08/12/19 05:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
In theory, hard work, selflessness, and being humble is what all should strive for.

In practice, you can still do/be all those things, and things still won’t work out because of happenings off the field vs performance on the field.

Just a fact. And there’s is no denying it.

Very well said!!!
Seen it first hand numerous times. And yes my daughter was was contacted by a few top 10 teams.
Be happy you are on the inside looking out.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291073
08/12/19 09:42 PM
08/12/19 09:42 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And btw, not every one of those 18 girls were on that team by a political connection or a tie to something. Work hard, be humble, be selfless and amazing things can happen! Teach that to your daughter and along with their athletic ability they will go far and be liked. Teach them that they are always being slighted and they will become negative and unlikable and unfortunately turn out like you. Fact!

Very well said.

Yup! I cringed every time I saw a post about this U19 team on Twitter. Like a bunch of rich parents paying to hear that there average kids are doing great things. It’s a joke and everyone knows it. The majority of those girls will disappear in college. Fact!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291076
08/13/19 07:48 AM
08/13/19 07:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And btw, not every one of those 18 girls were on that team by a political connection or a tie to something. Work hard, be humble, be selfless and amazing things can happen! Teach that to your daughter and along with their athletic ability they will go far and be liked. Teach them that they are always being slighted and they will become negative and unlikable and unfortunately turn out like you. Fact!

Very well said.

Yup! I cringed every time I saw a post about this U19 team on Twitter. Like a bunch of rich parents paying to hear that there average kids are doing great things. It’s a joke and everyone knows it. The majority of those girls will disappear in college. Fact!

There you have it... another jealous hater.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291077
08/13/19 07:50 AM
08/13/19 07:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why follow US Lacrosse on twitter if you think it’s a joke. Jealousy is very ugly.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291078
08/13/19 07:53 AM
08/13/19 07:53 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh and I can buy you a t shirt if you’d like ?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291083
08/13/19 08:33 AM
08/13/19 08:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well said.

There you have it... another jealous hater.

I cringe every time an adult whose daughter didn't make a team goes on BOTC and mentions it. Just means their daughter is not as good as they think, but they think everyone else's daughter is average. It's comical and cringeworthy.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291089
08/13/19 09:29 AM
08/13/19 09:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is getting funny how comments on the lack of true competition turns into “hater”,”lost”, “jealousy”, “your kid must be average”, “my kid is humble and hard working...yours must not be”.....who are the real haters?

Plain and simple facts are the competition was at the level where HS teams in the Top 20-25
could of won that “world championship.” Not by an average score of 18-3 or whatever, but still would of won.
But let’s all be proud the US was just so special and so good playing against teams with players that couldn’t catch and throw with either hand. Grow the game.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291125
08/13/19 02:46 PM
08/13/19 02:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is getting funny how comments on the lack of true competition turns into “hater”,”lost”, “jealousy”, “your kid must be average”, “my kid is humble and hard working...yours must not be”.....who are the real haters?

Plain and simple facts are the competition was at the level where HS teams in the Top 20-25
could of won that “world championship.” Not by an average score of 18-3 or whatever, but still would of won.
But let’s all be proud the US was just so special and so good playing against teams with players that couldn’t catch and throw with either hand. Grow the game.

Why bother posting this drivel? What's the purpose? What are you trying to accomplish other than diminish the accomplishments of a young lady other than your own? Didn't your mom ever give you the golden advice," If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291128
08/13/19 03:37 PM
08/13/19 03:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why bother posting this drivel? What's the purpose? What are you trying to accomplish other than diminish the accomplishments of a young lady other than your own? Didn't your mom ever give you the golden advice," If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."

Exactly. Bitterness, jealousy and detest come out every time.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291132
08/13/19 03:43 PM
08/13/19 03:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team USA is a waste of time. It’s not a competitive event plain and simple. US Lacrosse should use the money they wasted on something nobody cares about (the only people watching were the parents), into helping underprivileged kids learn the sport. Would make a lot more sense.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291147
08/13/19 06:56 PM
08/13/19 06:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My mother gave me great advice, including what you quoted.

But above all - she told me to always tell and state the truth.

And that’s all that has been done. But apparently that infuriated some of the privileged insiders here. All I did was state an observation. But that has been interpreted into diminishing accomplishments.

Do you know what’s is drivel (nonsense for the uninformed)? Name calling, assumptions, and the utter lack of combating a single comment or statement with just one counter fact.

Those that played sports at a high level can relate to this old coaching advice “Don’t believe your press clippings, the tape doesn’t lie. “. And in this case all you have to do is watch the tape. It’s not lying.

It’s unfortunate that bitterness, name calling, detest and disgust come out - when all I’m doing is following my mothers advice “Always tell the truth.”

And isn’t comical people are getting worked up over a statement of truth from a couple of anonymous posters who see thru it all.
Which gives me a piece of advice I’ll share with you. “Sometimes, the truth hurts.”

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291148
08/13/19 07:11 PM
08/13/19 07:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team USA is a waste of time. It’s not a competitive event plain and simple. US Lacrosse should use the money they wasted on something nobody cares about (the only people watching were the parents), into helping underprivileged kids learn the sport. Would make a lot more sense.

Go watch any D1 game, only people there are the parents except for a few big games. ESPN won’t even show college lacrosse because cornhole is more popular. Just stay quiet and tell your less accomplished daughter you live her.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291153
08/13/19 09:36 PM
08/13/19 09:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, you are right. Let’s stop all sports all together because it all doesn’t matter anyway. My daughter didn’t make UA, it’s a joke. My daughter didn’t get All American , it’s politics. My daughter should be Middie!! Top 10 programs stink anyway, no one watches! Maybe your daughter just isn’t that good, did that ever cross your mind? I’m sure the 1st seat in Orchestra is fixed too. Keep telling your daughter she is getting slighted, that will do wonders for her in the real world. x7

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: B_O_T_C] #291155
08/14/19 03:52 AM
08/14/19 03:52 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the US was padding stats so badly then why are only 2 US girls listed in the top 15 in points in the entire tournament. I don’t think that was the case at all.

Name Team Goals Assists Points

1. Brazier, Shannon Elizabeth China 39 15 54
2. Park, Helen Louise Korea 31 14 45
3. Wurzburger, Caitlyn USA 21 19 40
4. Jimerson, Jalyn Haudenosaunee 26 13 39
5. Wang, Mya Wei Tin Hong Kong 29 4 33
6. Garlow, Lois Haudenosaunee 19 14 33
7. Ziegler, Zoe Xinlin China 22 9 31
8. Rodriquez-Shaw, Delaney Puerto Rico 24 5 29
9. Scane, Isabelle USA 21 8 29
10. Pansini, Natalia Puerto Rico 20 9 29
11. Lerner, Ariella Israel 23 5 28
12. Herrera, Isabella Germany 19 9 28
13. Kapting’ei, Susan Jepleting. Kenya 19 9 28
14. Edwards, Sandy China 17 11 28
15. Rothe, Ashleigh Lourdes Mexico 22 4 26

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #291164
08/14/19 06:44 AM
08/14/19 06:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My mother gave me great advice, including what you quoted.

But above all - she told me to always tell and state the truth.

And that’s all that has been done. But apparently that infuriated some of the privileged insiders here. All I did was state an observation. But that has been interpreted into diminishing accomplishments.

Do you know what’s is drivel (nonsense for the uninformed)? Name calling, assumptions, and the utter lack of combating a single comment or statement with just one counter fact.

Those that played sports at a high level can relate to this old coaching advice “Don’t believe your press clippings, the tape doesn’t lie. “. And in this case all you have to do is watch the tape. It’s not lying.

It’s unfortunate that bitterness, name calling, detest and disgust come out - when all I’m doing is following my mothers advice “Always tell the truth.”

And isn’t comical people are getting worked up over a statement of truth from a couple of anonymous posters who see thru it all.
Which gives me a piece of advice I’ll share with you. “Sometimes, the truth hurts.”

You’re mother should be ashamed of you. Just because your daughter didn’t make it is no reason to post nastiness. Just don’t. Just be a good person and let someone feel good about something. You’re a negative person who finds the bad in everything. Again, you’re mom should be embarrassed to have raised such a shallow person.

Reply Quote
Page 372 of 384 1 2 370 371 372 373 374 383 384
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification