BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

I think the answer is yes but I would also be curious to hear what other think.

The D1 coaches are calling names from the top recruiting showcases. Most top schools are looking at videos but only interested in the big boys. D2 schools are interested in anybody, and D3 doesn't really care until year 2022.

There is no set answer and each kid takes a different path. For example, my older guy plays d1 and got many calls September 1 of his junior year. His calls ranged from top d1 to probably top 35 lacrosse schools. Funny that he got no calls from lower level d1. In fact as time went on and he got more calls from d1 very few were from lower level schools. I bring this up because he never emailed lower level schools. So email contact is very important. Also, he went to only three individual college prospect camps. The rest he relied on showcases where there were many schools and club recruiting tournaments. When talking to coaches they seemed to have seen him at top recruiting showcases and club tournaments. I will say although he did get offers from many schools where he did not attend their prospect camp some of those schools asked why he never attended even though he was invited. My advise would be go to showcases where your target schools and many other coaches are at and only target a handful of individual camps. If he is not getting looks or calls you need to get to showcases where there are a lot of coaches to see him. If they like him they will either overlook that he did not go to the prospect camp or tell him to go to the prospect day at some point.

My son had an injury so unfortunately missed the entire summer. He is now completely recovered and is signed up for a few showcases this Fall. One of the showcases is invite only and there will be a lot of coaches in attendance. What is the protocol for these showcases, should he email the coaches of schools he’s interested in beforehand to ask them to give him a look? If he plays well is it possible that coaches he didn’t reach out to beforehand would reach out to him? How proactive do you need to be?

Also, are these school prospect days just a money grab or do colleges actually scout the kids who show up seriously? My son was invited to a couple of big showcases over the summer that he couldn’t attend and now he gets email blasts from tons of schools to attend their prospect days (I’m assuming they got his info from these showcases but I guess it could come from somewhere else).

Any legit feedback would be helpful since we’re from a non lacrosse hotbed and my son left his club team so we’re doing this a bit on our own (my son blamed the head coach for his injury during a meaningless spring scrimmage, whether it really was the coach’s fault or not doesn’t matter bc my son is convinced he wasn’t looking out for his best interests and wouldn’t play for him again).

What are the top showcases for the fall?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you even bother attending a camp or prospect day if the school-who you have sent film to and have touched base with at the appropriate times in the process (not being overbearing) has not peeped at your highlight video or even your profile?

I think the answer is yes but I would also be curious to hear what other think.

The D1 coaches are calling names from the top recruiting showcases. Most top schools are looking at videos but only interested in the big boys. D2 schools are interested in anybody, and D3 doesn't really care until year 2022.

There is no set answer and each kid takes a different path. For example, my older guy plays d1 and got many calls September 1 of his junior year. His calls ranged from top d1 to probably top 35 lacrosse schools. Funny that he got no calls from lower level d1. In fact as time went on and he got more calls from d1 very few were from lower level schools. I bring this up because he never emailed lower level schools. So email contact is very important. Also, he went to only three individual college prospect camps. The rest he relied on showcases where there were many schools and club recruiting tournaments. When talking to coaches they seemed to have seen him at top recruiting showcases and club tournaments. I will say although he did get offers from many schools where he did not attend their prospect camp some of those schools asked why he never attended even though he was invited. My advise would be go to showcases where your target schools and many other coaches are at and only target a handful of individual camps. If he is not getting looks or calls you need to get to showcases where there are a lot of coaches to see him. If they like him they will either overlook that he did not go to the prospect camp or tell him to go to the prospect day at some point.

My son had an injury so unfortunately missed the entire summer. He is now completely recovered and is signed up for a few showcases this Fall. One of the showcases is invite only and there will be a lot of coaches in attendance. What is the protocol for these showcases, should he email the coaches of schools he’s interested in beforehand to ask them to give him a look? If he plays well is it possible that coaches he didn’t reach out to beforehand would reach out to him? How proactive do you need to be?

Also, are these school prospect days just a money grab or do colleges actually scout the kids who show up seriously? My son was invited to a couple of big showcases over the summer that he couldn’t attend and now he gets email blasts from tons of schools to attend their prospect days (I’m assuming they got his info from these showcases but I guess it could come from somewhere else).

Any legit feedback would be helpful since we’re from a non lacrosse hotbed and my son left his club team so we’re doing this a bit on our own (my son blamed the head coach for his injury during a meaningless spring scrimmage, whether it really was the coach’s fault or not doesn’t matter bc my son is convinced he wasn’t looking out for his best interests and wouldn’t play for him again).

What are the top showcases for the fall?
Definitely not 91 they are all rigged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this has been quickest pace of recruiting I recall in some time. And that’s what is just recorded, has to be dozens more. Wow!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2023&league=1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this has been quickest pace of recruiting I recall in some time. And that’s what is just recorded, has to be dozens more. Wow!

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2023&league=1

Kids are from all over the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would definitely do research on showcases. Some are really good. However, it’s based on overall talent and then team placement. Worst is being an attackmen and your team loses every faceoff. I think there is more of a benefit to prospect days, as long as your expectations are honest. If your son is not in the top 75 players, think long and hard before signing up for an ACC or Big 10 prospect day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The November 7th showcase at Farmingdale College, does anyone know what colleges are attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The November 7th showcase at Farmingdale College, does anyone know what colleges are attending?

I don't know but I will say a coach told my son that it is important to really look closely at the showcase to see what players are going. For the 2023 class, because so many players have committed, very often the best don't go to the showcases but go tourneys instead. The coaches want to see the players versus the best and if they don't go to the showcase that can make it hard. So while coaches may be at a particular showcase, they may not be thrilled with the competition if committed players are not attending. I can't speak to the veracity of this comment across the board as it was told to my son from just one coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know but I will say a coach told my son that it is important to really look closely at the showcase to see what players are going. For the 2023 class, because so many players have committed, very often the best don't go to the showcases but go tourneys instead. The coaches want to see the players versus the best and if they don't go to the showcase that can make it hard. So while coaches may be at a particular showcase, they may not be thrilled with the competition if committed players are not attending. I can't speak to the veracity of this comment across the board as it was told to my son from just one coach.

There is also a PSAT being offered that day which may cut down on participation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is also a PSAT being offered that day which may cut down on participation.

And I think it’s run by the same guys that do the my state thing so any effort put into the kids or extra run whatever will be to the kids in their team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I think it’s hot or miss. My son went to 2, one was great, the other not so much

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You will here and get a lot of contradicting information. It’s not that people are wrong it’s what they experienced. I have 2 older kids and both recruiting experiences were different. I would look at the coaches attending if a school your son wants is there then go. Every chance he gets to play in front of the coaches of the schools he wants to attend is a good thing. He he will have a chance to meet them ans show what type of person and player he is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
November 7th is a Sunday and I believe PSAT's are given on Saturday. The Igloo showcase on November 6th is a premier event because, from what I understand AA pays very good money for the coaches to be there. The hope / expectation is that these coaches stick around for the team tournament on Sunday which is recruiting tournament only for 2023/2024 teams. This ticks the box for many LI teams that already have committed players since it is close to home and allows coaches to keep an eye on their recent commitments and for the uncommitted players to play against good competition. If your son is a great player then sign him up for the showcase on Saturday. If his team is not invited to the tournament on Sunday then ask your teams coach / director to reach out to coaches with teams in the tournament for a guest spot (if they will even allow that).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
November 7th is a Sunday and I believe PSAT's are given on Saturday. The Igloo showcase on November 6th is a premier event because, from what I understand AA pays very good money for the coaches to be there. The hope / expectation is that these coaches stick around for the team tournament on Sunday which is recruiting tournament only for 2023/2024 teams. This ticks the box for many LI teams that already have committed players since it is close to home and allows coaches to keep an eye on their recent commitments and for the uncommitted players to play against good competition. If your son is a great player then sign him up for the showcase on Saturday. If his team is not invited to the tournament on Sunday then ask your teams coach / director to reach out to coaches with teams in the tournament for a guest spot (if they will even allow that).

The 2023's play mid afternoon and into late Sunday night, do you really think these coaches are sticking around that late after being there all day Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great question and I do not have the answer. A big part of their job is recruiting and November is the last big push to see a lot of good players in one place so I hope they stick around. If you look at https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments?class=2023&league=1 there is still a lot of room at very good schools and that it just the D1 schools. There will be a several excellent D3 programs attending as well so I do hope they stick around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2023's play mid afternoon and into late Sunday night, do you really think these coaches are sticking around that late after being there all day Saturday.

I think they are going to stick around. Penn, BU, GT, JHU and a few other are pretty full on 2023s but many of these schools still need to complete their classes so I think they will stick around. But what do I know.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they are going to stick around. Penn, BU, GT, JHU and a few other are pretty full on 2023s but many of these schools still need to complete their classes so I think they will stick around. But what do I know.....

Is registration still open for the individual showcase on Saturday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a few low level D1's still looking for 2023's. Providence, Cleveland, Mercer, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a few low level D1's still looking for 2023's. Providence, Cleveland, Mercer, etc.

What is that suppose to mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a silly comment. If you look at inside lacrosse and the total number of commits that have been taken, thee are plenty of top spots available at top 20 schools. Just one example. Duke has no defenseman selected yet. I think they are a pretty good team. Also putting Providence with Cleveland State and Mercer shows the level of knowledge from this poster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a silly comment. If you look at inside lacrosse and the total number of commits that have been taken, thee are plenty of top spots available at top 20 schools. Just one example. Duke has no defenseman selected yet. I think they are a pretty good team. Also putting Providence with Cleveland State and Mercer shows the level of knowledge from this poster.

Come on now, you know Providence is at the bottom. Don't try to hype it up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023's play mid afternoon and into late Sunday night, do you really think these coaches are sticking around that late after being there all day Saturday.[/quote]

I think they are going to stick around. Penn, BU, GT, JHU and a few other are pretty full on 2023s but many of these schools still need to complete their classes so I think they will stick around. But what do I know.....[/quote]

Is registration still open for the individual showcase on Saturday?[/quote]

There's a few low level D1's still looking for 2023's. Providence, Cleveland, Mercer, etc.[/quote]

That's a silly comment. If you look at inside lacrosse and the total number of commits that have been taken, thee are plenty of top spots available at top 20 schools. Just one example. Duke has no defenseman selected yet. I think they are a pretty good team. Also putting Providence with Cleveland State and Mercer shows the level of knowledge from this poster.[/quote]

Come on now, you know Providence is at the bottom. Don't try to hype it up.[/quote]

About 300 2023 D1 commits announced. 70ish D1 teams x 10+ per class means there are still 400-500 spots left. Plus D2/D3/MCLA. Lots of good opportunity to play lacrosse in college

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can we find a list of what college coaches will be at the Fall Classic in Farmingdale this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think Duke doesn't already have their commits locked down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.
Every top program will still take 2023's if some emerge and they always do. If you take Top 100 lists from years past, look at how many never ever play. More than you think. The Prep schools get some early looks, and the the cream from the Public school rises to the top(Especially LI). Always have, always will. Notre Dame loves the Prep school, Chaminade/st Antony kids. How many Championships do they have? I would Take a Public school kid 7 days a week, before the way over rated Prep school Babies

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not about prep or private school babies. Some schools want to make sure the kids they bring on campus can do the school work. I am not saying the public school kids cannot but all schools on LI are not equal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.
Every top program will still take 2023's if some emerge and they always do. If you take Top 100 lists from years past, look at how many never ever play. More than you think. The Prep schools get some early looks, and the the cream from the Public school rises to the top(Especially LI). Always have, always will. Notre Dame loves the Prep school, Chaminade/st Antony kids. How many Championships do they have? I would Take a Public school kid 7 days a week, before the way over rated Prep school Babies

It will be fun to watch these commits who are going to the highest academic D1 schools and see what happens to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of coarse some great kids come out of prep schools. Very fine skilled players. Many are hold backs. That’s not a huge thing in public schools. On a whole the Public school kids are just tougher. Do not really count STA as prep school. If you got a check book you can get in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.

It will be fun to watch these commits who are going to the highest academic D1 schools and see what happens to them.[/

It will be fun I hope they all have success in the classroom and on the field. I wish them nothing but the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]If you anything about recruiting, every top 25 program locks down some so called 5/4/3 Star kids. They are also looking all the time after that to replace them.

It will be fun to watch these commits who are going to the highest academic D1 schools and see what happens to them.[/

It will be fun I hope they all have success in the classroom and on the field. I wish them nothing but the best.

More success in the classroom since they won't be seeing the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be fun I hope they all have success in the classroom and on the field. I wish them nothing but the best.[/quote]

More success in the classroom since they won't be seeing the field.[/quote]

Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school[/quote]

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.[/quote]

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.[/quote]

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school[/quote]

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.[/quote]

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.[/quote]

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.[/quote]

And you’ll be watching your grand kids because your son ran off with Sinamin, the stripper and baby mama of his 5th kid. All because you are a bitter never been d bag. My kid gets in to Harvard because of lax and never plays I’m good with that. PLL isnt the goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.[/quote]

Such nonsense, just more jealous and bitter drivel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such nonsense, just more jealous and bitter drivel.[/quote]

Shows that you haven't been through the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prep school babies??? what are you 12?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats nice way to put it.

A
Anonymous