BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,199
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 263 of 269 1 2 261 262 263 264 265 268 269
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would love to know how the Next Level parents feel about adding at least 3 more to an already large roster. You might say that if their kid is a star they don’t care BUT kids don’t move without the promise of playing time so something is going to give.
Do you even have to ask? the parents of kids whose playing time is unaffected think it is great, because they want to win, and they like the buzz of good new players coming in. But the parents of kids whose playing time is cut for a newcomer feel resentful toward DM, and toward the new player and his parents. it is not rocket science.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the 2028 Annapolis Hawks.

Great HOCO season!

28 Hawks won using 2027s. Not a single on age Hawks team won a HoCo Elite title this year in younger divisions. What happened?

Just getting ready for high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder what many here will do now that this phase of the kids' lax lives is coming to a close. By Labor Day, this board will look a lot like the spam-laden cobweb covered site that the 2027 forum is now. Sneak peek at the empty nest for many, depending on your level of obsession.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope they put out a collection plate for those parents who owed 60k+ to the IRS. Help that holdback's parents out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are 4 kids from DCE going back to Madlax?

It’s one thing to get duped into going to play for that maniac, bunch of kids from true and from out of state have been guilty of that. But anyone going “back” to CM needs his head examined. Cant imagine that’s happening.

The 2028 ML team must have some pretty good coaches or new assistant coaches for people to go back.

Haaaa. That’s funny. Cabell will always be the coach, except on game days when he gets kicked off the field by refs or tournament officials. Anyone else on the sideline is a hood ornament.

Cabell is and will forever be the 2028 Madlax coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL boys updated their instagram with pictures of the 3 new players.... must be true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would love to know how the Next Level parents feel about adding at least 3 more to an already large roster. You might say that if their kid is a star they don’t care BUT kids don’t move without the promise of playing time so something is going to give.
Do you even have to ask? the parents of kids whose playing time is unaffected think it is great, because they want to win, and they like the buzz of good new players coming in. But the parents of kids whose playing time is cut for a newcomer feel resentful toward DM, and toward the new player and his parents. it is not rocket science.

NL bench is already starting to look long. They added more kids for the summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder what many here will do now that this phase of the kids' lax lives is coming to a close. By Labor Day, this board will look a lot like the spam-laden cobweb covered site that the 2027 forum is now. Sneak peek at the empty nest for many, depending on your level of obsession.

Looking forward to those russian sneaker ads here in this forum next year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a good question. I am guessing everyone will just move over to the High School sections.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a good question. I am guessing everyone will just move over to the High School sections.

The high school boards are indeed lively!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

28 Hawks won using 2027s. Not a single on age Hawks team won a HoCo Elite title this year in younger divisions. What happened?

This is so silly. The Hawks are noticeably smaller than the other top teams in that division. Just give them their due and move on.

Thanks Hawks dad, now go back to the Annapolis Yacht Club and sip some girly drinks. Funny how you deflect from the fact that the 28 Hawks also have holdbacks. I guess because they are your holdbacks and not big holdbacks it makes it ok. It's fine, Annapolis isn't known for manly men.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 27 page was never as popular as this one. I imagine parents of boys in this age group will still have a lot to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL boys updated their instagram with pictures of the 3 new players.... must be true

They're off the ML online roster, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 27 page was never as popular as this one. I imagine parents of boys in this age group will still have a lot to say.

If any but a handful are frothing up the high school boards next year they need more hobbies. Maybe half a dozen 28’s across the region will see real time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

This is so silly. The Hawks are noticeably smaller than the other top teams in that division. Just give them their due and move on.

Thanks Hawks dad, now go back to the Annapolis Yacht Club and sip some girly drinks. Funny how you deflect from the fact that the 28 Hawks also have holdbacks. I guess because they are your holdbacks and not big holdbacks it makes it ok. It's fine, Annapolis isn't known for manly men.

Hawks like many MD teams have single and double holdbacks. The rest of us are supposed to bury our heads in the sand and ignore this fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have not seen any Clippers videos. Did they get beat by a bunch of hill Billie’s? It’s very weird

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you so enamored with Cabel Maddex? Let me guess. It’s his fault your kid didn’t get an IAC nomination too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have not seen any Clippers videos. Did they get beat by a bunch of hill Billie’s? It’s very weird

Clippers lost 4-9.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Hawks like many MD teams have single and double holdbacks. The rest of us are supposed to bury our heads in the sand and ignore this fact.

Yes. You’re supposed to pretend it’s ok. Just like the parents of those holdbacks pretend their child would look as good on a field with players their own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Yes. You’re supposed to pretend it’s ok. Just like the parents of those holdbacks pretend their child would look as good on a field with players their own age.

I love how you assume that a kid couldn't hold his own with his own "age". Guess its hard to say one way or the other since every team is doing it. Baseline a kid's performance on the field with no holdbacks and I bet some of those big bad holdbacks you like to complain about would still kick little Johnny's @ChillLaxin on an even playing field. Go ahead and continue to blame all the woes you've experienced on the holdbacks. Guess when little Johnny is playing fresh/soph next year I would love to hear what excuses you conjure up. We will all be waiting in anxious expectation (well, actually not because we will have moved on).
On a positive note, it was a great season and "any given Sunday" played out on the youth lacrosse stage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Not a Hawks parent, but does the town where the Naval Academy is located really have a reputation for being soft?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

I love how you assume that a kid couldn't hold his own with his own "age". Guess its hard to say one way or the other since every team is doing it. Baseline a kid's performance on the field with no holdbacks and I bet some of those big bad holdbacks you like to complain about would still kick little Johnny's @ChillLaxin on an even playing field. Go ahead and continue to blame all the woes you've experienced on the holdbacks. Guess when little Johnny is playing fresh/soph next year I would love to hear what excuses you conjure up. We will all be waiting in anxious expectation (well, actually not because we will have moved on).
On a positive note, it was a great season and "any given Sunday" played out on the youth lacrosse stage.

Oh please. Work on your reading comprehension. I didn’t say hold their own. I said look as good. And I’m right.
And stop with the little Johnny reference. You have no idea who you are talking to and who their child is. There is no excuses with my son as he has more than excelled on age and is currently playing up. Thats a fact that none of you people ever consider. That the person you’re trying to make fun of is actually in a very different situation than you assume.
And I have no idea who I’m talking to and whether your child is playing on age in a tough league and holding their own, a holdback, or a double holdback. If they are either of the latter, I can tell you this with 100% certainty. They did not stand out on age. You held him back. The only reason he is standing out now is because he is older. I am right. You are wrong. Period.
You people are dense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The younger classes finally got a year without holdbacks and it seemed to be a hit with families and clubs. 28s never had that, but too late now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Oh please. Work on your reading comprehension. I didn’t say hold their own. I said look as good. And I’m right.
And stop with the little Johnny reference. You have no idea who you are talking to and who their child is. There is no excuses with my son as he has more than excelled on age and is currently playing up. Thats a fact that none of you people ever consider. That the person you’re trying to make fun of is actually in a very different situation than you assume.
And I have no idea who I’m talking to and whether your child is playing on age in a tough league and holding their own, a holdback, or a double holdback. If they are either of the latter, I can tell you this with 100% certainty. They did not stand out on age. You held him back. The only reason he is standing out now is because he is older. I am right. You are wrong. Period.
You people are dense.

Your kid will crush it. At UMBC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an older kid who played club lax? Is this much potential or actual reshuffling between spring and summer normal at this age? We have different helmets at practice every night since HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have an older kid who played club lax? Is this much potential or actual reshuffling between spring and summer normal at this age? We have different helmets at practice every night since HOCO.
Prob don’t see this at teams like Hawks, FCA Blue, Clippers, Team MD. Maybe try out for one of these clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prob don’t see this at teams like Hawks, FCA Blue, Clippers, Team MD. Maybe try out for one of these clubs.

Apparently Cabell still next Level from playing NAL. Somewhere relegated to playing a B team tournament second week of summer against — B teams— at Platinum Cup. fool… at least they might catch a game against Crabs or 2Way, but the rest are literally B teams for 91, WCS, etc. Come on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there actually any double holdbacks in the 2028 class? People causally say it regularly but I don’t actually know any. Not saying they don’t exist - but it they do then who? Where?

Or are people just yapping?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently Cabell still next Level from playing NAL. Somewhere relegated to playing a B team tournament second week of summer against — B teams— at Platinum Cup. fool… at least they might catch a game against Crabs or 2Way, but the rest are literally B teams for 91, WCS, etc. Come on.

My son played in Platinum Cup a couple of years ago. I didn’t think it was a
weak tournament. Some of the teams that show up there are pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Not a Hawks parent, but does the town where the Naval Academy is located really have a reputation for being soft?

Yes. Incredibly soft. Fake tough guys. Lots of bark, no bite. On the field and in the stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Yes. Incredibly soft. Fake tough guys. Lots of bark, no bite. On the field and in the stands.

No bite in what sense? I'm not a Hawks dad, but they're inarguably a top five regular club team in the country and pretty clearly the best team in the mid-Atlantic. Is just winning games not enough bite? Do they need to start cheap-shotting people?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for an actual constructive response, and not using "little Johnny" anywhere in it. But we're happy with our coaching and like the other families so we're not planning to leave, and in my experience you'll have more success in life if you stick with things for a while instead of constantly jumping around to a perceived better situation. That's why I'm disappointed to see this from both a club and parent perspective. Not the lesson kids should be learning from sports, IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

He is right, Annapolis and its direct surrounding area are some of the softest men in whole DMV area. The land of the Lands End Khaki and Quarter Zip is the land of softies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great HOCO season!

Naval Academy isnt Annapolis people . LOL. South Boston has their Southies, Annapolis has their Softies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you took holdbacks off the Hawks they'd be the Clippers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you took the holdbacks off of FCA, they'd be Predators

If you took the holdbacks off of CRABS, they'd be Blue Claw

If you took the holdbacks off of Next Level, they'd be BLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you took holdbacks off the Hawks they'd be the Clippers.

But you can’t and they aren’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much spot on, actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much spot on, actually.
If you took the holdbacks off Team MD they would…..oh they don’t have any they just win. #InstagramClippers #chesthair

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of holdbacks - I know nobody cares about the circuit but red hots played more than three kids older than June 1st. That’s cheating.

I would name the kids but I feel that’s a bit much for an anonymous messages board.

Like Reply Quote
Page 263 of 269 1 2 261 262 263 264 265 268 269
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard