Originally Posted by Anonymous
There’s a senior at Towson High -just a regular kid, plays sports, an athlete not a mathlete, that just got into ND. Tell me that public school was not a factor.

And can I just say when was the last time you networked with college alum to get a job?
No one from Baltimore ever leaves Baltimore, so that doesn’t get you far. Unless your in the top WASP or Jewish 1%.

I've networked with college and HS alumni over the years. I see it work with my HS alums all the time. I get resumes all the time from young alumni. Those resumes are forwarded to fellow alums who are established in each respective profession. There are also events the alumni association hosts throughout the year. And its not just Baltimore. Our alumni association, just like all of the other private schools I am aware of, have sub-chapters all over the country. Its a fraternity in its own way. Of course so is college and, for that matter, so is lacrosse. The more the netter.

Of course a kid from Towson can go to ND. The Loyolas and CHCs feed better into those elite catholic Universities, though - fact..