BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,387
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 192 of 326 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 325 326
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Carroll beats Arundel 16-6.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not allowed. They don’t have the resources to let kids repeat for no reason. Nor should they. In public school, it’s embarrassing to repeat a grade. It means you didn’t pass. My sons friend asked his guidance counselor if he could do it, and it was a big no, are you kidding me? So again, apples to apples. You might want to think about it.

quote=Anonymous]
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Moral Victories for Severna Park every one gets a trophy

And the PARTICIPATION trophy goes to SP!

It would be interesting to see what the score would be if St. Marys didn't play their re-classed kids and only played kids that lived within 2 miles of St. Marys. - if you want to see apples to apples.

Wait, there are no “reclassed” kids in public schools?[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes bc you all are showing how classy you are in these comments. Ha.

Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our character, not labels.
Reading these posts make me so happy my son declined his opportunities to attend a private school. I won’t argue that his team is anywhere near competitive with even the bottom teams in the MIAA, but he is having fun playing, loves his team, has academic opportunities private schools do not and I place the character of his friends above most of what I see here. Not just no regrets, I’m grateful for his ability to see and understand this for himself when deciding on schools.

I think the private school / public school debate is dense but can you tell me what opportunities a public school offers over a private? Seems to me they’re pretty equal all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Marys was down 8-4 and never took any of their scholarship, reclassified, 19.5 year old seniors out of the game against a public school that does not have reclass players for lacrosse …maybe reclass players because their dense but not because of lacrosse like u turds and that makes it even more traumatic for you because you went to OT with a dummy reclass team …not an athletically underdeveloped, spoiled brat reclass team like the rest of the MIAA Your only reply should be I wasted a lot of money for private and I should have sold my house in Baltimores crime ridden arm pit and moved to SP when my accountant told me to this 4 years ago. Sad day for the MIAA’s best team. Mic drop!
Not even close to a "MIAA best team". Relax Momma

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our character, not labels.
Reading these posts make me so happy my son declined his opportunities to attend a private school. I won’t argue that his team is anywhere near competitive with even the bottom teams in the MIAA, but he is having fun playing, loves his team, has academic opportunities private schools do not and I place the character of his friends above most of what I see here. Not just no regrets, I’m grateful for his ability to see and understand this for himself when deciding on schools.

Lord. academic opportunity? Character? Can anyone live out their own bubble? Our way is better is a Joke. Play a real private school league. MIAA is a joke. Playing for fun. Lol

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospective -

The projected (Dads say) best defensive MIAA school, with the best goalie gave up 10 goals to a public school that was supposedly slowing down (excuse) the game?

Or the best offensive team in the MIAA(dads say) could only score 11 on a public school in OT when they supposedly know how to play at a faster tempo?

🤡 weak

I’ll save my money. Not impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to hear more about the academic opportunities being offered to him that cannot be found in a private school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAC week #2 tomorrow 3/14. Predictions:

Bullis vs SSSA SSSA by 1-3
Landon vs St Albans Landon by >3
Prep vs Episcopal Prep by >5

Bullis upset SSSAS 11-9
St Albans upset Landon 9-8 OT
Prep big over Episcopal 14-3

IAC Championship open for the taking!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll keep my kid at STM just because Harry Brown's provides the lunch menu. WInning!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All for the glory of just having the private school bumper sticker

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospective -

The projected (Dads say) best defensive MIAA school, with the best goalie gave up 10 goals to a public school that was supposedly slowing down (excuse) the game?

Or the best offensive team in the MIAA(dads say) could only score 11 on a public school in OT when they supposedly know how to play at a faster tempo?

🤡 weak

This is the same guy posting on Facebook congratulating St. Mary’s parents on the win and telling all his Facebook following how fun it was for these kids who all know each other to compete. Whenever you see one of those posts or comments, just be aware that it could be this guy. You are probably still pounding your fists. Put this one in the rear view mirror and move on. You have a big one with Crofton coming up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and a nice 1/4 zip

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospective -

🤡 weak

Wait, did SP beat St Mary’s?

Did they keep it close vs Severn too?

Or is this all the excitement generated because they played a close game against one team in the A league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]IAC week #2 tomorrow 3/14. Predictions:

Bullis upset SSSAS 11-9

No debate private schools dominate in lax in Montgomery and PG Counties…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prospective -

🤡 weak

This is the same guy posting on Facebook congratulating St. Mary’s parents on the win and telling all his Facebook following how fun it was for these kids who all know each other to compete. Whenever you see one of those posts or comments, just be aware that it could be this guy. You are probably still pounding your fists. Put this one in the rear view mirror and move on. You have a big one with Crofton coming up.

To be fair to the very athletic kids on the SP and BN lax teams, you don't play enough competitive lacrosse to reach your potential. Sorry, playing a couple of tough games per year (these MIAA games aside) while spending most of your time preparing for "cupcake" games isn't the critical path to peak performance. Unless those players are participating on the best club teams during the Summer, their lacrosse IQ development is hampered. Doesn't mean you won't be a starter on D1 team, however unless you're a super freak athlete, your path will be more difficult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bullis upset SSSAS 11-9

They have lacrosse in PG County??? Who knew

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and a nice 1/4 zip

and the case of White Claws in red solo cups in the parking lot !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bullis upset SSSAS 11-9

IAC is ducking the public schools.

Obviously scared of Sherwood and Winston Churchill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bullis upset SSSAS 11-9

IAC is ducking the public schools.

Obviously scared of Sherwood and Winston Churchill.

😂 We play a tough schedule. No cupcakes like the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the private school / public school debate is dense but can you tell me what opportunities a public school offers over a private? Seems to me they’re pretty equal all around.

The thing no one seems to mention is the network that you buy into when sending your son to a private school. I am the president of one of the local private school alumni association boards and that is one thing the publics definitely do not offer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our
character, not labels.

The thing no one seems to mention is the network that you buy into when sending your son to a private school. I am the president of one of the local private school alumni association boards and that is one thing the publics definitely do not offer.

So basically paying for college before actually paying college tuition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and a nice 1/4 zip

and the case of White Claws in red solo cups in the parking lot !

SP is quarter zip capitol of the world

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our
character, not labels.

Nice comment-just shows ignorance of the power of networking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s a senior at Towson High -just a regular kid, plays sports, an athlete not a mathlete, that just got into ND. Tell me that public school was not a factor.

And can I just say when was the last time you networked with college alum to get a job?
No one from Baltimore ever leaves Baltimore, so that doesn’t get you far. Unless your in the top WASP or Jewish 1%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s a senior at Towson High -just a regular kid, plays sports, an athlete not a mathlete, that just got into ND. Tell me that public school was not a factor.
Obviously one example makes it highly likely.
Just like Severna Park ALMOST beating STM means they could hang in the A Conference.
Riiight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And can I just say when was the last time you networked with college alum to get a job?
No one from Baltimore ever leaves Baltimore, so that doesn’t get you far. Unless your in the top WASP or Jewish 1%.

Keep searching.... you'll find it...... yes, your red cup......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

character, not labels.

Someone’s kid wasn’t recruited to HS. Sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously one example makes it highly likely.
Just like Severna Park ALMOST beating STM means they could hang in the A Conference.
Riiight.
I've got no skin in this game, but do you always totally sound like a whiney-little-(person)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That kid is a multi-sport athlete, smart, and female. The worlds of girls and boys sports are not comparable with regards to public vs private education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've networked with college and HS alumni over the years. I see it work with my HS alums all the time. I get resumes all the time from young alumni. Those resumes are forwarded to fellow alums who are established in each respective profession. There are also events the alumni association hosts throughout the year. And its not just Baltimore. Our alumni association, just like all of the other private schools I am aware of, have sub-chapters all over the country. Its a fraternity in its own way. Of course so is college and, for that matter, so is lacrosse. The more the netter.

Of course a kid from Towson can go to ND. The Loyolas and CHCs feed better into those elite catholic Universities, though - fact..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep searching.... you'll find it...... yes, your red cup......

Didn’t Toby Keith make famous the song red (solo) cup? Think you need a different reference if you’re alluding to this Gomer being a Baltimore MIAA qtr zip. 🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe) but they all count as saves
[quote=Anonymous]Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe)

If you count the pipes as saves he probably had close to 30.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe) but they all count as saves
Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe)

14 saves. Pipes do not count as saves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who counts pipes as saves?! Must be a public school rule.
No shot clocks. Stalling is allowed. Running clock if things get out of hand. Teaching softness.

Hit the wall, and play real rules, you wimps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe) but they all count as saves
Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe)

14 saves. Pipes do not count as saves.

21 saves on film!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No shot clocks. Stalling is allowed. Running clock if things get out of hand. Teaching softness.

STM still mad. You won act like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team that stalled in that game was St Mary’s at the end of the game and SP still got the ball back…..and tied the game! Only running clock in games up by 12. How was the Ryken game? Sure it felt good to celebrate the 26th goal! SP also dumps the bench. Playing 4 middies in a game you win by 12 probably helps the other 40 guys get better! Somehow the cake schedule prepared sp to take the number five team to OT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only team that stalled in that game was St Mary’s at the end of the game and SP still got the ball back…..and tied the game! Only running clock in games up by 12. How was the Ryken game? Sure it felt good to celebrate the 26th goal! SP also dumps the bench. Playing 4 middies in a game you win by 12 probably helps the other 40 guys get better! Somehow the cake schedule prepared sp to take the number five team to OT!

Severna Park daddies and mommies will be talkling about almost beating the STM for the next decade to try and justify the continuous loses over the past 4 decades in everything from lacrosse to the classroom. Character counts to those that have it..Happy Easter !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've networked with college and HS alumni over the years. I see it work with my HS alums all the time. I get resumes all the time from young alumni. Those resumes are forwarded to fellow alums who are established in each respective profession. There are also events the alumni association hosts throughout the year. And its not just Baltimore. Our alumni association, just like all of the other private schools I am aware of, have sub-chapters all over the country. Its a fraternity in its own way. Of course so is college and, for that matter, so is lacrosse. The more the netter.

Of course a kid from Towson can go to ND. The Loyolas and CHCs feed better into those elite catholic Universities, though - fact..

Private school networking = nepotism and racism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Celebrating “almost” wins.

Prepping you for life as a middle manager, driving a Dodge, and sending your kid to a “good” public school.

Like Reply Quote
Page 192 of 326 1 2 190 191 192 193 194 325 326
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard