Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:42 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:17 PM
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 06:21 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:21 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:06 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,709
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 84 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 83 84
Re: Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #361836 01/06/22 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You're right ...not bad . It's hard to lose when you play in my lollipop tournaments then say you only lost twice in 5 years . That's because you won't go out and play tournaments with the Hawks and kings in them more often . Too busy blowing out 91 tristate and the zingos . Stay strong buddy

Honest question. We all know the powerhouse teams from MD don’t come up here for the most part except for the NLF Championships.

Should Long Island teams be expected to travel out of state for every single tournament just to play Hawks, Madlax etc? Most teams play 5-7 tournaments in the spring/summer. Should they travel out of state every time? At some point travel/money has to be taken into account, regardless of competition.

Unfortunately yes you do have to travel out of state . Delaware , Maryland etc......to play the top teams . And yes the top teams are there . NAL is another top tournament that 91 shows up to just once in a while . They go to the NLF because it's their own tournament and even that has become watered down with B teams playing in it last year ,no hawks ,no kings etc.....then they go and say they are " national champs " lol. What a joke

I think I have seen team 91 teams out of state pretty often but if I am not recalling correctly that's fine. I think they are pretty smart about how they do things. They play in lots of Long Island tournaments (which they run) so travel and summer weekends are pretty nice for their families. Whenever I see them it seems like they are doing really - be it on LI or out of state. I don't know if they are best nor do I really care but they seem to have a solid product. Their 2022 team and 2023 team are very good and have lots of kids going to incredible schools.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #361840 01/06/22 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right ...not bad . It's hard to lose when you play in my lollipop tournaments then say you only lost twice in 5 years . That's because you won't go out and play tournaments with the Hawks and kings in them more often . Too busy blowing out 91 tristate and the zingos . Stay strong buddy

Honest question. We all know the powerhouse teams from MD don’t come up here for the most part except for the NLF Championships.

Should Long Island teams be expected to travel out of state for every single tournament just to play Hawks, Madlax etc? Most teams play 5-7 tournaments in the spring/summer. Should they travel out of state every time? At some point travel/money has to be taken into account, regardless of competition.

Unfortunately yes you do have to travel out of state . Delaware , Maryland etc......to play the top teams . And yes the top teams are there . NAL is another top tournament that 91 shows up to just once in a while . They go to the NLF because it's their own tournament and even that has become watered down with B teams playing in it last year ,no hawks ,no kings etc.....then they go and say they are " national champs " lol. What a joke

I think I have seen team 91 teams out of state pretty often but if I am not recalling correctly that's fine. I think they are pretty smart about how they do things. They play in lots of Long Island tournaments (which they run) so travel and summer weekends are pretty nice for their families. Whenever I see them it seems like they are doing really - be it on LI or out of state. I don't know if they are best nor do I really care but they seem to have a solid product. Their 2022 team and 2023 team are very good and have lots of kids going to incredible schools.

That's wonderful...seems like you're a big fan . And correction , they have maybe one or two players going to " incredible" schools as you mention not lots ....the rest are average schools . Let's not forget there are a lot of Hofstra and adelphi alumni coaches at 91 so the bar isn't set very high in terms of college acceptance.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361842 01/06/22 10:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they aren't going to leave long island for big tournaments and want to have a nice weekend just play PAL and call it a day ...you'll have plenty of time at home .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361845 01/06/22 11:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 wouldn’t have so many haters if they went so arrogant either. Marching out on the field at NLF with the goalie leading the way with an American flag and pulling a wagon with music blaring. So cocky. Then get pasted 10-3. Maybe some humble pie will be good for them.

Self-praise is for losers. Be a winner. Stand for something. Always have class, and be humble.

John Madden

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361848 01/06/22 11:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they aren't going to leave long island for big tournaments and want to have a nice weekend just play PAL and call it a day ...you'll have plenty of time at home .

91 doesn't leave my lollipop tournaments or long island because they " own" those tournaments not bevo they're concerned about quality of life of the parents/kids. When they go out of my lollipop tournaments they have to pay a fee like every other team . That's what happens when you're owned by a corporation. The bottom line is all that matters and they're not going to pay for the big tournaments when they can stay in their own for free and beat weak teams .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #361853 01/06/22 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 doesn't leave my lollipop tournaments or long island because they " own" those tournaments not bevo they're concerned about quality of life of the parents/kids. When they go out of my lollipop tournaments they have to pay a fee like every other team . That's what happens when you're owned by a corporation. The bottom line is all that matters and they're not going to pay for the big tournaments when they can stay in their own for free and beat weak teams .

Whatever they are doing seems to be working. They almost always kick the garbage out my kids teams (except the 2026 team - they are not great). There teams are all really good and they are not wasting time traveling to MD and where ever else you all think they should be traveling.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361887 01/06/22 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I always get a good laugh when I see the 16 daddy coaches pacing and screaming from the coaching sideline. Clown lacrosse. It's too funny.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361937 01/06/22 05:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing that society dictates your animonsity towards devoted coaches who are passionate about developing young men like they were developed in their youth. I guess haters will be haters. By the way two of the three Hofstra alumn and coaches of Machine are well respected teachers in their communities and the other is an attorney. Relax bashing any degree one receives from a learning institution as they are all bs anyway. It’s who you know not what you know. Most hater posters on this site obviously are miserable because they don’t get that concept out of pure ignorance or simple laziness.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #361954 01/06/22 07:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing that society dictates your animonsity towards devoted coaches who are passionate about developing young men like they were developed in their youth. I guess haters will be haters. By the way two of the three Hofstra alumn and coaches of Machine are well respected teachers in their communities and the other is an attorney. Relax bashing any degree one receives from a learning institution as they are all bs anyway. It’s who you know not what you know. Most hater posters on this site obviously are miserable because they don’t get that concept out of pure ignorance or simple laziness.

You confuse passion with emotion. I witnessed a lack of maturity and self control from coaches on the Machine coach sideline, more than once. One coach in particular. My guess is you are him. You are not respected. You need a short leash. If you are one of the Machine coaches, and you don’t know who I speak of, it’s you. If you don’t know, now you know.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #361961 01/06/22 08:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What an assumption. Check coaches profiles on there site Columbo. I have watched many lax games over my life time. Get to know what teams are enjoyable to watch. Like to do my research on the teams that have enjoyed to watch. But those activities just spoken of probably escapes you because you focus on negativity to make yourself feel better. This site is all about negativity towards others. Very rarely see a positive post about anyone other than the posters team. Annoying!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #361965 01/06/22 09:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope teams hold World Series tryouts. 2way announced theirs and posted some rules. 100 miles radius and open to all players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362056 01/07/22 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope teams hold World Series tryouts. 2way announced theirs and posted some rules. 100 miles radius and open to all players.

With regard to 2way, they sort of have to hold tryouts, given how many ineligible kids they have. Or I guess they can pull for their 2028 roster.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362063 01/07/22 03:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With regard to 2way, they sort of have to hold tryouts, given how many ineligible kids they have. Or I guess they can pull for their 2028 roster.

The Rules are restricting clubs from merging or renta player. Player has to play with the club. And only 4 coaches on the sidelines….

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #362078 01/07/22 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 parents seem a little hurted.

Legacy rocks baby!!!
Puzzling. Rocks what?
91 parents seem a little hurted.

Legacy rocks baby!!!
Puzzling. Rocks what?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #362094 01/08/22 07:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see the World Series back. 9/1/2008 is the cutoff so that levels the playing field. All teams and tournaments should be based on age and not grade.
Looking forward to some good competition.
Only 4 coaches on the sidelines is going to affect one of the clubs that you love to bash. How will they decide who gets to stay?

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 84 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 83 84
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard