A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick summary of the past week or so:

Parents of girls who made the team are happy.
Parents of girls who didn't are sad.

The system is not likely to change - time to move on.

You forgot #3. Those who don’t care about UA this year because it’s a waste of money and time. Hopefully the real UA will be back next summer!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax
Anonymous #309484 09/10/20 08:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are 2 showcases oct 12 Undisputed and downstate? both on long island which one is worth signing up for ? is one better than the other...do you think it will happen with coaches might having to quarantine?

In the past neither were great, this year getting to these might be critical if your in the recruiting age groups. NY, Ct, NJ coaches wont have an issue traveling to LI ( as long as the dead period is lifted ) Coaches from further away probably arent willing to quarantine, IF their home university even allows out of state travel.
In the end its another chance at film..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309485 09/10/20 08:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just like that Under Armour is out of luck. Last week they gave the date and location for the Northern Super Regional. Somehow they figured it would be a good idea to bring NY teams down to Maryland to play. Then a couple days later, NY added Maryland to the mandatory quarantine list. So all the players, parents, coaches would have to skip school, work etc... for two weeks when they get home. Not going to happen, especially when all the kids on the rosters are high profile and would stick out like a sore thumb if they tried to sneak back to school after attending. They would actually have to lie everyday to get admitted to school each day. I just don't understand why Under Armour can't set these games up in NY or at least the northeast where this stuff is not an issue. Can't imagine them running it in MD with the current ban, and if they do, I can't imagine people actually going, throwing two weeks of their life out the window. I expect they will be announcing alternative plans soon.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309487 09/10/20 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As it stands right now college coaches from 34 states would have to quarantine 2 weeks in NY before they could attend either of these showcases.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #309488 09/10/20 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw this in a player's Bio, Favorite subject, Scince? Is that a subject they teach for 50K/year at Friends?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309499 09/10/20 09:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just like that Under Armour is out of luck. Last week they gave the date and location for the Northern Super Regional. Somehow they figured it would be a good idea to bring NY teams down to Maryland to play. Then a couple days later, NY added Maryland to the mandatory quarantine list. So all the players, parents, coaches would have to skip school, work etc... for two weeks when they get home. Not going to happen, especially when all the kids on the rosters are high profile and would stick out like a sore thumb if they tried to sneak back to school after attending. They would actually have to lie everyday to get admitted to school each day. I just don't understand why Under Armour can't set these games up in NY or at least the northeast where this stuff is not an issue. Can't imagine them running it in MD with the current ban, and if they do, I can't imagine people actually going, throwing two weeks of their life out the window. I expect they will be announcing alternative plans soon.

If your in the state less than 24 hours there is no requirement to quarantine. just need to re-organize the schedule.. or make the drive twice..

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309527 09/10/20 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your in the state less than 24 hours there is no requirement to quarantine. just need to re-organize the schedule.. or make the drive twice..

Corrigan Sports just removed the scheduled date and location and put it back to TBD. So it looks like MD is out and they need to go back to the drawing board.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309537 09/10/20 04:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play in Westchester or Orange County (Upstate and LI ) drive home at night. Same thing on Sunday. New England can play and sleep in a hotel in Connecticut thereby not violating the 24 hour in state rule.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #309538 09/10/20 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the boys able to play all summer and the girls ( considered non contact ) couldn’t get a game in ?

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #309552 09/10/20 09:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the UA Call Back Academy ? Anyone have any real info or past experience ? Is it a thing or not worth it ? Thank you

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309559 09/11/20 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the boys able to play all summer and the girls ( considered non contact ) couldn’t get a game in ?
TRUE STORY

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #309583 09/11/20 11:39 AM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
J
Showcases...I saw the ad for the Undisputed Showcase on Columbus Day on the events page.

At what age/grade do players usually start attending them? Is it worth it for a freshman to attend one of those?

Like Reply Quote
JohnWick #309589 09/11/20 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick
Showcases...I saw the ad for the Undisputed Showcase on Columbus Day on the events page.

At what age/grade do players usually start attending them? Is it worth it for a freshman to attend one of those?

In order to get better you need to play...10,000 hours you know

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309590 09/11/20 01:33 PM
J
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
J
Originally Posted by JohnWick

In order to get better you need to play...10,000 hours you know

That doesn't answer my question, but thanks for the input. wink

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #309646 09/13/20 08:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the NCAA vote on dead period again. Can we assume another extension to 10/31 is coming soon? Will college coaches be able to attend anything this fall?

Like Reply Quote
Page 421 of 423 1 2 419 420 421 422 423
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard