BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to Boys 2023 (11th Graders) & Fall 2021/Summer 2022 season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-11th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info on FLG 2023’s ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thinking about joining FLG 2023
Anybody got some information on them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your thinking or you want you kid to tryout? Can't just join lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022's are starting to officially reclass. It will be interesting to see how many over the next few weeks who are committed reclass.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2022's are starting to officially reclass. It will be interesting to see how many over the next few weeks who are committed reclass.

Why would they reclass if they're already committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they don't like the schools they committed to, or they never committed to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they don't like the schools they committed to, or they never committed to begin with.

They know that they are not going to play right away, so they reclass and do a PG year. Come in a year older and ready to compete for play time. I know of 2 2021's that did this. I think its crazy, but now a couple of 2022's have done it. I hope this is Not a trend and these kids have ridiculously crazy parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the tryouts go for everyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some teams got better such as 24, and some got worse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG got worse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FLG got worse

Why do you say that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares at this point? Just play. If it can get you into a good school that’s great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg had a good run few years back. Everyone should know when it’s time to call it a day. Flg is done

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares at this point? Just play. If it can get you into a good school that’s great.

This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.

And what club was this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flg had a good run few years back. Everyone should know when it’s time to call it a day. Flg is done

Agreed, good run there boys teams are donzo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New conversation with a positive tone. 2023 is a strong class with many outstanding kids at traditional schools / clubs e.g. Chaminade, St. A, Manhasset, Team 91, Express, S2S, etc. (not intentionally missing other schools / programs). What is equally important and more impressive is other non-powerhouse schools and clubs are making an impact with kids being seriously looked at by top D1-3 programs. I have been to several tournaments and showcases this summer and there is a wealth of talent and so much less parent drama. Parents seem to get the joke that coaches are looking at everything now and they need to behave. It has been a exhausting but fun summer to watch my son play. Enjoy every moment because I have had parents with older kids say that you will miss it immensely when they are done. Best of luck to everyone and remember, there is a program (if he wants) for all of our boys whether it is club all the way to D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?
Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any good recruiting events to go to locally in the Fall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know about the 365 Showcase Team? Their site shows a lot of commitments but I haven’t seen them around but maybe that’s because they are attending top/invitational events and small….interested in doing in and wanted to get some feedback from anyone. Much thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give the kid a break and take him fishing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.[/quote]

And what club was this?[/quote]

S2S[/quote]

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.[/quote]

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?[/quote]
Yes[/quote]

And what club is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?

S2S

I was more alluding to the fact that it costs this much, and at this age there isn’t much movement so they had a good idea the roster would be set. All these guys are in it for the money. That’s almost $100k for the team. Oh but they paid for sports recruits website. Gee thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This! Be with a club that is going to help your son find a lax program that suits their needs d1 or otherwise. My sons club didn’t hold a tryout. Didn’t hose us for $75. They asked those that are serious to come back. They have laid out how they will help this year. Class act if you ask me.[/quote]

And what club was this?[/quote]

S2S[/quote]

That’s because they knew enough would come back to field a team. How many at this age had tryouts? Most importantly everyone brought back their checkbooks. And not for nothing but 4K a year is just plain notIntelligent. Shame on all of us.[/quote]

A club that knows enough will comeback is bad how? All I know is my kid has been with the same team for several years. He has had good coaching and a good all around travel lax experience. Is your kids club offering this year up for free?[/quote]

I was more alluding to the fact that it costs this much, and at this age there isn’t much movement so they had a good idea the roster would be set. All these guys are in it for the money. That’s almost $100k for the team. Oh but they paid for sports recruits website. Gee thanks.[/quote]

You still haven’t mentioned what team your kid plays for. All of these clubs are in it to make money. It’s a business like any other. If your kid is still in it as a rising junior you are hoping for a scholarship or extra merit money or helping them get into a school that maybe they wouldn’t have without lax. Nobody said you have to pay. People join these clubs on their own free will. And if your club is relying on recruiting sites alone then I feel sorry for you. What’s you are paying for us connections and exposure. Even without much movement some clubs held tryouts at this age and charged their current players for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team he is on is irrelevant. All I was saying was that it’s ridiculous how expensive it is and everyone is lining up for it. For “connections” etc. what team you are on, what level doesn’t matter. And my kid doesn’t even pay full price and it still boggles my mind. So your team (are you the S2s poster?) didn’t have tryouts but they knew they’d have a full roster. Great they saved everyone $100. They are still taking in a boatload of money. But at least they made people feel good about it. Not right or wrong. We’re all rowing in the same direction right? 1-2 more years of this right? Good luck to you and your kid. Hopefully it works out for everyone. Funny after this many years in it and now my youngest just started. Ugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what club was this?[/quote

I was more alluding to the fact that it costs this much, and at this age there isn’t much movement so they had a good idea the roster would be set. All these guys are in it for the money. That’s almost $100k for the team. Oh but they paid for sports recruits website. Gee thanks.[/quote]

You still haven’t mentioned what team your kid plays for. All of these clubs are in it to make money. It’s a business like any other. If your kid is still in it as a rising junior you are hoping for a scholarship or extra merit money or helping them get into a school that maybe they wouldn’t have without lax. Nobody said you have to pay. People join these clubs on their own free will. And if your club is relying on recruiting sites alone then I feel sorry for you. What’s you are paying for us connections and exposure. Even without much movement some clubs held tryouts at this age and charged their current players for it.[/quote]

A rational poster. Glad to see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team he is on is irrelevant. All I was saying was that it’s ridiculous how expensive it is and everyone is lining up for it. For “connections” etc. what team you are on, what level doesn’t matter. And my kid doesn’t even pay full price and it still boggles my mind. So your team (are you the S2s poster?) didn’t have tryouts but they knew they’d have a full roster. Great they saved everyone $100. They are still taking in a boatload of money. But at least they made people feel good about it. Not right or wrong. We’re all rowing in the same direction right? 1-2 more years of this right? Good luck to you and your kid. Hopefully it works out for everyone. Funny after this many years in it and now my youngest just started. Ugh.

I agree with you. Next summer is my kid's last year of this. He's is the youngest. Looking back now, my first two, one played college at a high level, the other didn't. The one that didn't, enjoyed himself 10x more than the one who played D1. Both graduated, live out of state, and are supporting themselves. The kicker is, my kid that played D1, plays on a local men's baseball club and enjoys every minute of it. My kid that played D3, plays golf during his free time. Neither had any interest in lax after college. Take lax for what it is worth, if you are wealthy, your kid can afford to fumble around with lax. If not, your kid needs to find a college offering course study he wants to pursue, putting lax second. Most importantly, neither one of my first two kids moved back home after college. Be careful what you wish for!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you. Next summer is my kid's last year of this. He's is the youngest. Looking back now, my first two, one played college at a high level, the other didn't. The one that didn't, enjoyed himself 10x more than the one who played D1. Both graduated, live out of state, and are supporting themselves. The kicker is, my kid that played D1, plays on a local men's baseball club and enjoys every minute of it. My kid that played D3, plays golf during his free time. Neither had any interest in lax after college. Take lax for what it is worth, if you are wealthy, your kid can afford to fumble around with lax. If not, your kid needs to find a college offering course study he wants to pursue, putting lax second. Most importantly, neither one of my first two kids moved back home after college. Be careful what you wish for!

Great post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions on the elite 8 tournament next week in Del. Are those really the top 8 -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they get better? Did they get some new players??
Do they have 1 team or 2 teams for the 2023’s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to those who committed already. I'm hearing quite a few committed to West Point and Annapolis today. God bless them and Good Luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions on the elite 8 tournament next week in Del. Are those really the top 8 -

Of course not, but that never stopped anything. Inside lacrosse and USClub lax rankings make zero sense and screw everything up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not with Connecticut Grizzlies and Jesters Black not going

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91,91 and 91!

A
Anonymous