Originally Posted by Anonymous
Your assumption is that an august or July birthday kid is bigger than a September-December kid, and it’s completely false. My kid is a September birthday and I can assure you the one week difference from him playing his age or being considered a hold back does not equate to him being bigger than the rest of his team. In fact if he was an August birthday I would argue he would be at risk for injury in the next age up.

Y’all wanna preach safety until you don’t. What it really boils down to, is your little Johnny is at the bottom of the depth chart and all these summer birthdays who are barely older than him are the problem.

This should be focused on the double holdback and the kid who is clearly more physically mature who decides to go hold back instead of working harder.

But the true colors of the issue with lacrosse are being shown on this thread.

Btw. There is only one other thread that is more toxic than this one on BOTC….clowns.
Someone said it… with a year based system, there will be kids who are old for their team (January-March birthdays) and kids who are young for their team (Oct-Dec). But at least there won’t be kids who would actually be 2026 right now playing 2028 (born fall of 2008).