BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Chief Admin
OP Online Content
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Boys 2023 (11th Graders) & Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on FLG 2023’s ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thinking about joining FLG 2023
Anybody got some information on them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your thinking or you want you kid to tryout? Can't just join lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022's are starting to officially reclass. It will be interesting to see how many over the next few weeks who are committed reclass.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2022's are starting to officially reclass. It will be interesting to see how many over the next few weeks who are committed reclass.

Why would they reclass if they're already committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they don't like the schools they committed to, or they never committed to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they don't like the schools they committed to, or they never committed to begin with.

They know that they are not going to play right away, so they reclass and do a PG year. Come in a year older and ready to compete for play time. I know of 2 2021's that did this. I think its crazy, but now a couple of 2022's have done it. I hope this is Not a trend and these kids have ridiculously crazy parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the tryouts go for everyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some teams got better such as 24, and some got worse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG got worse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG got worse

Why do you say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares at this point? Just play. If it can get you into a good school that’s great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg had a good run few years back. Everyone should know when it’s time to call it a day. Flg is done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares at this point? Just play. If it can get you into a good school that’s great.

This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.

And what club was this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg had a good run few years back. Everyone should know when it’s time to call it a day. Flg is done

Agreed, good run there boys teams are donzo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New conversation with a positive tone. 2023 is a strong class with many outstanding kids at traditional schools / clubs e.g. Chaminade, St. A, Manhasset, Team 91, Express, S2S, etc. (not intentionally missing other schools / programs). What is equally important and more impressive is other non-powerhouse schools and clubs are making an impact with kids being seriously looked at by top D1-3 programs. I have been to several tournaments and showcases this summer and there is a wealth of talent and so much less parent drama. Parents seem to get the joke that coaches are looking at everything now and they need to behave. It has been a exhausting but fun summer to watch my son play. Enjoy every moment because I have had parents with older kids say that you will miss it immensely when they are done. Best of luck to everyone and remember, there is a program (if he wants) for all of our boys whether it is club all the way to D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any good recruiting events to go to locally in the Fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the 365 Showcase Team? Their site shows a lot of commitments but I haven’t seen them around but maybe that’s because they are attending top/invitational events and small….interested in doing in and wanted to get some feedback from anyone. Much thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give the kid a break and take him fishing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.[/quote]

And what club was this?[/quote]

S2S[/quote]

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.[/quote]

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?[/quote]
Yes[/quote]

And what club is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

I was more alluding to the fact that it costs this much, and at this age there isn’t much movement so they had a good idea the roster would be set. All these guys are in it for the money. That’s almost $100k for the team. Oh but they paid for sports recruits website. Gee thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.[/quote]

And what club was this?[/quote]

S2S[/quote]

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.[/quote]

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?[/quote]

I was more alluding to the fact that it costs this much, and at this age there isn’t much movement so they had a good idea the roster would be set. All these guys are in it for the money. That’s almost $100k for the team. Oh but they paid for sports recruits website. Gee thanks.[/quote]

You still haven’t mentioned what team your kid plays for. All of these clubs are in it to make money. It’s a business like any other. If your kid is still in it as a rising junior you are hoping for a scholarship or extra merit money or helping them get into a school that maybe they wouldn’t have without lax. Nobody said you have to pay. People join these clubs on their own free will. And if your club is relying on recruiting sites alone then I feel sorry for you. What’s you are paying for us connections and exposure. Even without much movement some clubs held tryouts at this age and charged their current players for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team he is on is irrelevant. All I was saying was that it’s ridiculous how expensive it is and everyone is lining up for it. For “connections” etc. what team you are on, what level doesn’t matter. And my kid doesn’t even pay full price and it still boggles my mind. So your team (are you the S2s poster?) didn’t have tryouts but they knew they’d have a full roster. Great they saved everyone $100. They are still taking in a boatload of money. But at least they made people feel good about it. Not right or wrong. We’re all rowing in the same direction right? 1-2 more years of this right? Good luck to you and your kid. Hopefully it works out for everyone. Funny after this many years in it and now my youngest just started. Ugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?[/quote

I was more alluding to the fact that it costs this much, and at this age there isn’t much movement so they had a good idea the roster would be set. All these guys are in it for the money. That’s almost $100k for the team. Oh but they paid for sports recruits website. Gee thanks.[/quote]

You still haven’t mentioned what team your kid plays for. All of these clubs are in it to make money. It’s a business like any other. If your kid is still in it as a rising junior you are hoping for a scholarship or extra merit money or helping them get into a school that maybe they wouldn’t have without lax. Nobody said you have to pay. People join these clubs on their own free will. And if your club is relying on recruiting sites alone then I feel sorry for you. What’s you are paying for us connections and exposure. Even without much movement some clubs held tryouts at this age and charged their current players for it.[/quote]

A rational poster. Glad to see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team he is on is irrelevant. All I was saying was that it’s ridiculous how expensive it is and everyone is lining up for it. For “connections” etc. what team you are on, what level doesn’t matter. And my kid doesn’t even pay full price and it still boggles my mind. So your team (are you the S2s poster?) didn’t have tryouts but they knew they’d have a full roster. Great they saved everyone $100. They are still taking in a boatload of money. But at least they made people feel good about it. Not right or wrong. We’re all rowing in the same direction right? 1-2 more years of this right? Good luck to you and your kid. Hopefully it works out for everyone. Funny after this many years in it and now my youngest just started. Ugh.

I agree with you. Next summer is my kid's last year of this. He's is the youngest. Looking back now, my first two, one played college at a high level, the other didn't. The one that didn't, enjoyed himself 10x more than the one who played D1. Both graduated, live out of state, and are supporting themselves. The kicker is, my kid that played D1, plays on a local men's baseball club and enjoys every minute of it. My kid that played D3, plays golf during his free time. Neither had any interest in lax after college. Take lax for what it is worth, if you are wealthy, your kid can afford to fumble around with lax. If not, your kid needs to find a college offering course study he wants to pursue, putting lax second. Most importantly, neither one of my first two kids moved back home after college. Be careful what you wish for!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. Next summer is my kid's last year of this. He's is the youngest. Looking back now, my first two, one played college at a high level, the other didn't. The one that didn't, enjoyed himself 10x more than the one who played D1. Both graduated, live out of state, and are supporting themselves. The kicker is, my kid that played D1, plays on a local men's baseball club and enjoys every minute of it. My kid that played D3, plays golf during his free time. Neither had any interest in lax after college. Take lax for what it is worth, if you are wealthy, your kid can afford to fumble around with lax. If not, your kid needs to find a college offering course study he wants to pursue, putting lax second. Most importantly, neither one of my first two kids moved back home after college. Be careful what you wish for!

Great post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions on the elite 8 tournament next week in Del. Are those really the top 8 -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they get better? Did they get some new players??
Do they have 1 team or 2 teams for the 2023’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to those who committed already. I'm hearing quite a few committed to West Point and Annapolis today. God bless them and Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions on the elite 8 tournament next week in Del. Are those really the top 8 -

Of course not, but that never stopped anything. Inside lacrosse and USClub lax rankings make zero sense and screw everything up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not with Connecticut Grizzlies and Jesters Black not going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91,91 and 91!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Love the birthdays on these kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Love the birthdays on these kids.

Yup! Not as many holdbacks on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These LI 2023’s are 2024 and 2025 pretty much everywhere else. No real surprise if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 showed why they are #1 - not even the combined igloo shore2shore team made it to the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’ve got more 22’s on LI in the 2023 class than you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows the kid Inside lacrosse hires is all about Maryland and past few years as hard as he tried Long Island players were at the top three straight years. This year it was debatable and he did what he wanted. He goes to MIAA games in spring attends zero LI HS games so he enters summer knowing every MD kid yet pretends to know them all. Reason you are seeing so many different sites do rankings. LI kids are younger and better in the long run because of it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows the kid Inside lacrosse hires is all about Maryland and past few years as hard as he tried Long Island players were at the top three straight years. This year it was debatable and he did what he wanted. He goes to MIAA games in spring attends zero LI HS games so he enters summer knowing every MD kid yet pretends to know them all. Reason you are seeing so many different sites do rankings. LI kids are younger and better in the long run because of it

the #1 2023 is a reclass who wanted to be #1 but the '22 #1 is so much better, but he should be a 21.. but whatever..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fairness he did go to the Chaminade v St Anthony’s game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as importantly, the Inside lacrosse 'kid' doesn't go to New England Prep games, where a huge percentage of top D1 players come from every single year. Kids from all over the country go to these boarding schools and play some of the best day schools like Brunswick. Anyone who is sitting in Maryland watching only those games all Spring is missing out on arguably the most competitive league in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as importantly, the Inside lacrosse 'kid' doesn't go to New England Prep games, where a huge percentage of top D1 players come from every single year. Kids from all over the country go to these boarding schools and play some of the best day schools like Brunswick. Anyone who is sitting in Maryland watching only those games all Spring is missing out on arguably the most competitive league in the country.

Pretty much goes for everything these days. UA underclass is the best of the kids that try out. Not always the best in the country as they say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I do club for a memorable high school experience. At top 30 teams in state you can’t just do Recand get playing time anymore in high school.

If they play in college that is on them to push themselves.

The top 100 players a year can get picked up from just playing and getting noticed. The rest of each year has to approach the schools and go to I’d camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does LILJ come up with there list, some of the names on the honorable mention never seen the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the #1 2023 is a reclass who wanted to be #1 but the '22 #1 is so much better, but he should be a 21.. but whatever..

Isn’t the #1 ‘22 a holdback too? It’s the 91 way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top 10 in a class are a reclass. Not all, but most

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top 10 in a class are a reclass. Not all, but most

That’s a shame. Sad that gaming the system has become the norm. Makes me even prouder of my boys for doing things the right way(not cheating) and going on to start and contribute on their high level HS and college teams. Integrity and character means something in my family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does LILJ come up with there list, some of the names on the honorable mention never seen the field.

Good question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Well the list is a long list. Seems like they pulled names out of a hat. There is one kid that reclassified to the 2024 year on there. He never played for his HS but is listed as attending that school Has been in prep school for a while now. Played this past year as 24. So obviously they just pulled names that they heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the good '23s going to commit??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On age 23’s? Not for awhile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Well the list is a long list. Seems like they pulled names out of a hat. There is one kid that reclassified to the 2024 year on there. He never played for his HS but is listed as attending that school Has been in prep school for a while now. Played this past year as 24. So obviously they just pulled names that they heard of.

My son's HS has two kids on the list, one was on JV all season and the other played maybe 15 minutes all year on varsity, meantime there was two all division players on the team not on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how 2023 kids are committing without going to Prospect camps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best ones the first few weeks of school usually!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids have played in front of coaches multiple times already, hs/club coaches have vouched for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t the #1 ‘22 a holdback too? It’s the 91 way!

They will ignore this forever....LI kids are all younger and better off for it, except for the ones that are held back or reclass...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re delusional trying to push the narrative that all the LI kids are on age. They are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top tier of kids heard from coaches on Sept 1- the first day of open recruiting, and will be committing in the next few days/weeks, after they make their choices after having official visits, as many of these kids are getting multiple offers. They have already been scouted during the HS season, and at summer tournaments, showcases and prospect days.

Some kids have played in front of coaches multiple times already, hs/club coaches have vouched for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top tier of kids heard from coaches on Sept 1- the first day of open recruiting, and will be committing in the next few days/weeks, after they make their choices after having official visits, as many of these kids are getting multiple offers. They have already been scouted during the HS season, and at summer tournaments, showcases and prospect days.

When they ask you to visit a school how likely is it they will offer a scholarship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Does anyone know how 2023 kids are committing without going to Prospect camps?

When they ask you to visit a school how likely is it they will offer a scholarship?[

For my older ones, it was a mix. My Daughter got offers from 2 schools she visited. They were both her top choices so she only visited those schools. She is also a great student My son was a little different. We visited 5 schools with him. Walked out with 2 offers. 2 of other 3 contacted him later with offers. 1 made no offer. He is not a great student. GRADES MATTER!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say offer you mean a spot on the team, correct? Not really scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say offer you mean a spot on the team, correct? Not really scholarship.

Both my kids got a spot and some money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I realize we are coming off a COVID year and some coaches still recruiting 2022's and its only been 2 weeks BUT I am very surprised at how few commits to date. Clearly this is going to be a long dragged out process even for the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I realize we are coming off a COVID year and some coaches still recruiting 2022's and its only been 2 weeks BUT I am very surprised at how few commits to date. Clearly this is going to be a long dragged out process even for the best.

S2S has announced at least 5 off one of their teams already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 sounds pretty aggressive considering that most of the top kids in the class are not committed yet....what schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was looking at a recruiting website and last year (not including the service academies) there were 74 commits compared to 36 for this year by today's date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 sounds pretty aggressive considering that most of the top kids in the class are not committed yet....what schools?

I see 4, Dartmouth, Harvard, Navy, Syracuse, One 4 star non-committment...

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Shore+2+Shore+2023+OG%27s/6619/2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the owner's kid commit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have 4 committed as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's it? Well, I guess you need high grades to get in to most great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

It will be interesting to see if any lax rats on the top AA team go to college just for lax and wind up working for my son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

No excuses and I was the one harping that the numbers seem small. I have been through it before. Let’s see where your kid winds up. I just think people should be open to the fact that it my not be how you imagined….

I believe the reason the numbers are not higher is because people are taking their time. Most people I have spoke with want to make sure the fit is right academically, socially and lacrosse wise. No need to rush at this point. All the top players and even the next tier players have had contact with coaches. Find the best fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the absolute densest posts ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be interesting to see if any lax rats on the top AA team go to college just for lax and wind up working for my son.

hahaha most likely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw an IL tweet that 100 juniors have already committed since sept 1st. Wow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the Rebels had a pair of commits yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well aren't they just the best! Definitely the best club to be on hahah

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the commitment process for D3 schools? Do they ever have pre-regular admission verbal commitments like the D1's?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh? Think that was just an update. If your this petty over a club assume you may have been cut from it. However, more of an excitement to see more Long Island D1 guys! All about guys finding the right spot. At this point I think we have a consensus on just rooting for future success for these young men.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels, FLG, 91, Express, Igloo, and Legacy all get criticized here consistently. But if college recruiting is the agreed end game these are the clubs that have the most success. There are only a few clubs with consistent D1 commits and top D3 commits each year. For the last 8 or more years the only clubs that can say that they have many D1/top D3 commits are 91, Express, FLG and the Rebels which continues its success from the Outlaws. Igloo and legacy getting some traction and may be able to match these clubs if they can put together another 5 or more consecutive years of successful recruiting. After those clubs you have clubs like icon who had one good year of recruiting and that is it. Let’s see if clubs like S2S and others who will have a great year this year can keep it up for as many years 91, Express, FLG and Rebels/Outlaws have been able to. Say what you want about these clubs but they have all done well for recruiting despite the consent bashing here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels, FLG, 91, Express, Igloo, and Legacy all get criticized here consistently. But if college recruiting is the agreed end game these are the clubs that have the most success. There are only a few clubs with consistent D1 commits and top D3 commits each year. For the last 8 or more years the only clubs that can say that they have many D1/top D3 commits are 91, Express, FLG and the Rebels which continues its success from the Outlaws. Igloo and legacy getting some traction and may be able to match these clubs if they can put together another 5 or more consecutive years of successful recruiting. After those clubs you have clubs like icon who had one good year of recruiting and that is it. Let’s see if clubs like S2S and others who will have a great year this year can keep it up for as many years 91, Express, FLG and Rebels/Outlaws have been able to. Say what you want about these clubs but they have all done well for recruiting despite the consent bashing here.

Aren’t we over the club bashing at this point? Now more than ever it doesn’t matter if your kids club is better than mine. Who wins and who loses doesn’t matter. If you haven’t focused on your kid over the last few years now is the time. Get over it. Travel is a done deal for our boys. On to the next chapter. May they find schools that will make them successful in life and if they get to play lax along the way great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to lead a miserable life to post snarky comments at this point. It so weak, hopefully your children don’t follow in your footsteps. What ever are you going to do next year? Such a lost, enjoy your pathetic life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren’t we over the club bashing at this point? Now more than ever it doesn’t matter if your kids club is better than mine. Who wins and who loses doesn’t matter. If you haven’t focused on your kid over the last few years now is the time. Get over it. Travel is a done deal for our boys. On to the next chapter. May they find schools that will make them successful in life and if they get to play lax along the way great.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Finally someone with common sense, good luck to all the boys I hope they all find a great fit for them at the next level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read the longer quote it is not bashing any clubs. From these post that you commented on there was one person who bashed the rebels. The other two posts were actually positive posts about different clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the commitment process for D3 schools? Do they ever have pre-regular admission verbal commitments like the D1's?

I believe May, verbally confirms their top recruits, June pre-admin, July 1 offers.... there might be some interactions before may, but that's the basics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

according to ty xanders a few days ago as fo 9/22 - 90 commits in 21 vs 160 in 20 vs 35 in 19

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of the following "B" teams get any 2023 college commits?
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

I'm a True Blue parent I know one player committed to UNC and there is another 4-6 players talking with D-1 schools. I hope this helps your sarcastic post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

I'm a True Blue parent I know one player committed to UNC and there is another 4-6 players talking with D-1 schools. I hope this helps your sarcastic post.
I’m pretty sure the the high school got those kids recruited. But truth be told that true blue team had the best coach that program had and he’s done coaching for them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles
True Blue
FLG

I’m pretty sure the the high school got those kids recruited. But truth be told that true blue team had the best coach that program had and he’s done coaching for them now.

I agree, the Massapequa coach was very good. Unfortunately not in power any longer.
The Turtles organization is a joke.
FLG doesn't have any 2023 recruits yet, but will soon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the UNC commit on True Blue plays for such a powerhouse High School True Blue had nothing to do with it. I get ya True Blue isn't 91 but stop you sarcastic remarks when does it end on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have kids that have played on both 91 and Express AA team over the years. I know the TB team well and there are some very good players on that team at the 23 group. Maybe not a top top team but again some very good individual players. Had a good 20 team too. Congrats on the UNC LSM - he is legit. Parents on bigger clubs must be so pissed. I am not surprised that there are some other boys on that team talking to D1 coaches. Best of luck to them and all our LI boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the UNC commit on True Blue plays for such a powerhouse High School True Blue had nothing to do with it. I get ya True Blue isn't 91 but stop you sarcastic remarks when does it end on here.

I think the college coaches are just recruiting the best players regardless of club team or high school. If you are a good player and go to a showcase or 2 and attend the prospect day of the school you are interested in attending it works out. FLG, TB, 91, Express - good players get found. There is 2021 at Hopkins now that played ICON. I had never heard of ICON or seen them at any tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the college coaches are just recruiting the best players regardless of club team or high school. If you are a good player and go to a showcase or 2 and attend the prospect day of the school you are interested in attending it works out. FLG, TB, 91, Express - good players get found. There is 2021 at Hopkins now that played ICON. I had never heard of ICON or seen them at any tournaments.

Icon 2021 was a top team for 2021. Would beat top express and 91 teams at times. Owner has many connections. It was a shock when he could not build off that team. The Hopkins kid was well known from 8th grade and committed at that time to Syracuse. But later went to Hopkins. For 2021 only a few clubs had many d1 commits. 91AA, Express AA, FLG, Igloo, Rebels, icon and Legacy. Those are the only ones that had more than 5 d1 commits. The rest had zero or at most 1 or 2. It helps to be on a club team who has a history of success at recruiting or a top team even if on top for only one year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I had 3 boys play in the program and From my experience at Tb there is zero help in the recruitment process at their program. I’m not bashing them I’m not trash talking them I’m speaking from experience. My oldest boy had to literally do everything on his own for the recruitment process. My second son no longer plays travel lacrosse and my third is in 7th grade playing for another club that has been very successful in getting kids placed where they belong for college lacrosse as per some close friends past experiences. Tb isn’t a bad program but unfortunately Idt they put the effort into the final chapter of the kids lacrosse chapter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely true colleges can care less what travel program you are on. They want the best athletes/players for there team. Good luck to the boys...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is absolutely true colleges can care less what travel program you are on. They want the best athletes/players for there team. Good luck to the boys...

You are spot on. If only the parents of younger kids new this. Play for the best team you can AND also get plenty of playing time. That is the key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are spot on. If only the parents of younger kids new this. Play for the best team you can AND also get plenty of playing time. That is the key.

What do you do when you think your son is on one of the best teams but gets blown out at tournaments and the director keeps telling the parents how great their connections are but the kids aren't getting recruited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When reaching out to coaches, should it be through a recruiting site (sports recruits etc) or just through normal email?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you do when you think your son is on one of the best teams but gets blown out at tournaments and the director keeps telling the parents how great their connections are but the kids aren't getting recruited?

If your are really asking this question at this point in your kids travel career, you have missed the boat. How long have they been getting blown out? Does your kid see the field and perform well when he is out there? It isn’t always about the win at this point. Have their been lots of recruits in the organization in previous years? These are al things you should know. Also, maybe your kid isn’t as good as you think they are. Not every kid is going to get recruited. Not every A team kid goes D1. The pool is way bigger than LI. Be realistic about your kids ability. Pick schools they want to go to and then see if lax will follow. I would also speak to your coach and ask how he will help through the recruiting process. If they aren’t going to help do some research and have your kid start reaching out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your are really asking this question at this point in your kids travel career, you have missed the boat. How long have they been getting blown out? Does your kid see the field and perform well when he is out there? It isn’t always about the win at this point. Have their been lots of recruits in the organization in previous years? These are al things you should know. Also, maybe your kid isn’t as good as you think they are. Not every kid is going to get recruited. Not every A team kid goes D1. The pool is way bigger than LI. Be realistic about your kids ability. Pick schools they want to go to and then see if lax will follow. I would also speak to your coach and ask how he will help through the recruiting process. If they aren’t going to help do some research and have your kid start reaching out.

I don’t think it was a real question. But if it was your answer was very good. The only other thing I would add to it is are there a lot of coaches on the sidelines at your kids games? Keep in mind some of the lower top clubs that are able to get into the best tournaments will schedule a game or two against teams like crabs, 91, express etc. just to get In front of a lot of coaches who are watching those better teams players. It is actually a great strategy and very effective. If a coach sees your kid perform well against those clubs he can definitely make their list for a follow up view of the kid. The bottom line is hope coaches are coming to watch your kids game and those coaches are from schools your kid would like to go to. If that is not happening then maybe he is on the wrong club. At the very least go to showcases/ prospect camps and hope that the coach likes the kid and Follows to watch him at a club event. That is the way it usually works. A kid is spotted either at some event or showcase/Prospect camp then they come to the club game to follow up to confirm what they saw. Or if he is spotted at a club game he’s asked to come to a prospect camp to confirm what they saw. It is not rocket science. You just have to be on the field in front of coaches of schools your kid wants to attend. Wins and losses mean nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

I think the answer is yes but I would also be curious to hear what other think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The D1 coaches are calling names from the top recruiting showcases. Most top schools are looking at videos but only interested in the big boys. D2 schools are interested in anybody, and D3 doesn't really care until year 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These coaches get hundreds if not thousands of emails and videos sent to them. If No one was calling the coach of the desired school for your son. Chances are he or his assistants didn’t look at the film. Be honest with your assessment of your sons skills and if you believe he has what it takes to compete at the desired school. Go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The D1 coaches are calling names from the top recruiting showcases. Most top schools are looking at videos but only interested in the big boys. D2 schools are interested in anybody, and D3 doesn't really care until year 2022.

There is no set answer and each kid takes a different path. For example, my older guy plays d1 and got many calls September 1 of his junior year. His calls ranged from top d1 to probably top 35 lacrosse schools. Funny that he got no calls from lower level d1. In fact as time went on and he got more calls from d1 very few were from lower level schools. I bring this up because he never emailed lower level schools. So email contact is very important. Also, he went to only three individual college prospect camps. The rest he relied on showcases where there were many schools and club recruiting tournaments. When talking to coaches they seemed to have seen him at top recruiting showcases and club tournaments. I will say although he did get offers from many schools where he did not attend their prospect camp some of those schools asked why he never attended even though he was invited. My advise would be go to showcases where your target schools and many other coaches are at and only target a handful of individual camps. If he is not getting looks or calls you need to get to showcases where there are a lot of coaches to see him. If they like him they will either overlook that he did not go to the prospect camp or tell him to go to the prospect day at some point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no set answer and each kid takes a different path. For example, my older guy plays d1 and got many calls September 1 of his junior year. His calls ranged from top d1 to probably top 35 lacrosse schools. Funny that he got no calls from lower level d1. In fact as time went on and he got more calls from d1 very few were from lower level schools. I bring this up because he never emailed lower level schools. So email contact is very important. Also, he went to only three individual college prospect camps. The rest he relied on showcases where there were many schools and club recruiting tournaments. When talking to coaches they seemed to have seen him at top recruiting showcases and club tournaments. I will say although he did get offers from many schools where he did not attend their prospect camp some of those schools asked why he never attended even though he was invited. My advise would be go to showcases where your target schools and many other coaches are at and only target a handful of individual camps. If he is not getting looks or calls you need to get to showcases where there are a lot of coaches to see him. If they like him they will either overlook that he did not go to the prospect camp or tell him to go to the prospect day at some point.

My son had an injury so unfortunately missed the entire summer. He is now completely recovered and is signed up for a few showcases this Fall. One of the showcases is invite only and there will be a lot of coaches in attendance. What is the protocol for these showcases, should he email the coaches of schools he’s interested in beforehand to ask them to give him a look? If he plays well is it possible that coaches he didn’t reach out to beforehand would reach out to him? How proactive do you need to be?

Also, are these school prospect days just a money grab or do colleges actually scout the kids who show up seriously? My son was invited to a couple of big showcases over the summer that he couldn’t attend and now he gets email blasts from tons of schools to attend their prospect days (I’m assuming they got his info from these showcases but I guess it could come from somewhere else).

Any legit feedback would be helpful since we’re from a non lacrosse hotbed and my son left his club team so we’re doing this a bit on our own (my son blamed the head coach for his injury during a meaningless spring scrimmage, whether it really was the coach’s fault or not doesn’t matter bc my son is convinced he wasn’t looking out for his best interests and wouldn’t play for him again).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son had an injury so unfortunately missed the entire summer. He is now completely recovered and is signed up for a few showcases this Fall. One of the showcases is invite only and there will be a lot of coaches in attendance. What is the protocol for these showcases, should he email the coaches of schools he’s interested in beforehand to ask them to give him a look? If he plays well is it possible that coaches he didn’t reach out to beforehand would reach out to him? How proactive do you need to be?

Also, are these school prospect days just a money grab or do colleges actually scout the kids who show up seriously? My son was invited to a couple of big showcases over the summer that he couldn’t attend and now he gets email blasts from tons of schools to attend their prospect days (I’m assuming they got his info from these showcases but I guess it could come from somewhere else).

Any legit feedback would be helpful since we’re from a non lacrosse hotbed and my son left his club team so we’re doing this a bit on our own (my son blamed the head coach for his injury during a meaningless spring scrimmage, whether it really was the coach’s fault or not doesn’t matter bc my son is convinced he wasn’t looking out for his best interests and wouldn’t play for him again).

Your last paragraph is concerning. A coach set up a scrimmage to continue to develop your son and give him more game experience. Your son got hurt during that and it was the coaches fault? Would it have been the coaches fault if it was a tournament? He could have opted out of the scrimmage if it was beneath him. Sounds like your kid has some growing up to do.

That being said he needs to market himself. Send videos to schools he is interested in. He should attend prospect camps at schools on his list or showcases that have a lot of coaches attending. He should be prepared for questions about his injury and why he left his club. We are relying on connections that our club coach has and have him listed as a contact. College coaches want kids who are coachable. They will talk to the club coaches. Burning a bridge at this point in the game probably wasn’t a god idea. Life lesson for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the top showcases for the fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are the top showcases for the fall?
Definitely not 91 they are all rigged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this has been quickest pace of recruiting I recall in some time. And that’s what is just recorded, has to be dozens more. Wow!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2023&league=1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this has been quickest pace of recruiting I recall in some time. And that’s what is just recorded, has to be dozens more. Wow!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2023&league=1

Kids are from all over the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would definitely do research on showcases. Some are really good. However, it’s based on overall talent and then team placement. Worst is being an attackmen and your team loses every faceoff. I think there is more of a benefit to prospect days, as long as your expectations are honest. If your son is not in the top 75 players, think long and hard before signing up for an ACC or Big 10 prospect day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The November 7th showcase at Farmingdale College, does anyone know what colleges are attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The November 7th showcase at Farmingdale College, does anyone know what colleges are attending?

I don't know but I will say a coach told my son that it is important to really look closely at the showcase to see what players are going. For the 2023 class, because so many players have committed, very often the best don't go to the showcases but go tourneys instead. The coaches want to see the players versus the best and if they don't go to the showcase that can make it hard. So while coaches may be at a particular showcase, they may not be thrilled with the competition if committed players are not attending. I can't speak to the veracity of this comment across the board as it was told to my son from just one coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know but I will say a coach told my son that it is important to really look closely at the showcase to see what players are going. For the 2023 class, because so many players have committed, very often the best don't go to the showcases but go tourneys instead. The coaches want to see the players versus the best and if they don't go to the showcase that can make it hard. So while coaches may be at a particular showcase, they may not be thrilled with the competition if committed players are not attending. I can't speak to the veracity of this comment across the board as it was told to my son from just one coach.

There is also a PSAT being offered that day which may cut down on participation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is also a PSAT being offered that day which may cut down on participation.

And I think it’s run by the same guys that do the my state thing so any effort put into the kids or extra run whatever will be to the kids in their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I think it’s hot or miss. My son went to 2, one was great, the other not so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will here and get a lot of contradicting information. It’s not that people are wrong it’s what they experienced. I have 2 older kids and both recruiting experiences were different. I would look at the coaches attending if a school your son wants is there then go. Every chance he gets to play in front of the coaches of the schools he wants to attend is a good thing. He he will have a chance to meet them ans show what type of person and player he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
November 7th is a Sunday and I believe PSAT's are given on Saturday. The Igloo showcase on November 6th is a premier event because, from what I understand AA pays very good money for the coaches to be there. The hope / expectation is that these coaches stick around for the team tournament on Sunday which is recruiting tournament only for 2023/2024 teams. This ticks the box for many LI teams that already have committed players since it is close to home and allows coaches to keep an eye on their recent commitments and for the uncommitted players to play against good competition. If your son is a great player then sign him up for the showcase on Saturday. If his team is not invited to the tournament on Sunday then ask your teams coach / director to reach out to coaches with teams in the tournament for a guest spot (if they will even allow that).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
November 7th is a Sunday and I believe PSAT's are given on Saturday. The Igloo showcase on November 6th is a premier event because, from what I understand AA pays very good money for the coaches to be there. The hope / expectation is that these coaches stick around for the team tournament on Sunday which is recruiting tournament only for 2023/2024 teams. This ticks the box for many LI teams that already have committed players since it is close to home and allows coaches to keep an eye on their recent commitments and for the uncommitted players to play against good competition. If your son is a great player then sign him up for the showcase on Saturday. If his team is not invited to the tournament on Sunday then ask your teams coach / director to reach out to coaches with teams in the tournament for a guest spot (if they will even allow that).

The 2023's play mid afternoon and into late Sunday night, do you really think these coaches are sticking around that late after being there all day Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question and I do not have the answer. A big part of their job is recruiting and November is the last big push to see a lot of good players in one place so I hope they stick around. If you look at https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2023&league=1 there is still a lot of room at very good schools and that it just the D1 schools. There will be a several excellent D3 programs attending as well so I do hope they stick around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023's play mid afternoon and into late Sunday night, do you really think these coaches are sticking around that late after being there all day Saturday.

I think they are going to stick around. Penn, BU, GT, JHU and a few other are pretty full on 2023s but many of these schools still need to complete their classes so I think they will stick around. But what do I know.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are going to stick around. Penn, BU, GT, JHU and a few other are pretty full on 2023s but many of these schools still need to complete their classes so I think they will stick around. But what do I know.....

Is registration still open for the individual showcase on Saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a few low level D1's still looking for 2023's. Providence, Cleveland, Mercer, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a few low level D1's still looking for 2023's. Providence, Cleveland, Mercer, etc.

What is that suppose to mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a silly comment. If you look at inside lacrosse and the total number of commits that have been taken, thee are plenty of top spots available at top 20 schools. Just one example. Duke has no defenseman selected yet. I think they are a pretty good team. Also putting Providence with Cleveland State and Mercer shows the level of knowledge from this poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a silly comment. If you look at inside lacrosse and the total number of commits that have been taken, thee are plenty of top spots available at top 20 schools. Just one example. Duke has no defenseman selected yet. I think they are a pretty good team. Also putting Providence with Cleveland State and Mercer shows the level of knowledge from this poster.

Come on now, you know Providence is at the bottom. Don't try to hype it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023's play mid afternoon and into late Sunday night, do you really think these coaches are sticking around that late after being there all day Saturday.[/quote]

I think they are going to stick around. Penn, BU, GT, JHU and a few other are pretty full on 2023s but many of these schools still need to complete their classes so I think they will stick around. But what do I know.....[/quote]

Is registration still open for the individual showcase on Saturday?[/quote]

There's a few low level D1's still looking for 2023's. Providence, Cleveland, Mercer, etc.[/quote]

That's a silly comment. If you look at inside lacrosse and the total number of commits that have been taken, thee are plenty of top spots available at top 20 schools. Just one example. Duke has no defenseman selected yet. I think they are a pretty good team. Also putting Providence with Cleveland State and Mercer shows the level of knowledge from this poster.[/quote]

Come on now, you know Providence is at the bottom. Don't try to hype it up.[/quote]

About 300 2023 D1 commits announced. 70ish D1 teams x 10+ per class means there are still 400-500 spots left. Plus D2/D3/MCLA. Lots of good opportunity to play lacrosse in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can we find a list of what college coaches will be at the Fall Classic in Farmingdale this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think Duke doesn't already have their commits locked down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.
Every top program will still take 2023's if some emerge and they always do. If you take Top 100 lists from years past, look at how many never ever play. More than you think. The Prep schools get some early looks, and the the cream from the Public school rises to the top(Especially LI). Always have, always will. Notre Dame loves the Prep school, Chaminade/st Antony kids. How many Championships do they have? I would Take a Public school kid 7 days a week, before the way over rated Prep school Babies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not about prep or private school babies. Some schools want to make sure the kids they bring on campus can do the school work. I am not saying the public school kids cannot but all schools on LI are not equal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.
Every top program will still take 2023's if some emerge and they always do. If you take Top 100 lists from years past, look at how many never ever play. More than you think. The Prep schools get some early looks, and the the cream from the Public school rises to the top(Especially LI). Always have, always will. Notre Dame loves the Prep school, Chaminade/st Antony kids. How many Championships do they have? I would Take a Public school kid 7 days a week, before the way over rated Prep school Babies

It will be fun to watch these commits who are going to the highest academic D1 schools and see what happens to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of coarse some great kids come out of prep schools. Very fine skilled players. Many are hold backs. That’s not a huge thing in public schools. On a whole the Public school kids are just tougher. Do not really count STA as prep school. If you got a check book you can get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.

It will be fun to watch these commits who are going to the highest academic D1 schools and see what happens to them.[/

It will be fun I hope they all have success in the classroom and on the field. I wish them nothing but the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.

It will be fun to watch these commits who are going to the highest academic D1 schools and see what happens to them.[/

It will be fun I hope they all have success in the classroom and on the field. I wish them nothing but the best.

More success in the classroom since they won't be seeing the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be fun I hope they all have success in the classroom and on the field. I wish them nothing but the best.[/quote]

More success in the classroom since they won't be seeing the field.[/quote]

Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school[/quote]

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.[/quote]

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.[/quote]

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school[/quote]

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.[/quote]

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.[/quote]

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.[/quote]

And you’ll be watching your grand kids because your son ran off with Sinamin, the stripper and baby mama of his 5th kid. All because you are a bitter never been d bag. My kid gets in to Harvard because of lax and never plays I’m good with that. PLL isnt the goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.[/quote]

Such nonsense, just more jealous and bitter drivel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such nonsense, just more jealous and bitter drivel.[/quote]

Shows that you haven't been through the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep school babies??? what are you 12?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats nice way to put it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s great to be a Outlaw,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Josey Wales

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such nonsense, just more jealous and bitter drivel.[/quote]

Shows that you haven't been through the system.[/quote]

Lacrosse is so overrated. After it's all said and done post-H.S. no one is going to care what our kids did in H.S. let alone college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Bandits dominant at IMLCA in Orlando against some very strong competition. LI made strong showing with S2S and an undermanned Team 91 Warrior Squad both preforming well. Great chance for uncommits to show college coaches what they can do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Bandits dominant at IMLCA in Orlando against some very strong competition. LI made strong showing with S2S and an undermanned Team 91 Warrior Squad both preforming well. Great chance for uncommits to show college coaches what they can do.

Bandit kids not recruited yet??? What's wrong with JS? He took care of his kids first?

Isn’t there like 13 or 14 Bandits committed? I’d say that’s very impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandit kids not recruited yet??? What's wrong with JS? He took care of his kids first?

Isn’t there like 13 or 14 Bandits committed? I’d say that’s very impressive.

Actually it's unimpressive for the supposed best team in America.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things a little slow in the Huntington area today 🤔

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What LI club has the most commits for this grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking it up looks like
91 has 14 official commits but hear there’s another that’s been done awhile and deciding on PG or not

Express has 9 that I have found

Igloo has 8 comitted this is a surprisingly low number as that team is very talented
Think many kids are taking time as the Covid effect has hit scholarship dollars personally believe many 23’s will decide to go to a prep school for a year as roster are extremely flooded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where you got your facts from, but looking at Inside Lacrosse Recruiting Database https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Igloo+2023+Black+Diamond/3127/2022
looks like Igloo Black Diamond has 17 commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking it up looks like
91 has 14 official commits but hear there’s another that’s been done awhile and deciding on PG or not

Express has 9 that I have found

Igloo has 8 comitted this is a surprisingly low number as that team is very talented
Think many kids are taking time as the Covid effect has hit scholarship dollars personally believe many 23’s will decide to go to a prep school for a year as roster are extremely flooded

Looks like Shore 2 shore has done pretty well also. 11 on inside lacrosse site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 16 players committed! this is a fact!!! Going to Georgetown, Villinova, Army, Syracuse, Michigan, Navy, Lafayette, Harvard, Colgate, High Point, Bucknell, Vermont, Quinnipac, Yale, Hopkins

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 16 players committed! this is a fact!!! Going to Georgetown, Villinova, Army, Syracuse, Michigan, Navy, Lafayette, Harvard, Colgate, High Point, Bucknell, Vermont, Quinnipac, Yale, Hopkins

That’s great looks like LI kids are doing just fine. It doesn’t matter when it happens it just matters that it happens as far as comittment. It’s not a race kids need to just choose the right place and schools need to find players so sometimes the fit takes longer to develop happy for those kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have there been any commits from B teams in any of these organizations? I wonder if they are getting any help from their directors. And are we only praising D1 commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have there been any commits from B teams in any of these organizations? I wonder if they are getting any help from their directors. And are we only praising D1 commits?

91 warriors have 2 or 3 D1 committed players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of a kid that plays for a NLF team (not from LI) we rarely see or hear about Igloo. What a great list of college commitments!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of a kid that plays for a NLF team (not from LI) we rarely see or hear about Igloo. What a great list of college commitments!!

Yes, the mystery is solved. Coaches will find good players and players with social media and YouTube can get to coaches easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Warriors are tough!! They have some undersized players but they are tough kids and play hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Warriors are tough!! They have some undersized players but they are tough kids and play hard.

BORING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BORING

In the grand scheme of things, what is it worth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BORING

Kids that are tough and play hard? In the grand scheme of things… a lot. A good education, a solid work ethic laid as a foundation which will help them not only at the next level, but in the corporate world in whichever industry they choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BORING

Kids that are tough and play hard? In the grand scheme of things… a lot. A good education, a solid work ethic laid as a foundation which will help them not only at the next level, but in the corporate world in whichever industry they choose.

Warriors are the red headed step child to Bandits and every other A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol - check your facts on that one - a number of kids listed were guest players for the igloo team at a tournament. Igloo once prided themselves as being a all LI only in house team. Now they take any and all to get a W. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what teams are going to the Stonybrook showcase on MLK day. I heard its in the bubble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What help has your club given or is giving to get your kid recruited? You don’t have to name the club if you don’t want. Just curious what clubs are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol - check your facts on that one - a number of kids listed were guest players for the igloo team at a tournament. Igloo once prided themselves as being a all LI only in house team. Now they take any and all to get a W. Sad

Pretty sure 91, and Express have done this for years. Need to to be competitive. It’s about what good kids you can get to play for free to make the club look good at the expensive of the paying customers. Been like this for a long time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the list of coaches for the MLK Showcase @ Stonybrook.
https://cblaxers.com/ny-showcase/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure 91, and Express have done this for years. Need to to be competitive. It’s about what good kids you can get to play for free to make the club look good at the expensive of the paying customers. Been like this for a long time!
It's actually about fielding a team that will allow all the boys to look and play their best to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am disappointed in the help my sons B team is giving in terms of recruiting. Is there a place I can find upcoming showcases and tournaments? I am a single mom and this is my first kid so no clue how to find these things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am disappointed in the help my sons B team is giving in terms of recruiting. Is there a place I can find upcoming showcases and tournaments? I am a single mom and this is my first kid so no clue how to find these things.

Wacky lax....They do not have a lot of stuff posted right now but they will in the coming months. They have a page on their website dedicated to showcases and prospect days. it does not list all of them but each year they post a good amount. Beginners Lax also has a page on their website for prospect day and showcases. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Contact the school coaches he is interested in. The coaches will let him know when they have prospect camps. He'll need to fill out a recruiting form on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Contact the school coaches he is interested in. The coaches will let him know when they have prospect camps. He'll need to fill out a recruiting form on their website.

First get really good highlights together, do not exceed 3 min. Put the best highlights first. And send that out with an engagement letter to every school your son is interested in and can play at. And catalog the responses and non responses from each email and plan showcases and prospect days accordingly. Keep the letter simple, intro, personal bio and reasons the school is on the short list of schools. Finish it off with good luck with the upcoming season, I look forward to meeting you and your coaching staff at upcoming prospect day and/or campus visit. Also include your summer tourney schedule and see which one they might be attending.

Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for the civil responses on where I should start!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the D3 Showcase Monday in CT could be cancelled due to weather? I emailed them and not getting a response. Weather looks crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the D3 Showcase Monday in CT could be cancelled due to weather? I emailed them and not getting a response. Weather looks crazy!

There is an indoor one in Jersey on Monday. Been there in the past with older son. Very well attended

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First get really good highlights together, do not exceed 3 min. Put the best highlights first. And send that out with an engagement letter to every school your son is interested in and can play at. And catalog the responses and non responses from each email and plan showcases and prospect days accordingly. Keep the letter simple, intro, personal bio and reasons the school is on the short list of schools. Finish it off with good luck with the upcoming season, I look forward to meeting you and your coaching staff at upcoming prospect day and/or campus visit. Also include your summer tourney schedule and see which one they might be attending.

Good luck

Do yourself a favor and zero in on the BEST SCHOOLS offering academics pertaining to the career field he has an interest in. For example, if he has an interest in becoming a pharmacist, why would you send him to a school with a strong business program, if he has no interest in business, just to play lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard their are some clubs running a 2022 varsity team is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all clubs have a “varsity” team. Generally it’s 10-12th grade kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for the civil responses on where I should start!

And if there is a school he is really interested in, don’t wait.

Look up their lax program web site… right now is prospect day season! For example Maryland has theirs this weekend coming up…he may not be Maryland material, but you get the point.

So don’t wait….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express does not do this. the 2023 Haugen team has been together along time, the is no out of state kid on the team. All Long Island or NYC except for one Westchester kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express does not do this. the 2023 Haugen team has been together along time, the is no out of state kid on the team. All Long Island or NYC except for one Westchester kid.

And a lot of those kids are committed. So what’s better take that route and play mostly with kids or recruit from everywhere to ensure your team is best? Point is the premium on winning is above all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point is to be on a team that attends the right events and is competitive. You don't want to be playing in the Long Ireland tournament, you want to be at Naptown or similar. Also, you to be on a team where you can be on field to be seen, no good to be on Igloo where a guest player comes in and takes your reps away. Winning is great, but playing competitively at the right tournaments is more important.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard