BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,872
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 191 of 332 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 331 332
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Super easy to park the bus and have 5-6 minute possessions. Basically what both Severna Park and Broadneck did. A shot clock rule is needed for a reason.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
STM is the top team in the MIAA? Can’t be true

They aren’t. They beat a weak CH team. They will likely finish as the 3-4 seed.

BL, McD and McD are all better than STM. But you’ll see that at the end of the regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see Coach Lilly’s stain on the back of his shorts?

Must have been a comment from good ol' Spalding Dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11-10 st Mary’s is in a dog fight with a crappy public school. MIAA isn’t as tough as we thought. ST M has played their starters the whole game. Even if we lose you all look like stink holes. I can’t stop laughing. LFG Falcons!

Sure it isn’t tough.

Moral Victories don’t count.

SP can’t finish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Marys gave up the 2nd most goals of the year besides the almighty Calvert Hall ..Severna Park thanks the Saints for playing their best players all game…much respect for knowing if you pulled all of the starters after the first quarter like you did vs Broadneck you lose this game today by 5…big ups to coach Lily for leaving no excuses for almost losing to a public school. Way to know you had a dog fight after the first qtr and you couldn’t pull your entire DI starting roster….also you need to burn those turd stained shorts! SP has 3 players better than 3 of your starters & Lily tried hard to get them but they passed because St Marys is a significantly lower educational institution than free SP. Thanks for reaffirming our decision.
You lost. Actually, your son’s team lost. Get over it. SP is a good team and you came close. Be proud of how they played and tell your buddies at the country club that you almost beat a good team. The upside is that you can win another state championship and roll through the rest of your weak schedule. That’s not half bad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severn’s park goalie played great 20 saves ( 10 off the pipe) but they all count as saves

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
11-10 st Mary’s is in a dog fight with a crappy public school. MIAA isn’t as tough as we thought. ST M has played their starters the whole game. Even if we lose you all look like stink holes. I can’t stop laughing. LFG Falcons!

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

Am I correct in my interpretation of a prior post that there was no shot clock used in St. Mary's vs. SP game??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school lacrosse must be way down. Severna park gave
Up more goals to Severn than they have all year.

That didn’t age well. Lol

Who will win this mediocre league this year?

Saying things didn’t age well didn’t age well.

These things happen when it takes 5 hours for a reply to appear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

Was this SP's "Super Bowl"?, their toughest game of the year? - on to bigger & better things STM. Go SAINTS !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

Am I correct in my interpretation of a prior post that there was no shot clock used in St. Mary's vs. SP game??
College rules are not allowed when public schools are involved.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the Falcons took St Marys to OT the next day while losing 80% of the face off’. How can that possibly happen???/ Public school lacrosse really stinks. Your best MIAA team played their starters for the whole game and won 12-11 in OT. Any given Wednesday any MIAA team that has players double re-classed and on scholarship for lacrosse only can get embarrassed. We hit the wall ….you huge BadPerson! Losing in OT is as good as beating every public school for the next 10 years. Just say….” Public school lacrosse is legit” Because if you say any excuse it makes you look like a bigger bag…..We paid nothing for HS and have more money for a better college….laughing all the way to a higher education and 1 lucky goal from beating your best team. Lol!

SP fogo jumped every time yet no penalty in your high school rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moral Victories for Severna Park every one gets a trophy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

Certainly going into a "slowdown" helped them. There is usually an explanation to these things. I wonder how SP would fare if they knew they had to play 6 more games similar to that over the next 3 weeks??? No games off. No cupcakes until the state championship game-and even then maybe a cupcake if its anything like 2021....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the PARTICIPATION trophy goes to SP!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

Certainly going into a "slowdown" helped them. There is usually an explanation to these things. I wonder how SP would fare if they knew they had to play 6 more games similar to that over the next 3 weeks??? No games off. No cupcakes until the state championship game-and even then maybe a cupcake if its anything like 2021....

Great game between STM and SP but in the end there was only 1 winner. Again, SP wouldn't survive an MIAA schedule on a "consistent" level. They would always get outclassed by the Gilmans, BLs, MCDs, LBs, SPs, etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Federation rules stink.
The MIAA had to play by the public school rules still won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too good. For weeks I’ve been reading how the league plays the toughest schedule in the country. Then they schedule 2 patsy public school teams and beat one in OT. Classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

If that is true than STM D is pretty bad. Gave up 10 and the other team slowed it down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

As non-MIAA qtr zip from another MD private institution, I find this back and forth comical. MIAA is not as good as the Bmore qtr zips think and the elite public schools aren’t as bad either. The excuse making for squeaking out a 11-10 victory is inexcusable. Congrats SP, honestly wish your boys finished with a W, so most of us could see the MIAA fans cry in their martinis!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

I was at all of the four games and don't have a dog in the fight. MIAA teams looked more lackluster (over confident) in the second games after the shock and awe of their first game onslaughts . Also credit the public school coaches for adjusting their game plans (no shot clock means slow it down) in the second set of games. Also kudos to the kids from Broadneck and SP who were clearly embarrassed by their first outing and responded with a great second game effort. Do I believe Broadneck and SP could compete in the MIAA if they adjusted their pace of play...absolutely.....They are lulled to sleep/get complacent by all of the crappy teams they play...Steel sharpens steel... In the old days, the best public schools were in the same League as the best privates. State bureaucrats and politically correct thinking took that away from the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Privates 2-0
Public 0-2

Someone said last time STM lost to a public school was 1983……..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

If that is true than STM D is pretty bad. Gave up 10 and the other team slowed it down?

SP should have scheduled Spalding and Calvert Hall. Would beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Privates 2-0
Public 0-2

Using my public school education, I unfortunately think the privates are ahead 8-0.

St M 16
Broadneck 4

Severn 13
Severna Park 8

St M 12
Severna Park 11

Severn 7
Broadneck 6

BL 18
Kent Island 4

Calvert Hall 16
Hereford 4

JC 14
Oakdale 4

Gilman 14
Hereford 7

Privates 110
Publics 48

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the old days, the best public schools were in the same League as the best privates. State bureaucrats and politically correct thinking took that away from the kids.

When were the best public schools in the same league as the best privates in lax? The MSA-A was all private in lax, and the best public teams in Baltimore back then (Towson, Dulaney) were part of the state league. Severna Park was never in a league with private schools for lax either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it isn’t tough.

SP can’t finish.

As non-MIAA qtr zip from another MD private institution, I find this back and forth comical. MIAA is not as good as the Bmore qtr zips think and the elite public schools aren’t as bad either. The excuse making for squeaking out a 11-10 victory is inexcusable. Congrats SP, honestly wish your boys finished with a W, so most of us could see the MIAA fans cry in their martinis!

SP improved from game vs. Severn. That is what you would expect to happen. It is by far the best team SP will play this year, so they really got up for their "Super bowl". This has happened multiple times at any level in any sport, so that is why you must bring your best each & every game. No martinis, no drama needed here....Just a simple interpretation of the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Privates 2-0
Public 0-2

According to the Capital Gazette, the 1977 Severna Park team was the last public to beat St. Mary's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the old days, the best public schools were in the same League as the best privates. State bureaucrats and politically correct thinking took that away from the kids.

When were the best public schools in the same league as the best privates in lax? The MSA-A was all private in lax, and the best public teams in Baltimore back then (Towson, Dulaney) were part of the state league. Severna Park was never in a league with private schools for lax either.

Turn the clock back further. Poly was a member of the MSA as was City. You're correct about Dulaney and Towson.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This shot clock talk is just silly. Both teams played the game with the same rules, no shot clock for either and there was still over 20 combined goals scored. All teams have to adjust to be great. Winning close games is tough so compliments to STM. But anyone making explanations for why it was close other than that it was TWO great teams is acting foolish or in denial.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turn the clock back further. Poly was a member of the MSA as was City. You're correct about Dulaney and Towson.

City and Poly were in the B conference for lax when I was a kid. When did they stop playing in the A - the late 60s or early 70s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be interesting to see what the score would be if St. Marys didn't play their re-classed kids and only played kids that lived within 2 miles of St. Marys. - if you want to see apples to apples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be interesting to see what the score would be if St. Marys didn't play their re-classed kids and only played kids that lived within 2 miles of St. Marys. - if you want to see apples to apples.

Severna Park is 4/3A school in terms of size STM is 1A school in school size. You lost get over it.

Streak continues started in 1977……,play Spalding if you want to beat a miaa school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That comment cant even count as cheap.SP has re-classed kids or holdbacks and pay just as much money for club lacrosse and personal training as the next. Facts are facts. You lost just like every time. SP played their best game of the year while it was very clear that STM played its worst. You and your Ritchie HWY buddies can have a great time about your kids almost beat 2 MIAA schools within 5 miles of you. Almost doesnt count in this world. Apple to Apples would be if SP played STM schedule and STM played SP-.
Also, thanks for clearing up who the haters are on this site for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That comment cant even count as cheap.SP has re-classed kids or holdbacks and pay just as much money for club lacrosse and personal training as the next. Facts are facts. You lost just like every time. SP played their best game of the year while it was very clear that STM played its worst. You and your Ritchie HWY buddies can have a great time about your kids almost beat 2 MIAA schools within 5 miles of you. Almost doesnt count in this world. Apple to Apples would be if SP played STM schedule and STM played SP-.
Also, thanks for clearing up who the haters are on this site for us.

Thanks reclass Dad, Iron sharpens Iron... Or a better way to say that, reclassed Iron sharpens normal Iron

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes bc you all are showing how classy you are in these comments. Ha.

Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our character, not labels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your disdain toward public schools is the height of low class. People who are truly successful don’t look down on others because they’re not nsecure. If you have to hide behind a league, an entrenched Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC prep school name, have at it. Most of us want respect based on our character, not labels.
boom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait, there are no “reclassed” kids in public schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Marys was down 8-4 and never took any of their scholarship, reclassified, 19.5 year old seniors out of the game against a public school that does not have reclass players for lacrosse …maybe reclass players because their dense but not because of lacrosse like u turds and that makes it even more traumatic for you because you went to OT with a dummy reclass team …not an athletically underdeveloped, spoiled brat reclass team like the rest of the MIAA Your only reply should be I wasted a lot of money for private and I should have sold my house in Baltimores crime ridden arm pit and moved to SP when my accountant told me to this 4 years ago. Sad day for the MIAA’s best team. Mic drop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Severna park folks are funny. Best high school game they have ever seen. Never seen ECD videos before. Winning the super bowl is great…..show up to a miaa game Tuesday or Friday you will see better lacrosse anytime. BTW #1977 #SKO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
boom

Hide behind?Look down on others? What are we talking about here? The facts are clear as day. SP-Broadneck took their best shot at their private school neighbors.FYI respect is hardly given to anyone chiming on an anonymous site how great it was to almost win a game then bash the school they lost to. Comical is more like it and verifies the classless character of the parents of kids that had 1 good game against(lost game)2 teams. No wins but hey, congrats on almost winning. It is really ashame those players deserve more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes bc you all are showing how classy you are in these comments. Ha.

Reading these posts make me so happy my son declined his opportunities to attend a private school. I won’t argue that his team is anywhere near competitive with even the bottom teams in the MIAA, but he is having fun playing, loves his team, has academic opportunities private schools do not and I place the character of his friends above most of what I see here. Not just no regrets, I’m grateful for his ability to see and understand this for himself when deciding on schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 191 of 332 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 331 332
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard