Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:38 PM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:32 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:42 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,154
Posts341,775
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 605 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 604 605
Re: Boys High School
Anonymous #264208 06/05/18 06:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who was in charge of goalie evaluations? Heard that he based his decisions on warm ups......

Those spots were filled long before warm ups. But thank you for your $190.

Wasn't there but I know some of these kids... I heard about a couple of the Command (2021/2022) goalie call-back / no call-back outcomes and if what I heard is actually true then the above is untrue.

When your talent doesn't match your hype you are left behind in this kind of a thing.

Truly talented + up-and-coming move through regardless of pedigree and hype.

We will see after Wednesday.

True. My son tried out. Based on the players we know, we thought he was
Number 2 or 3 going in and this held up in the tryouts. He didn't even get a callback. Even though his coaches and other had him top 3, our realistic goal and hope was to at least make it to the call back. 2 of the callbacks are head sctratchers for sure. The one kid may have had the 8th best tryout but when the names of the callbacks are released, you will understand and be able to piece together why he got invited. The top 2 that SHOULD now make the team are excellent players and well deserving. I just hope it is those 2 who make the final roster.

I agree completely. It is not the top 6 goalies who made the call back game.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #264219 06/05/18 08:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Number 2 or 3 going in and this held up in the tryouts. He didn't even get a callback. Even though his coaches and other had him top 3, our realistic goal and hope was to at least make it to the call back. 2 of the callbacks are head sctratchers for sure. The one kid may have had the 8th best tryout but when the names of the callbacks are released, you will understand and be able to piece together why he got invited. The top 2 that SHOULD now make the team are excellent players and well deserving. I just hope it is those 2 who make the final roster.

I am curious to know how much playing time your goalie got this spring season.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264231 06/05/18 09:47 AM
F
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
F
Looking for 1 HS team for summer league either travel to club for info please email fsyouthlax@gmail.com

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264236 06/05/18 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of this makes any sense. Were you watching your son or were you watching everyone else on both fields? Did you jot down all the goalies numbers and rank them yourself? Just trying to figure out how you take the callback email with only numbers listed and figure out which ones were goalies, how many got called back and where they were in your personal rankings.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264245 06/05/18 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of this makes any sense. Were you watching your son or were you watching everyone else on both fields? Did you jot down all the goalies numbers and rank them yourself? Just trying to figure out how you take the callback email with only numbers listed and figure out which ones were goalies, how many got called back and where they were in your personal rankings.

Its no secret certain goalies have been and always will be protected at UA. The kids know who they are and those who cant be cut under any circumstances. It is what it is, you just have to decide if it makes sense for your son to try out based on your own situation.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #264251 06/05/18 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its no secret certain goalies have been and always will be protected at UA. The kids know who they are and those who cant be cut under any circumstances. It is what it is, you just have to decide if it makes sense for your son to try out based on your own situation.

I love the guys who think they know everything about the process. Give me a break. Goalies are not protected. Sorry your jersey number wasn’t listed.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264257 06/05/18 02:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly some kids / dads / coaches / boosters have felt or have been told that their favorite goalie is "the best" in the 2021-22 group and are now feeling salty and blaming the process. Scroll back a couple months and see which A conference bottom-feeder was popping of about their recruits and their JV goalie and you can connect the dots.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264259 06/05/18 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA tryouts have become non tryouts in many regions. If you are a good player and not connected, forget about making team. If you feel playing a bunch of games for 200 dollars is worth it. Then you should go.

Both dont fool yourself or wonder why you didnt make team. Only connected and a few others make the teams . Its a numbers game. There are only so many slots left after the connected players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264267 06/05/18 04:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, I decided to let his HS coach tell us the goalies who made it. Much easier. We all know each other and have competed against each other for years. The one kid who made it, his dad and I talked during tryouts. He was happy for the experience but he said he knew his son didn't even have a chance at a callback.

No big deal really. They are all great kids

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264286 06/05/18 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly some kids / dads / coaches / boosters have felt or have been told that their favorite goalie is "the best" in the 2021-22 group and are now feeling salty and blaming the process. Scroll back a couple months and see which A conference bottom-feeder was popping of about their recruits and their JV goalie and you can connect the dots.

this is a great post-

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #264293 06/05/18 10:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey. Spalding is gonna be great next year. Just you wait.

sorry, i couldn't find the sarcsm font.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264316 06/06/18 01:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won the JV Championship. They will make playoffs next season and then 3 straight titles after that.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #264325 06/06/18 03:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won the JV Championship. They will make playoffs next season and then 3 straight titles after that.

oh boy'
1st-win more than 2 games next year
2nd-make the playoffs
3rd-win a playoff game
4th-JV is not Varsity
5th- keep the dads on the other sideline
6th- keep the moms on the other sideline
7th- MIAA is not the same has club
8th- beat Serverna Park first
9th-buy a few more tuitions and maybe
10th-let the kids be kids and do it on their own-

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264328 06/06/18 04:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Lacrosse World:

Next year is the year we are going to be good.

Signed: Spalding

Dated: Every Year.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #264353 06/06/18 11:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who watched/attended the Baltimore highlight callback game? What did you think?

Like Reply Quote
Page 73 of 605 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 604 605
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard