June 5th Showcases: Final Chance to Register 4 the CBLaxers UnD1sputed & LI Showcase! wee.CBLaxers.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/27/22 09:04 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/27/22 08:58 AM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/27/22 08:10 AM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/27/22 08:00 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/27/22 07:54 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,080
Posts336,241
Members2,443
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 35 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 34 35
Re: holdbacks
Anonymous #358457 11/27/21 06:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Since this is the holdback thread just send your kid to private where it’s encouraged.

Public kids call it “failing” and it’s frowned upon.

That sums up the whole debate about holdbacks in a nutshell as they say. And so True.

My kids club team is arguably the best team for his grad year in the country, and has been more often than not, since the team originated 9 years ago. They have never had a holdback. The team (parents and kids) are very close and the majority of the kids have been on the team since the beginning. Not a national team. No ringers, ever. No new kids at all in a few years. And not one boarding school kid, ever. The last 9 years, I’ve been on BOTC, people have always said that their success can’t possibly last. They can’t keep winning at the highest level. The holdback teams will dominate them. “It’s going to be ugly!” But here we are, and the club years are wrapping up, and this same team is still on top (not arguable based on their list of accomplishments). Based on the success of this team, it’s obvious that the boarding school/holdback model is not the only successful model for developing top club teams and talent, which I’m sure is very much to the contrary of what most people believe that read this post. Just throwing this out there as a possible topic for conversation, since the culture in elite lacrosse dictates the boarding school/holdback path, thereby perpetuating LACROSSE’s well earned and long standing reputation as “the sport of the privileged”. No trolls please. All of this information is 100% accurate.

Go ahead and complete your post by naming club team and age group for this claim, otherwise this claim is unfounded.

2024 - Team 91 - Wolfpack

2021 NLF National Champion
2021 #1 Ranked Team in Nation (US Club Lacrosse & NLF National Ranking)
2020 - #3 Ranked Team in Nation (US Club Lacrosse)
2019 - #1 Ranked Team In Nation (US Club Lacrosse)
2019 - World Series of Youth Lacrosse - Undefeated Champion

Everyone on this team isn’t on age lol. Get out of here dude.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #358459 11/27/21 06:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! They even have a ‘crybaby’ thread here for the all the white-wimpy-keyboard-warrior-dads. LoL

Oak double hold back dad! Welcome ….

HaHa, I should add ALL the w-w-k-w-dads who can’t spell. Unless ‘0ak’ is some special code used by the wimpy white dads who post on this thread. LMAO

Oh man you got him so good! Sick burn. Wow! ROASTED!!! That dude must have fat thumbs. What a nerd…right! RIGHT!?!?!?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358473 11/27/21 10:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! They even have a ‘crybaby’ thread here for the all the white-wimpy-keyboard-warrior-dads. LoL

Oak double hold back dad! Welcome ….

HaHa, I should add ALL the w-w-k-w-dads who can’t spell. Unless ‘0ak’ is some special code used by the wimpy white dads who post on this thread. LMAO

Oh man you got him so good! Sick burn. Wow! ROASTED!!! That dude must have fat thumbs. What a nerd…right! RIGHT!?!?!?

I’m guessing that response was from a kid.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358481 11/27/21 11:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone with 18 K gets an honorary Catholic designation and spalding has 300+ kids a class-very selective

Spalding public school with uniforms. Btw the new high school being built across the street will be a better school.
You’re 50 years old mike let it go. Just check the niche rankings to see how stm and as compare. Truth is neither have terribly high standards. And it’s embarrassing for a grown man to care that much.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358486 11/28/21 01:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since this is the holdback thread just send your kid to private where it’s encouraged.

That sums up the whole debate about holdbacks in a nutshell as they say. And so True.

My kids club team is arguably the best team for his grad year in the country, and has been more often than not, since the team originated 9 years ago. They have never had a holdback. The team (parents and kids) are very close and the majority of the kids have been on the team since the beginning. Not a national team. No ringers, ever. No new kids at all in a few years. And not one boarding school kid, ever. The last 9 years, I’ve been on BOTC, people have always said that their success can’t possibly last. They can’t keep winning at the highest level. The holdback teams will dominate them. “It’s going to be ugly!” But here we are, and the club years are wrapping up, and this same team is still on top (not arguable based on their list of accomplishments). Based on the success of this team, it’s obvious that the boarding school/holdback model is not the only successful model for developing top club teams and talent, which I’m sure is very much to the contrary of what most people believe that read this post. Just throwing this out there as a possible topic for conversation, since the culture in elite lacrosse dictates the boarding school/holdback path, thereby perpetuating LACROSSE’s well earned and long standing reputation as “the sport of the privileged”. No trolls please. All of this information is 100% accurate.

Go ahead and complete your post by naming club team and age group for this claim, otherwise this claim is unfounded.

2024 - Team 91 - Wolfpack

2021 NLF National Champion
2021 #1 Ranked Team in Nation (US Club Lacrosse & NLF National Ranking)
2020 - #3 Ranked Team in Nation (US Club Lacrosse)
2019 - #1 Ranked Team In Nation (US Club Lacrosse)
2019 - World Series of Youth Lacrosse - Undefeated Champion

Everyone on this team isn’t on age lol. Get out of here dude.

Not the poster, but for the sake of accuracy, I can say that it is most likely true. Over the years, I’ve gotten to know some of the parents on the team, and by all accounts, Wolfpack has no holdbacks. To us, I know it sounds like an impossibility. But it’s not ingrained on Long Island, like it is here. The biggest reason for that is because they have no boarding schools on LI. So there are very few holdbacks as a result.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358518 11/28/21 04:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great, up until now! What age group are they ? If we are talking younger, only matter of time.

The holdback advantage is at its peak at 13 years old. Huge advantage at that point. After that, the holdback advantage steadily declines every year. If your kid is younger than 13, then you are in for a big surprise. If he’s older, I would be very surprised. Shocked, actually.

And parent coaches. Kids will be in for a shock when dad is not there to ignore their mistakes and look at everyone else's.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358535 11/28/21 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone with 18 K gets an honorary Catholic designation and spalding has 300+ kids a class-very selective

Spalding public school with uniforms. Btw the new high school being built across the street will be a better school.
You’re 50 years old mike let it go. Just check the niche rankings to see how stm and as compare. Truth is neither have terribly high standards. And it’s embarrassing for a grown man to care that much.

Yeah Mike, come on!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358571 11/29/21 09:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah Mike, come on!

Mike must not have things going for him according to plan.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358576 11/29/21 10:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great, up until now! What age group are they ? If we are talking younger, only matter of time.

Cant be a young team if they've been together for 9 years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358578 11/29/21 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah Mike, come on!

Mike must not have things going for him according to plan.

Is this the same guy with the constant hurt feelings on the Facebook MIAA lax page?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358579 11/29/21 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why public schools don't fail kids.

Everyone is an "honor student!"

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358580 11/29/21 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah the Private schools don't have grade inflation. LOL

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358592 11/29/21 01:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do.
But there's a reason why everyone from public school have honor roll stickers on their car. Everyone makes it.
And more often than not, public school kids GPAs drop when they hit private school.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358607 11/29/21 04:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do.
But there's a reason why everyone from public school have honor roll stickers on their car. Everyone makes it.
And more often than not, public school kids GPAs drop when they hit private school.

I’d like to know where you get your “more often than not” data. It sounds like a “trust me bro…” source

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #358617 11/29/21 06:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son transferred from an out of state public high school to a New England boarding school this fall. He almost had a 4.0 at the public school and his grades have dropped (but are still high) a bit at the prep school. It’s just different at private/prep schools and most kids will have an adjustment period at the new school, just like they will when they enter college. There is no doubt that private/prep school curriculum is different from public schools and will take some time for students to adjust.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 35 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard