BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, Someone is bitter that their kid didn't get recruited by a top school

People are oblivious. They think their kid is the next Rabil and smartest kid on the planet.[/quote]

So true. Hear it ALL the time, how great the kid does in school and on the field. Over the weekend, another father from the opposing team began with small talk, then the conversation changed to how great his kid was. It was the last game and I responded about 5 minutes into his speech, "You gotta be kidding me, if you are going to stand here and explain to a 60-year-old man how great your 17-year-old kid is.[/quote]

That kid will go to Harvard, not see the field, and then get indoctrinated into the woke culture. After college he won't be able to do any job other than coaching my grand kids lacrosse.[/quote]

Such nonsense, just more jealous and bitter drivel.[/quote]

Shows that you haven't been through the system.[/quote]

Lacrosse is so overrated. After it's all said and done post-H.S. no one is going to care what our kids did in H.S. let alone college.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Bandits dominant at IMLCA in Orlando against some very strong competition. LI made strong showing with S2S and an undermanned Team 91 Warrior Squad both preforming well. Great chance for uncommits to show college coaches what they can do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Bandits dominant at IMLCA in Orlando against some very strong competition. LI made strong showing with S2S and an undermanned Team 91 Warrior Squad both preforming well. Great chance for uncommits to show college coaches what they can do.

Bandit kids not recruited yet??? What's wrong with JS? He took care of his kids first?

Isn’t there like 13 or 14 Bandits committed? I’d say that’s very impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandit kids not recruited yet??? What's wrong with JS? He took care of his kids first?

Isn’t there like 13 or 14 Bandits committed? I’d say that’s very impressive.

Actually it's unimpressive for the supposed best team in America.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Things a little slow in the Huntington area today 🤔

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What LI club has the most commits for this grade?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking it up looks like
91 has 14 official commits but hear there’s another that’s been done awhile and deciding on PG or not

Express has 9 that I have found

Igloo has 8 comitted this is a surprisingly low number as that team is very talented
Think many kids are taking time as the Covid effect has hit scholarship dollars personally believe many 23’s will decide to go to a prep school for a year as roster are extremely flooded

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure where you got your facts from, but looking at Inside Lacrosse Recruiting Database https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Igloo+2023+Black+Diamond/3127/2022
looks like Igloo Black Diamond has 17 commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking it up looks like
91 has 14 official commits but hear there’s another that’s been done awhile and deciding on PG or not

Express has 9 that I have found

Igloo has 8 comitted this is a surprisingly low number as that team is very talented
Think many kids are taking time as the Covid effect has hit scholarship dollars personally believe many 23’s will decide to go to a prep school for a year as roster are extremely flooded

Looks like Shore 2 shore has done pretty well also. 11 on inside lacrosse site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 16 players committed! this is a fact!!! Going to Georgetown, Villinova, Army, Syracuse, Michigan, Navy, Lafayette, Harvard, Colgate, High Point, Bucknell, Vermont, Quinnipac, Yale, Hopkins

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo has 16 players committed! this is a fact!!! Going to Georgetown, Villinova, Army, Syracuse, Michigan, Navy, Lafayette, Harvard, Colgate, High Point, Bucknell, Vermont, Quinnipac, Yale, Hopkins

That’s great looks like LI kids are doing just fine. It doesn’t matter when it happens it just matters that it happens as far as comittment. It’s not a race kids need to just choose the right place and schools need to find players so sometimes the fit takes longer to develop happy for those kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have there been any commits from B teams in any of these organizations? I wonder if they are getting any help from their directors. And are we only praising D1 commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have there been any commits from B teams in any of these organizations? I wonder if they are getting any help from their directors. And are we only praising D1 commits?

91 warriors have 2 or 3 D1 committed players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of a kid that plays for a NLF team (not from LI) we rarely see or hear about Igloo. What a great list of college commitments!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the parent of a kid that plays for a NLF team (not from LI) we rarely see or hear about Igloo. What a great list of college commitments!!

Yes, the mystery is solved. Coaches will find good players and players with social media and YouTube can get to coaches easier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Warriors are tough!! They have some undersized players but they are tough kids and play hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 Warriors are tough!! They have some undersized players but they are tough kids and play hard.

BORING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BORING

In the grand scheme of things, what is it worth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BORING

Kids that are tough and play hard? In the grand scheme of things… a lot. A good education, a solid work ethic laid as a foundation which will help them not only at the next level, but in the corporate world in whichever industry they choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BORING

Kids that are tough and play hard? In the grand scheme of things… a lot. A good education, a solid work ethic laid as a foundation which will help them not only at the next level, but in the corporate world in whichever industry they choose.

Warriors are the red headed step child to Bandits and every other A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol - check your facts on that one - a number of kids listed were guest players for the igloo team at a tournament. Igloo once prided themselves as being a all LI only in house team. Now they take any and all to get a W. Sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what teams are going to the Stonybrook showcase on MLK day. I heard its in the bubble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What help has your club given or is giving to get your kid recruited? You don’t have to name the club if you don’t want. Just curious what clubs are doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol - check your facts on that one - a number of kids listed were guest players for the igloo team at a tournament. Igloo once prided themselves as being a all LI only in house team. Now they take any and all to get a W. Sad

Pretty sure 91, and Express have done this for years. Need to to be competitive. It’s about what good kids you can get to play for free to make the club look good at the expensive of the paying customers. Been like this for a long time!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the list of coaches for the MLK Showcase @ Stonybrook.
https://cblaxers.com/ny-showcase/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure 91, and Express have done this for years. Need to to be competitive. It’s about what good kids you can get to play for free to make the club look good at the expensive of the paying customers. Been like this for a long time!
It's actually about fielding a team that will allow all the boys to look and play their best to get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am disappointed in the help my sons B team is giving in terms of recruiting. Is there a place I can find upcoming showcases and tournaments? I am a single mom and this is my first kid so no clue how to find these things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am disappointed in the help my sons B team is giving in terms of recruiting. Is there a place I can find upcoming showcases and tournaments? I am a single mom and this is my first kid so no clue how to find these things.

Wacky lax....They do not have a lot of stuff posted right now but they will in the coming months. They have a page on their website dedicated to showcases and prospect days. it does not list all of them but each year they post a good amount. Beginners Lax also has a page on their website for prospect day and showcases. Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Contact the school coaches he is interested in. The coaches will let him know when they have prospect camps. He'll need to fill out a recruiting form on their website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Contact the school coaches he is interested in. The coaches will let him know when they have prospect camps. He'll need to fill out a recruiting form on their website.

First get really good highlights together, do not exceed 3 min. Put the best highlights first. And send that out with an engagement letter to every school your son is interested in and can play at. And catalog the responses and non responses from each email and plan showcases and prospect days accordingly. Keep the letter simple, intro, personal bio and reasons the school is on the short list of schools. Finish it off with good luck with the upcoming season, I look forward to meeting you and your coaching staff at upcoming prospect day and/or campus visit. Also include your summer tourney schedule and see which one they might be attending.

Good luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for the civil responses on where I should start!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the D3 Showcase Monday in CT could be cancelled due to weather? I emailed them and not getting a response. Weather looks crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know if the D3 Showcase Monday in CT could be cancelled due to weather? I emailed them and not getting a response. Weather looks crazy!

There is an indoor one in Jersey on Monday. Been there in the past with older son. Very well attended

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First get really good highlights together, do not exceed 3 min. Put the best highlights first. And send that out with an engagement letter to every school your son is interested in and can play at. And catalog the responses and non responses from each email and plan showcases and prospect days accordingly. Keep the letter simple, intro, personal bio and reasons the school is on the short list of schools. Finish it off with good luck with the upcoming season, I look forward to meeting you and your coaching staff at upcoming prospect day and/or campus visit. Also include your summer tourney schedule and see which one they might be attending.

Good luck

Do yourself a favor and zero in on the BEST SCHOOLS offering academics pertaining to the career field he has an interest in. For example, if he has an interest in becoming a pharmacist, why would you send him to a school with a strong business program, if he has no interest in business, just to play lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard their are some clubs running a 2022 varsity team is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think all clubs have a “varsity” team. Generally it’s 10-12th grade kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you all for the civil responses on where I should start!

And if there is a school he is really interested in, don’t wait.

Look up their lax program web site… right now is prospect day season! For example Maryland has theirs this weekend coming up…he may not be Maryland material, but you get the point.

So don’t wait….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express does not do this. the 2023 Haugen team has been together along time, the is no out of state kid on the team. All Long Island or NYC except for one Westchester kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express does not do this. the 2023 Haugen team has been together along time, the is no out of state kid on the team. All Long Island or NYC except for one Westchester kid.

And a lot of those kids are committed. So what’s better take that route and play mostly with kids or recruit from everywhere to ensure your team is best? Point is the premium on winning is above all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the point is to be on a team that attends the right events and is competitive. You don't want to be playing in the Long Ireland tournament, you want to be at Naptown or similar. Also, you to be on a team where you can be on field to be seen, no good to be on Igloo where a guest player comes in and takes your reps away. Winning is great, but playing competitively at the right tournaments is more important.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard