BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 158 of 214 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey we all pay a ton of money for our daughters to play travel lacrosse. Why wouldn’t you make sure your club has representatives at every single event that has a tryout. I don’t care if it’s School Girls, Under Armour or Empire State (that’s for the old timers) this is why you have to know how your club will be advocating for your daughter. Makes no difference if it’s a tryout or a conversation with a college coach. Make sure your director will go the extra mile for your child. Now I know you will say it’s supposed to be impartial ? Listen.... they always get the top 10-12 studs right , it’s the next 10-12 spots that are up for grabs. This is where there are a lot of girls with the same talent level. So who do you take ,the one you have seen play all season or role the dice on a player, who maybe just maybe had a great tryout or the one you have a solid history of how they play all year long. It’s pretty simple ,hold your directors to giving you all they possibly can , or give your money to someone who will.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can’t have it both ways!
One post criticized Thorn for taking a player that she had moved to the B team calling her a hypocrite. Wouldn’t it be even worse if she did not take the players from her A team?

For all those calling “unfairness” out there, and one stunad actually saying that their “reputations” are not build up yet, go back to Lacrosse Magazine, Inside Lacrosse, Newsday, Back of the Cage and your own Varsity coaches because THEY keep picking the same girls. Fact-(almost) every attack or middle selected not only played on Varsity in 8th grade but also scored points (goal/assist) on the varsity level on LI. That means that the varsity coaches from West Babylon, Mt.Sinai, Comsowogue, BBP, Long Beach, North Shore, Friends Academy, etc. etc Chose these same girls. One had 41 pts in 8th grade LI varsity, one had 49 and one had 89 !!
You don’t think the reputations have been established? It is your own coaches who Helped them get established. How many points did your daughter put up in 8th grade varsity? Did she even make your towns’ varsity team before 9th grade?
The list of players on this Corrigan team have been the top of LI in every other evaluation for years, this one just follows the others, including your own HS coaches.

Talk about revising history. Check back a few pages and you will see the posts that state HS seasons mean nothing. So now you.... mr facts.... starts quoting HS stats. I guess your little bundle of joy scored a few points during meaningless HS games. We get it. You paid the YJ vig. You get to pump up little bundles bio. Congrats. Now.... go get your shine box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey we all pay a ton of money for our daughters to play travel lacrosse. Why wouldn’t you make sure your club has representatives at every single event that has a tryout. I don’t care if it’s School Girls, Under Armour or Empire State (that’s for the old timers) this is why you have to know how your club will be advocating for your daughter. Makes no difference if it’s a tryout or a conversation with a college coach. Make sure your director will go the extra mile for your child. Now I know you will say it’s supposed to be impartial ? Listen.... they always get the top 10-12 studs right , it’s the next 10-12 spots that are up for grabs. This is where there are a lot of girls with the same talent level. So who do you take ,the one you have seen play all season or role the dice on a player, who maybe just maybe had a great tryout or the one you have a solid history of how they play all year long. It’s pretty simple ,hold your directors to giving you all they possibly can , or give your money to someone who will.

This

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, I’m Mrs. Facts. Second, get your shine box is the most pathetic reply to any post, kind of like I know you are but what am I. Child. I never posted HS means nothing a few pages back, someone else. The stats in a meaningless game absolutely mean nothing. What means a whole bunch is that the post referred to girls from districts across LI that took them as 8th graders and they got to play, regardless of situation. Those are who were chosen for this Are those girls. Same ones picked for talent by varsity coaches across LI. If it is in your town or not does not matter. These girls have been selected by all who come across them. Some questionable after the first 18. Get your shine box, pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Vig ? I bet we pay less. $700 to be on YJ and $700 for tournaments. Winter indoor practice time costs are done team by team. YJ Vig? what a joke. You will grab at any reason your precious didn’t make it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]First, I’m Mrs. Facts. Second, get your shine box is the most pathetic reply to any post, kind of like I know you are but what am I. Child. I never posted HS means nothing a few pages back, someone else. The stats in a meaningless game absolutely mean nothing. What means a whole bunch is that the post referred to girls from districts across LI that took them as 8th graders and they got to play, regardless of situation. Those are who were chosen for this Are those girls. Same ones picked for talent by varsity coaches across LI. If it is in your town or not does not matter. These girls have been selected by all who come across them. Some questionable after the first 18. Get your shine box, pathetic.

Were any of the 5 Jesters that made UA on Varsity as 8th graders? Nope

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. LD who left TG and is one of the 5 Jesters certainly did. Know what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There will always be whining and complaining in this sport. Many of the parents are delusional and they will never accept that their daughter is not one of the "elite" players in her age group on Long Island. They bring up politics, complain about how the tryouts were not fair, you name it that blame it. It has been said before on this site... "if you want to know where your daughter stands, just look at the schools that make early offers". If a player is truly one of the top 20 - 30 players in her grade from Long Island she will more than likely receive several offers from Top 10 - 15 programs. Are there a few girls who are overlooked ? sure but not many. The best college programs do an excellent job at identifying the best players so when few or zero Top 10 Programs make offers it should tell you something. Can't speak to the current command team but over the years Under Armour / Corrigan has done a very good job at identifying talent and selecting many of the strongest players. The vast majority of the Top players from Long island will be very high on many of the Top College Coaches lists and they are the first ones offered spots at the best programs. Thats just the way it is and every year many of those players are the same players who are selected for The UA Team.

I have read on here that "many" of the players are "interchangeable"... How many is "many" ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First, I’m Mrs. Facts. Second, get your shine box is the most pathetic reply to any post, kind of like I know you are but what am I. Child. I never posted HS means nothing a few pages back, someone else. The stats in a meaningless game absolutely mean nothing. What means a whole bunch is that the post referred to girls from districts across LI that took them as 8th graders and they got to play, regardless of situation. Those are who were chosen for this Are those girls. Same ones picked for talent by varsity coaches across LI. If it is in your town or not does not matter. These girls have been selected by all who come across them. Some questionable after the first 18. Get your shine box, pathetic.

Ok mrs facts. You were team mom and were able to get your little bundle on varsity. Congrats. Now..... go get your knitting box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. LD who left TG and is one of the 5 Jesters certainly did. Know what you are talking about.
I can tell you 1000% that one of the Jesters girls was an 8th grade starter in varsity and it’s not LD!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. So you are 20% correct. No much for facts huh.....mrs facts. And who cares. I guess you are the WB team mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“One of them who certainly did” means there could be more. Here someone provided 1000% fact that there is another. Great. Only supports my point. Those chosen in 8th grade to make Varsity Across LI made this team. They Have created recognition already.
Now- Get my knitting box? Even more childish, antiquated and boorish! Child-stunad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top schools are picking up 2022 talent.... up to about 20 commits at the end of week 1

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments/girls?class=2022

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes for bethpage, they play in conference 4; do you realize how bad that lacrosse is???? sorry don't count. play conf 1 in nassau ,totally different story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. So you are 20% correct. No much for facts huh.....mrs facts. And who cares. I guess you are the WB team mom.

Team moms rock 👏🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top schools are picking up 2022 talent.... up to about 20 commits at the end of week 1

Many more in BOTC commitment section, twitter./Insta and sports recruits/connect lax sites.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]yes for bethpage, they play in conference 4; do you realize how bad that lacrosse is???? sorry don't count. play conf 1 in nassau ,totally different story[

Bethpage lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick summary of the past week or so:

Parents of girls who made the team are happy.
Parents of girls who didn't are sad.

The system is not likely to change - time to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are 2 showcases oct 12 Undisputed and downstate? both on long island which one is worth signing up for ? is one better than the other...do you think it will happen with coaches might having to quarantine?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Schools are taking less this year. Very stressful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick summary of the past week or so:

Parents of girls who made the team are happy.
Parents of girls who didn't are sad.

The system is not likely to change - time to move on.

You forgot #3. Those who don’t care about UA this year because it’s a waste of money and time. Hopefully the real UA will be back next summer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are 2 showcases oct 12 Undisputed and downstate? both on long island which one is worth signing up for ? is one better than the other...do you think it will happen with coaches might having to quarantine?

In the past neither were great, this year getting to these might be critical if your in the recruiting age groups. NY, Ct, NJ coaches wont have an issue traveling to LI ( as long as the dead period is lifted ) Coaches from further away probably arent willing to quarantine, IF their home university even allows out of state travel.
In the end its another chance at film..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just like that Under Armour is out of luck. Last week they gave the date and location for the Northern Super Regional. Somehow they figured it would be a good idea to bring NY teams down to Maryland to play. Then a couple days later, NY added Maryland to the mandatory quarantine list. So all the players, parents, coaches would have to skip school, work etc... for two weeks when they get home. Not going to happen, especially when all the kids on the rosters are high profile and would stick out like a sore thumb if they tried to sneak back to school after attending. They would actually have to lie everyday to get admitted to school each day. I just don't understand why Under Armour can't set these games up in NY or at least the northeast where this stuff is not an issue. Can't imagine them running it in MD with the current ban, and if they do, I can't imagine people actually going, throwing two weeks of their life out the window. I expect they will be announcing alternative plans soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As it stands right now college coaches from 34 states would have to quarantine 2 weeks in NY before they could attend either of these showcases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw this in a player's Bio, Favorite subject, Scince? Is that a subject they teach for 50K/year at Friends?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just like that Under Armour is out of luck. Last week they gave the date and location for the Northern Super Regional. Somehow they figured it would be a good idea to bring NY teams down to Maryland to play. Then a couple days later, NY added Maryland to the mandatory quarantine list. So all the players, parents, coaches would have to skip school, work etc... for two weeks when they get home. Not going to happen, especially when all the kids on the rosters are high profile and would stick out like a sore thumb if they tried to sneak back to school after attending. They would actually have to lie everyday to get admitted to school each day. I just don't understand why Under Armour can't set these games up in NY or at least the northeast where this stuff is not an issue. Can't imagine them running it in MD with the current ban, and if they do, I can't imagine people actually going, throwing two weeks of their life out the window. I expect they will be announcing alternative plans soon.

If your in the state less than 24 hours there is no requirement to quarantine. just need to re-organize the schedule.. or make the drive twice..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your in the state less than 24 hours there is no requirement to quarantine. just need to re-organize the schedule.. or make the drive twice..

Corrigan Sports just removed the scheduled date and location and put it back to TBD. So it looks like MD is out and they need to go back to the drawing board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Play in Westchester or Orange County (Upstate and LI ) drive home at night. Same thing on Sunday. New England can play and sleep in a hotel in Connecticut thereby not violating the 24 hour in state rule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the boys able to play all summer and the girls ( considered non contact ) couldn’t get a game in ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the UA Call Back Academy ? Anyone have any real info or past experience ? Is it a thing or not worth it ? Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the boys able to play all summer and the girls ( considered non contact ) couldn’t get a game in ?
TRUE STORY

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Showcases...I saw the ad for the Undisputed Showcase on Columbus Day on the events page.

At what age/grade do players usually start attending them? Is it worth it for a freshman to attend one of those?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JohnWick
Showcases...I saw the ad for the Undisputed Showcase on Columbus Day on the events page.

At what age/grade do players usually start attending them? Is it worth it for a freshman to attend one of those?

In order to get better you need to play...10,000 hours you know

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by JohnWick

In order to get better you need to play...10,000 hours you know

That doesn't answer my question, but thanks for the input. wink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the NCAA vote on dead period again. Can we assume another extension to 10/31 is coming soon? Will college coaches be able to attend anything this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will the NCAA vote on dead period again. Can we assume another extension to 10/31 is coming soon? Will college coaches be able to attend anything this fall?
For girls who didn't play this summer there is a big disadvantage. Many coaches don't need to see fall games, There are not many spots available with the 5th year option, and many girls committing faster than ever this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree on faster commitment's this year with no prospects days in site. Coaches are locking the girls in that were already on their radars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My understanding was that the NCAA was voting on the dead period today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 schools snapped up the top 50 players quickly in the first 2 weeks. Now the pace should be much slower for the next 3 months

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 schools snapped up the top 50 players quickly in the first 2 weeks. Now the pace should be much slower for the next 3 months

My opinion but, I think four to five 2022 recruits for most schools for this class. Lots of incumbents planning their 5th years already

Like Reply Quote
Page 158 of 214 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard