BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Lol. Love the birthdays on these kids.

Yup! Not as many holdbacks on LI

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These LI 2023’s are 2024 and 2025 pretty much everywhere else. No real surprise if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 showed why they are #1 - not even the combined igloo shore2shore team made it to the finals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’ve got more 22’s on LI in the 2023 class than you think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows the kid Inside lacrosse hires is all about Maryland and past few years as hard as he tried Long Island players were at the top three straight years. This year it was debatable and he did what he wanted. He goes to MIAA games in spring attends zero LI HS games so he enters summer knowing every MD kid yet pretends to know them all. Reason you are seeing so many different sites do rankings. LI kids are younger and better in the long run because of it

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows the kid Inside lacrosse hires is all about Maryland and past few years as hard as he tried Long Island players were at the top three straight years. This year it was debatable and he did what he wanted. He goes to MIAA games in spring attends zero LI HS games so he enters summer knowing every MD kid yet pretends to know them all. Reason you are seeing so many different sites do rankings. LI kids are younger and better in the long run because of it

the #1 2023 is a reclass who wanted to be #1 but the '22 #1 is so much better, but he should be a 21.. but whatever..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fairness he did go to the Chaminade v St Anthony’s game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as importantly, the Inside lacrosse 'kid' doesn't go to New England Prep games, where a huge percentage of top D1 players come from every single year. Kids from all over the country go to these boarding schools and play some of the best day schools like Brunswick. Anyone who is sitting in Maryland watching only those games all Spring is missing out on arguably the most competitive league in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just as importantly, the Inside lacrosse 'kid' doesn't go to New England Prep games, where a huge percentage of top D1 players come from every single year. Kids from all over the country go to these boarding schools and play some of the best day schools like Brunswick. Anyone who is sitting in Maryland watching only those games all Spring is missing out on arguably the most competitive league in the country.

Pretty much goes for everything these days. UA underclass is the best of the kids that try out. Not always the best in the country as they say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. I do club for a memorable high school experience. At top 30 teams in state you can’t just do Recand get playing time anymore in high school.

If they play in college that is on them to push themselves.

The top 100 players a year can get picked up from just playing and getting noticed. The rest of each year has to approach the schools and go to I’d camps.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does LILJ come up with there list, some of the names on the honorable mention never seen the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the #1 2023 is a reclass who wanted to be #1 but the '22 #1 is so much better, but he should be a 21.. but whatever..

Isn’t the #1 ‘22 a holdback too? It’s the 91 way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top 10 in a class are a reclass. Not all, but most

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top 10 in a class are a reclass. Not all, but most

That’s a shame. Sad that gaming the system has become the norm. Makes me even prouder of my boys for doing things the right way(not cheating) and going on to start and contribute on their high level HS and college teams. Integrity and character means something in my family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does LILJ come up with there list, some of the names on the honorable mention never seen the field.

Good question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Well the list is a long list. Seems like they pulled names out of a hat. There is one kid that reclassified to the 2024 year on there. He never played for his HS but is listed as attending that school Has been in prep school for a while now. Played this past year as 24. So obviously they just pulled names that they heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the good '23s going to commit??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On age 23’s? Not for awhile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question

Well the list is a long list. Seems like they pulled names out of a hat. There is one kid that reclassified to the 2024 year on there. He never played for his HS but is listed as attending that school Has been in prep school for a while now. Played this past year as 24. So obviously they just pulled names that they heard of.

My son's HS has two kids on the list, one was on JV all season and the other played maybe 15 minutes all year on varsity, meantime there was two all division players on the team not on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how 2023 kids are committing without going to Prospect camps?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best ones the first few weeks of school usually!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some kids have played in front of coaches multiple times already, hs/club coaches have vouched for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn’t the #1 ‘22 a holdback too? It’s the 91 way!

They will ignore this forever....LI kids are all younger and better off for it, except for the ones that are held back or reclass...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re delusional trying to push the narrative that all the LI kids are on age. They are not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top tier of kids heard from coaches on Sept 1- the first day of open recruiting, and will be committing in the next few days/weeks, after they make their choices after having official visits, as many of these kids are getting multiple offers. They have already been scouted during the HS season, and at summer tournaments, showcases and prospect days.

Some kids have played in front of coaches multiple times already, hs/club coaches have vouched for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top tier of kids heard from coaches on Sept 1- the first day of open recruiting, and will be committing in the next few days/weeks, after they make their choices after having official visits, as many of these kids are getting multiple offers. They have already been scouted during the HS season, and at summer tournaments, showcases and prospect days.

When they ask you to visit a school how likely is it they will offer a scholarship?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]Does anyone know how 2023 kids are committing without going to Prospect camps?

When they ask you to visit a school how likely is it they will offer a scholarship?[

For my older ones, it was a mix. My Daughter got offers from 2 schools she visited. They were both her top choices so she only visited those schools. She is also a great student My son was a little different. We visited 5 schools with him. Walked out with 2 offers. 2 of other 3 contacted him later with offers. 1 made no offer. He is not a great student. GRADES MATTER!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say offer you mean a spot on the team, correct? Not really scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say offer you mean a spot on the team, correct? Not really scholarship.

Both my kids got a spot and some money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I realize we are coming off a COVID year and some coaches still recruiting 2022's and its only been 2 weeks BUT I am very surprised at how few commits to date. Clearly this is going to be a long dragged out process even for the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I realize we are coming off a COVID year and some coaches still recruiting 2022's and its only been 2 weeks BUT I am very surprised at how few commits to date. Clearly this is going to be a long dragged out process even for the best.

S2S has announced at least 5 off one of their teams already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 sounds pretty aggressive considering that most of the top kids in the class are not committed yet....what schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was looking at a recruiting website and last year (not including the service academies) there were 74 commits compared to 36 for this year by today's date.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 sounds pretty aggressive considering that most of the top kids in the class are not committed yet....what schools?

I see 4, Dartmouth, Harvard, Navy, Syracuse, One 4 star non-committment...

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Shore+2+Shore+2023+OG%27s/6619/2021

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the owner's kid commit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have 4 committed as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's it? Well, I guess you need high grades to get in to most great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100%

Saying you won the World Series of Lacrosse, or am on the A team or AA team all means squat if you don’t have the grades for some of the top schools. That said, some of these rockstars will go D2 or D3 because that’s what makes sense for them. Kids on the B teams will actually get a chance to play in College (the horror). The full-ride doesn’t exist. So hopefully you saved and your kid studied. All the things you as parents stressed over being on the A team, being a starter means almost nothing anymore. The pool of talent is way bigger than LI. Congrats to those have committed and those that will. I hope they all pick schools that are right for their future. Lax will end. They will then need to be productive adults.

Sounds like a guy full of pre made excuses and btw buddy it is not a race to commit it is about the kid finding the fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent of a 2022. If your son is one of the best in the grade (mine is not), the grades do not matter. The coach will get him into the school. So do not worry. If you are a solid player and have amazing grades, your son is better off forgetting lacrosse and going to the best school he can academically. Otherwise he will be dumbing himself down just to play lacrosse, which can get taken away in a minute. Either an injury, coach change, world wide pandemic. Choose the beat fit foe your son.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard