered a playoff beatdown to the Terps on their field today just like the Gators did to the Lions on their field!

This is hilarious as SPSZG goalie is heading to Florida Gators and teams she is connected with ended both BR and CNR seasons - tough going in the Reese household - ha!
Still mad neither recruited your daughter I see. It’s been a couple years now. Let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I’m not sure if I agree. I thought GHS had a great game plan and MV looked like they made their adjustments. Both of those players return next year, I think MV will be fine. As will GHS, they have a solid core. Not a parent for either team, but it was a good game. Anyone who is a fan of this game doesn't enjoy watching teams hold the ball for 2,3,5,7 min at a time to stall. It's not enjoyable lacrosse. If your kid's team was down by a few goals and the other team was holding the ball with 6 min left, you would be screaming too. And anyone who says "just pressure out and get the ball" has no clue. Yes, you can try, but any good team can run and pass and refs call more fouls during that time which makes it extremely difficult to make up a multiple goal deficit. But the GHS coach took advantage of the rule and they held on to win. He even said in his interview he knew they could not let MV have the ball back in the last 6 min. They executed their game plan and they won, so give credit where it is due. That being said, they put a shot clock in NCAA basketball in the 80s bc of teams holding the ball (4 corners?), and in NCAA womens lax in 2015 bc of this. It needs to be added to HS, or you will continue to have games like this that are not in the spirit of the competition.

Sounds like sour grapes. We went to the game and saw that Glenelg used the slow transition to score 3 goals. MV still had to play defense and couldn't keep the ball out of the net to win. Glenelg did and going to the finals. In the spirit of competition they beat MV with admittedly a slower pace but not a stall. Even more impressive was Glenelg didn't even double the star player. Hats off as the better team won.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I’m not sure if I agree. I thought GHS had a great game plan and MV looked like they made their adjustments. Both of those players return next year, I think MV will be fine. As will GHS, they have a solid core. Not a parent for either team, but it was a good game. Anyone who is a fan of this game doesn't enjoy watching teams hold the ball for 2,3,5,7 min at a time to stall. It's not enjoyable lacrosse. If your kid's team was down by a few goals and the other team was holding the ball with 6 min left, you would be screaming too. And anyone who says "just pressure out and get the ball" has no clue. Yes, you can try, but any good team can run and pass and refs call more fouls during that time which makes it extremely difficult to make up a multiple goal deficit. But the GHS coach took advantage of the rule and they held on to win. He even said in his interview he knew they could not let MV have the ball back in the last 6 min. They executed their game plan and they won, so give credit where it is due. That being said, they put a shot clock in NCAA basketball in the 80s bc of teams holding the ball (4 corners?), and in NCAA womens lax in 2015 bc of this. It needs to be added to HS, or you will continue to have games like this that are not in the spirit of the competition.

Sounds like sour grapes. We went to the game and saw that Glenelg used the slow transition to score 3 goals. MV still had to play defense and couldn't keep the ball out of the net to win. Glenelg did and going to the finals. In the spirit of competition they beat MV with admittedly a slower pace but not a stall. Even more impressive was Glenelg didn't even double the star player. Hats off as the better team won.

You clearly don't know what a backer defense is...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is there a transfer going to SPSG to play goalie or is that a bunch of non sense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did notice some Florida defenders hitting defenseless players behind the play, so the SPSG goalie should fit in great there.

Still mad neither recruited your daughter I see. It’s been a couple years now. Let it go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly don't know what a backer defense is...[/quote]

Funny but I do know what backer defense is and Glenelg played it well without going overboard against #10. MV did get some shots on skip passes on the backer but couldn't covert. What I saw was good goalie play and solid defense against a great player on a good public school team.
Would have to agree with most of the people on here that Man Valley would be average to below average in IAAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did notice some Florida defenders hitting defenseless players behind the play, so the SPSG goalie should fit in great there.

Haha. More likely, Maryland players classlessly diving/flopping just like Maryvale girls. They have common coaching

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It'll be 2 years before she even sees the field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be never before Maryvale wins anything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that's usually how it works in college at the goalie position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clearly don't know what a backer defense is...

Funny but I do know what backer defense is and Glenelg played it well without going overboard against #10. MV did get some shots on skip passes on the backer but couldn't covert. What I saw was good goalie play and solid defense against a great player on a good public school team.
Would have to agree with most of the people on here that Man Valley would be average to below average in IAAM.[/quote]

When executed properly the backer is a tough defense to score on. The offense really needs to move the ball to get the D off balance. I personally am not a fan but everyone is moving to it because it is effective. I tend to agree with Paul Carcaterra that the women's game should move to 6v6 on the offensive end. This would open up the lanes and create more 1v1 matchups. But alas the backer D is here to stay for now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still getting caught up on this specific beef as I was focused on Kendrick Lamar and Drake until this week. I have 2 Questions:
- Where can I stream both games between MV and SP? I can only find the first half of the regular season game and not the playoff game anywhere
- How did Maryvale win by 2 in the regular season game and then lose by 10 in the playoffs? I get slight differences but that is unheard of

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Roland Park Head of School was just forced out. Heard an email went last night. If that's not a statement how that coach was treated, I don't know what is.
She is pregnant and may want to take time off with her family. Not everything is about lacrosse…

100% about lacrosse
fyi- heads of school dont get let go over one thing even if it is lacrosse and baltimore. plus doesnt sounds like only problem with coach was the head but doesnt matter anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha. More likely, Maryland players classlessly diving/flopping just like Maryvale girls. They have common coaching

Not a flop when a 225 lb player cross checks a 110 lb player. And the elbow to the back was nice too. But yeah the classless part was being on the ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glenelg held the ball for 7 minutes just to get one shot off… Let’s get a shot clock

Boo hoo. You lost. They out coached your coach! Pressure out and get the ball back! Too bad the MV coaches didn’t know how to get their team good shots vs the zone too. Everyone knew MV has 1 player. They took her away and won the game. And the MV peeps think that will win next year vs an IAAM team ? Stay in Carroll and be the big fish !

As a parent of a daughter in IAAM, I can tell you MV, Century and Glenelg would certainly beat all B and C teams we offer. Let's not pretend our conference is stacked from top to bottom.

Nobody is pretending B or C conference is good or was included in the discussion. Those teams would struggle to make playoffs in A conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a flop when a 225 lb player cross checks a 110 lb player. And the elbow to the back was nice too. But yeah the classless part was being on the ground.

Why? A guy half of BR's size wired his jaw shut last time he decided to fight a man.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Roland Park Head of School was just forced out. Heard an email went last night. If that's not a statement how that coach was treated, I don't know what is.
She is pregnant and may want to take time off with her family. Not everything is about lacrosse…

100% about lacrosse
fyi- heads of school dont get let go over one thing even if it is lacrosse and baltimore. plus doesnt sounds like only problem with coach was the head but doesnt matter anyway.

Those that know…..know!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% about lacrosse

Those that know…..know!
good grief do you really have to be so cryptic? those who know know what??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? A guy half of BR's size wired his jaw shut last time he decided to fight a man.

FACTS!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Glenelg women’s lacrosse for their 2A Championship victory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anything happen? Coach at spsg makes up a story and can’t prove it’s true ![/quote]

Gators delivered a playoff beatdown to the Terps on their field today just like the Gators did to the Lions on their field![/quote]

This is hilarious as SPSZG goalie is heading to Florida Gators and teams she is connected with ended both BR and CNR seasons - tough going in the Reese household - ha![/quote]
Still mad neither recruited your daughter I see. It’s been a couple years now. Let it go.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

that's usually how it works in college at the goalie position.[/quote]
Still getting caught up on this specific beef as I was focused on Kendrick Lamar and Drake until this week. I have 2 Questions:
- Where can I stream both games between MV and SP? I can only find the first half of the regular season game and not the playoff game anywhere
- How did Maryvale win by 2 in the regular season game and then lose by 10 in the playoffs? I get slight differences but that is unheard of[/quote]

The refs for the playoff game let the girls play. The 1st obvious flop by a MV player in the playoffs went uncalled. MV was in trouble from then on, not being able to flop and get the call their way. BR wasn’t able to get girls multiple yellow cards (and kicked out of the game) by storming the field and yelling numbers…. The better team was able to actually play their game w/o being intimidated. I could go on….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gators delivered a playoff beatdown to the Terps on their field today just like the Gators did to the Lions on their field![/quote]

This is hilarious as SPSZG goalie is heading to Florida Gators and teams she is connected with ended both BR and CNR seasons - tough going in the Reese household - ha![/quote]
Still mad neither recruited your daughter I see. It’s been a couple years now. Let it go.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

- How did Maryvale win by 2 in the regular season game and then lose by 10 in the playoffs? I get slight differences but that is unheard of[/quote]

The refs for the playoff game let the girls play. The 1st obvious flop by a MV player in the playoffs went uncalled. MV was in trouble from then on, not being able to flop and get the call their way. BR wasn’t able to get girls multiple yellow cards (and kicked out of the game) by storming the field and yelling numbers…. The better team was able to actually play their game w/o being intimidated. I could go on….[/quote]

Just stop it Mary! Congrats on your win. You don’t need to shove your resume in everyone’s face.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The refs for the playoff game let the girls play. The 1st obvious flop by a MV player in the playoffs went uncalled. MV was in trouble from then on, not being able to flop and get the call their way. BR wasn’t able to get girls multiple yellow cards (and kicked out of the game) by storming the field and yelling numbers…. The better team was able to actually play their game w/o being intimidated. I could go on….[/quote]

Please don't. Season has been over. Nobody cares any more. Find a hobby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% about lacrosse

Those that know…..know!
Probably referring to the coach and how there were many issues with her for years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% about lacrosse

Those that know…..know!
Probably referring to the coach and how there were many issues with her for years.

Congrats parents. Running a coach out with not many good options looking to coach a team that unhappy parents get support ! Nobody will be looking into this job that’s gonna last and build back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please, Mary. Do go on. Tell us how coaches can get players carded. Then please tell us the reasons you lost to JC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% about lacrosse

Those that know…..know!

lol… let me guess.. your kid is a senior who doesn’t play a lot.

Her only issue was entitled parents and incompetent Head of School. We can only hope that now that Head of School is let go, they can support appropriately and address the parent problem.
The fact the coach was collateral damage is a total embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound obsessed with MV ? This one player is a big part of your rant. anything we need to know ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Move on from a game that happened weeks ago. Please. You have got to have something more interesting in your life going on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

- How did Maryvale win by 2 in the regular season game and then lose by 10 in the playoffs? I get slight differences but that is unheard of

The refs for the playoff game let the girls play. The 1st obvious flop by a MV player in the playoffs went uncalled. MV was in trouble from then on, not being able to flop and get the call their way. BR wasn’t able to get girls multiple yellow cards (and kicked out of the game) by storming the field and yelling numbers…. The better team was able to actually play their game w/o being intimidated. I could go on….

Mary, time to calm down, it is over ,,,repeat, it is over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is there a transfer going to SPSG to play goalie or is that a bunch of non sense?

Only for us in the know to know. Sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. You don’t know anymore than anybody else does. If there’s a transfer goalie coming and it’s not from McDonogh. All of those girls read this for him and as soon as you guys started posting about it, they started asking the goalies. Nobody’s going anywhere. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please. You don’t know anymore than anybody else does. If there’s a transfer goalie coming and it’s not from McDonogh. All of those girls read this for him and as soon as you guys started posting about it, they started asking the goalies. Nobody’s going anywhere. Get a grip.

Some truth coming out soon. You will see. Movement for sure. Dont think many know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mary is working it. Knows she can’t win with her current goalies ! Trying to get her club draw girls in too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mary is working what? Getting girls to transfer from her competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mary is working it. Knows she can’t win with her current goalies ! Trying to get her club draw girls in too.

Bingo !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mary is working what? Getting girls to transfer from her competition?

Transferring is tough. League rules and all.

Like Reply Quote
Page 134 of 137 1 2 132 133 134 135 136 137
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard