BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 147 of 260 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
darn. Who hurt this man as a child….listen, my child isn’t a 28. But occasionally I pop onto this thread. There are a lot of “losers” who come here to complain AND peacock….your clearly in the complain department. Take a deep breath dude. I can only imagine the things your must say in front of your kid. Providing excuses for them.

Is it right that there are holdbacks, well that depends on what you consider a holdback. Is an august 15 2009 kid better served as a 28 or a 27? Do you judge the parents who made that decision in pre school the same way you appear to judge those who do it at middle or high? I would hope not. Many of those kids were held back for development reasons, maybe less mature, possible under physically developed compared to other kids just a month older.

Y’all make it seem like every decision was lacrosse decision. 12 months is fine, but they should really make it 14 and go July to December to accommodate the parents who have kids who are simply better served not entering kindergarten yet. And also show proof they have always been in that grade.

Simple fix. No drama, less judgy fools with excuses

Stop trying to manipulate things to benefit your child. Speaks to the entitlement and snobbery of lacrosse.

It’s 12 months. Someone one will be oldest and someone will be youngest.

Your kid has been oldest all His life. Now he will be youngest..and will survive.

Have to love the “he’s been playing up” parents of the summer birthday kids. No he is playing on age. Stop the madness.

You are missing the point too. These summer birthday kids that started school a little later than the Sept (on age kids), wanted to play with their classmates.

Seems it isn't an issue in other sports. I guess lacrosse kids are the only ones who care about playing with classmates... or maybe it's the excuse being used now to ensure Johnny doesn't have to actually compete against kids his size.

Basketball is grade based but for some reason we don't hear any complaining about that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your assumption is that an august or July birthday kid is bigger than a September-December kid, and it’s completely false. My kid is a September birthday and I can assure you the one week difference from him playing his age or being considered a hold back does not equate to him being bigger than the rest of his team. In fact if he was an August birthday I would argue he would be at risk for injury in the next age up.

Y’all wanna preach safety until you don’t. What it really boils down to, is your little Johnny is at the bottom of the depth chart and all these summer birthdays who are barely older than him are the problem.

This should be focused on the double holdback and the kid who is clearly more physically mature who decides to go hold back instead of working harder.

But the true colors of the issue with lacrosse are being shown on this thread.

Btw. There is only one other thread that is more toxic than this one on BOTC….clowns.

You should be happy... your less mature kid won't have to play against holdbacks anymore. Or wait you held your kid back and is now playing him against kids who are on age and also less mature?

I have two July birthday kids, both play on age for a top club and start. Both are the youngest on the team. I will be happy to watch all the kids 1-2 years older play against kids their own size for once. The change benefits my kids none given they already start over the holdbacks but watching parents like you get all upset because the advantage for your kid is gone is well worth it. The most blow hard dads are the hold back chest pounders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be happy... your less mature kid won't have to play against holdbacks anymore. Or wait you held your kid back and is now playing him against kids who are on age and also less mature?

I have two July birthday kids, both play on age for a top club and start. Both are the youngest on the team. I will be happy to watch all the kids 1-2 years older play against kids their own size for once. The change benefits my kids none given they already start over the holdbacks but watching parents like you get all upset because the advantage for your kid is gone is well worth it. The most blow hard dads are the hold back chest pounders.

Spot on.

I understand the business side. but the sport needs to prioritize the needs to the kids and and the game.

This is good for lacrosse.

All youth sports are categorized by age because of the physical demands/development. Even non-contact.
There will always be outliers kids with advantages and disadvantages. There are simply less when you categorize by age. Games are more competitive and it drives development.
A contact sport like lacrosse needs this if it wants to grow it's numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the summer birthdays are only a little older….but they ARE OLDER.

Parents want their kids to be the oldest because they will get hurt playing on age because they are too small??

Think about how ridiculous that sounds?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents want their kids to be the oldest because they will get hurt playing on age because they are too small??

No, I think they want their kids to play with their classmates because the kids want to play with their classmates. Delaying entrance to kindergarten with a summer birthday kid is more popular and common than people think. Almost no one does it for sports, if any at all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I think they want their kids to play with their classmates because the kids want to play with their classmates. Delaying entrance to kindergarten with a summer birthday kid is more popular and common than people think. Almost no one does it for sports, if any at all.

Right. We don’t need rules. Most important thing is the comfort and convenience of your son. Thanks for the reminder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. We don’t need rules. Most important thing is the comfort and convenience of your son. Thanks for the reminder.

No one said there shouldn't be rules. Basketball is grade based and it seems to work in that sport. They do have age rails within the grade though that's pretty liberal.

Hockey and Soccer have a birthyear system. Many soccer parents and kids alike will tell you that they detest it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said there shouldn't be rules. Basketball is grade based and it seems to work in that sport. They do have age rails within the grade though that's pretty liberal.

Hockey and Soccer have a birthyear system. Many soccer parents and kids alike will tell you that they detest it.

Basketball- particularly AAU is the Wild Wild West. To use that as an example is terrible.

Many soccer and hockey parents detest it. Many many more don’t detest it. Because you know - it’s fair. There is nothing that is perfect for 100% of children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting back on track - Madlax Capital can rebranded to Madlax Monuments.

Madlax Monuments ladies and gents.

Rankings matter so much to those folks. Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your assumption is that an august or July birthday kid is bigger than a September-December kid, and it’s completely false. My kid is a September birthday and I can assure you the one week difference from him playing his age or being considered a hold back does not equate to him being bigger than the rest of his team. In fact if he was an August birthday I would argue he would be at risk for injury in the next age up.

Y’all wanna preach safety until you don’t. What it really boils down to, is your little Johnny is at the bottom of the depth chart and all these summer birthdays who are barely older than him are the problem.

This should be focused on the double holdback and the kid who is clearly more physically mature who decides to go hold back instead of working harder.

Btw. There is only one other thread that is more toxic than this one on BOTC….clowns.
Someone said it… with a year based system, there will be kids who are old for their team (January-March birthdays) and kids who are young for their team (Oct-Dec). But at least there won’t be kids who would actually be 2026 right now playing 2028 (born fall of 2008).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Basketball- particularly AAU is the Wild Wild West. To use that as an example is terrible.

Many soccer and hockey parents detest it. Many many more don’t detest it. Because you know - it’s fair. There is nothing that is perfect for 100% of children.

AAU may be the wild west. But youth basketball leagues ( ie county and city leagues) are grade based and not the wild west. Kids playing with their classmates.

Yes, no system is perfect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where I’m from we have age based sports and people love it, never heard a complaint. Only exception is Lacrosse. You have to realize not all states have the same start date for schools so you need age based sports not grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AAU may be the wild west. But youth basketball leagues ( ie county and city leagues) are grade based and not the wild west. Kids playing with their classmates.

Sounds like your son should play rec lacrosse. Since you are comparing to rec basketball. All the classmates can be together.

You admit AAU is the Wild West. So is club lacrosse. See what you did there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone said it… with a year based system, there will be kids who are old for their team (January-March birthdays) and kids who are young for their team (Oct-Dec). But at least there won’t be kids who would actually be 2026 right now playing 2028 (born fall of 2008).

Fall 2008 is an on age 27. Not a 26. Just dropping in with facts.

Carry on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your son should play rec lacrosse. Since you are comparing to rec basketball. All the classmates can be together.

My son plays travel basketball and AAU. All grade based.

Rec lacrosse is not grade based. See what you did there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays travel basketball and AAU. All grade based.

Rec lacrosse is not grade based. See what you did there?

In Maryland basketball at all levels is age based not grade... The only sport grade based is lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy is really dug in against going age based.

Jeez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall 2008 is an on age 27. Not a 26. Just dropping in with facts.

Carry on.
Blind guy… you missed the point. NO.
If youth lacrosse goes to Year/age based… your fall 2008 baby will be playing with a few young 2027s born fall of 2008, but primarily 2026’s who were born 1/1/2008–8/31/2008.

Vast majority of kids playing 2028 were born 2009-2010. So— under the year based model, kids born in 2009 would play together. Those born in 2010 would do so as well. 99.9% of the current 2028 class were born 2009-2010.

Point is— if it goes to Year based, like hockey, teams will get busted up at first, but at least they’d all play together in perpetuity— meaning, you wouldn’t have kids aging out of their current team when they turn 14 in the middle of a June tournament.

The older kids on the team would be born Jan-March
months, younger kids on the team would be born Oct-Dec…but they’d all stick together for years, no chopping up teams mid season.

Oh yeah— and if kids want to play UP, they can do so. But under no circumstance can a kid born in in November of 2008 play with the kids born in 2009. Very simple, really. And equitable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.
Prob 47’s dad. His kid will be playing with 2026’s next year… back to the pack, fellas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the MadLax Monuments change. It’s amazing because it was a change which means Cabel must have complained to usclub lax.

Ungrateful Quitter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason the AAU is a non-example is that it not only has all of club lax's grade-based problems, but also has a well verified legacy of age cheating by coaches and parents. Changing to age-based ball would change nothing, because there is a culture of noncompliance already.

Those things happen in youth lax as well (Cavaliers and True Balt/Maryland come to mind immediately) but it's seen as a negative thing by most of the parents, players, coaches. Lax culture, at its typical worst, is to work around the rules and use any gray area, not explicitly break rules and lie publicly. I think this will inherently make age based youth lax slightly less of a disaster than age based basketball, baseball, football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bummer they no longer have the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. That was aged-base and a great showcase for the sport on ESPN.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.
Prob 47’s dad. His kid will be playing with 2026’s next year… back to the pack, fellas.

I think the new rules only impact double holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did “Madlax Second Weekend of November” have any luck this weekend? My kid is thinking of trying out for”Madlax first weekend of December” but I wanted to see how they did today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Does anybody know if MadLax 47's birthday is actually before January 1, 2009?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Allegedly November 2008, as posted by a ML parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

I think the new rules only impact double holdbacks.
No, it also affects the oldest single holdbacks— a kid born between Sept 1, 2008 and Dec 31, 2008 playing 2028 is TECHNICALLY only a single holdback— albeit a very old single holdback. But under these new HoCo rules, he’d be forced back up to his 2027 age bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there won’t be kids two years older but there will be kids a year older because of how they made the cutoff. So I’m not quite sure why everyone is so excited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

He’s a child. Be less of a lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

Teams I would speculate that have players born in 2008
Madlax, Freedom, WCS, 3D, laxachusetts and 2way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO already has rules for spring? Hmm...call me suspect given they typically don't have the game schedules ready until the week before the season starts....and it's usually incomplete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOCO already has rules for spring? Hmm...call me suspect given they typically don't have the game schedules ready until the week before the season starts....and it's usually incomplete.

I don’t know if they have had a rules meeting or not but when the schedule is released has nothing to do with anything related to any age changes - if they actually make any.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

Can confirm WCS 2028 has a kid with a Jan/Feb 2008 bday. And he's playing on the Circuit. Yay mom and dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As of now FCA > Crabs. FCA has some offensive firepower.
God's plan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you had any experience with Boards of Directors, bylaws, and seasonal agendas for boards you'd be less surprised.

The fall meeting has to do with ensuring that any major issues with governance, rules, legal issues, field access/lease issues, can be addressed over the next 4 months. Summarizing last season's problems and recommending any changes. Discussing rule changes that have come "on the radar" such as some public pressure to address (sort of) the age issue.

And I'm all for criticizing the league, but just at the 2028 level, you had teams trying to change their bracket into the first week of the HoCo season, so it's not 100% on the league. I'm sure it didn't only happen at 2028.

And when you also consider whatever politics (Zingos, HoCo, and/or True) involved disallowing a "B" league last year, you can see why getting the schedule finalized is like herding cats. Very egotistical and self-important cats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

FCA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

Madlax has one 2008, then nobody till summer 2009

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

Can confirm WCS 2028 has a kid with a Jan/Feb 2008 bday. And he's playing on the Circuit. Yay mom and dad.
Wait— born EARLY 2008?? Wow. That’s absurd

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

But is it really in the lacrosse world? No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jeez.

Please stop.

But is it really in the lacrosse world? No.

Jeez.

Please stop.

December 31 2008 is absurd!

Like Reply Quote
Page 147 of 260 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard