Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 11:47 AM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 11:38 AM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 11:33 AM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 11:28 AM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 04/13/21 11:09 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,331
Posts287,816
Members2,274
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244059 09/21/17 10:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spoken like a true cheating Holdback parent... Loser. I'm sure you held them back because of the academic challenges the simpleton was having in school, or was it they socially couldn't handle it so they had to stay back, or was it your boy just couldn't keep up competitively on the field and play with his peers (Yeah, that sounds about right). Don't worry son you are GREAT just as long as you are playing with the little kids, and mommy and daddy will make sure of it. That's right that's real life. "If you can't compete just repeat." And Again, And Again. You'll get it son.


I swear, I have seen this exact text in multiple forums. Did you create a special clipboard item for it?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244068 09/21/17 10:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spoken like a true cheating Holdback parent... Loser. I'm sure you held them back because of the academic challenges the simpleton was having in school, or was it they socially couldn't handle it so they had to stay back, or was it your boy just couldn't keep up competitively on the field and play with his peers (Yeah, that sounds about right). Don't worry son you are GREAT just as long as you are playing with the little kids, and mommy and daddy will make sure of it. That's right that's real life. "If you can't compete just repeat." And Again, And Again. You'll get it son.


I swear, I have seen this exact text in multiple forums. Did you create a special clipboard item for it?



LOL!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
TM@BOTC #244133 09/21/17 02:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holding kids back works in athletics and academics.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244138 09/21/17 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Holding kids back works in athletics and academics.



Private schools have perfected holding kids back or doing a prefirst. There is no longer any stigma for doing this. Years ago anyone held back was looked on as lacking in something.

And along with hardly anything considered wrong now a days except being a white male. Holding back in public isnt looked down on either.

So you have no reason not to hold your child back?? There is no question that there is an advantage.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
TM@BOTC #244141 09/21/17 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But they have no true friends,

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244162 09/21/17 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you idiot....you obviously have no friends! Your son must hate you because you are suck a loser and can't understand why parents make a decision that will benefit their
child throughout their whole life. If you had done this for your child maybe he won't need to work at the 7-11 like you.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
TM@BOTC #244200 09/21/17 08:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey - if your kid can't compete on the field - why not hold em back. It's the Baltimore way.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244208 09/21/17 09:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
you idiot....you obviously have no friends! Your son must hate you because you are suck a loser and can't understand why parents make a decision that will benefit their
child throughout their whole life. If you had done this for your child maybe he won't need to work at the 7-11 like you.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
you idiot....you obviously have no friends! Your son must hate you because you are suck a loser and can't understand why parents make a decision that will benefit their
child throughout their whole life. If you had done this for your child maybe he won't need to work at the 7-11 like you.

My kid in top 20 D1 school, your kid is a 16 year old freak with no friends loser
,

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244210 09/21/17 09:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey - if your kid can't compete on the field - why not hold em back. It's the Baltimore way.


Not just Baltimore ...The Private Schools in DC area are loaded with holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
TM@BOTC #244223 09/21/17 10:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a tough one, it does make a lot of sense for some. Kids do grow late and opportunity may pass them by. My son is on grade (no pre-first) and was a little underpowered in 7th-8th grades. He plays for one of the NLF teams and was de facto playing up. It was challenging at times but he hit the wall and the gym and added 12 pounds between 9th and 10th and about 10 mph on both hands. We thought about it, but he was very competitive in the classroom and it made no sense at the time. I cannot judge because every case is different, it is certainly easier when cost is no object. The thing that does suck is when your kid who is playing a lot has a mediocre repeater drops down and take playing time from him.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Holdbacks
TM@BOTC #244241 09/22/17 05:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the end of early recruiting the dash to reclass is going to fade. Not to mention that youth lacrosse will eventually go enitirely age based despite what the holdback crowd thinks. The college coaches all know who the older kids are anyway - if your kid can handle himself playing against them even better.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244250 09/22/17 07:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a top 20 D 1 school you must be so proud.....if you're not in a top 10 D1 school you might as well be playing college club lacrosse. All my sons played on top 4 teams and they were all pre- first.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
TM@BOTC #244257 09/22/17 08:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a tool bragging about a top D20 program.....you need to get a life!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244258 09/22/17 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
a top 20 D 1 school you must be so proud.....if you're not in a top 10 D1 school you might as well be playing college club lacrosse. All my sons played on top 4 teams and they were all pre- first.

So all your sons are cheaters that's great,

Like Reply Quote
Re: Holdbacks
Anonymous #244261 09/22/17 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
a top 20 D 1 school you must be so proud.....if you're not in a top 10 D1 school you might as well be playing college club lacrosse. All my sons played on top 4 teams and they were all pre- first.

So all your sons are cheaters that's great,

Funny thing about hold back parents they all think there nothing wrong with it. But in all my years standing on side lines watching lax, i never heard a hold back parent say my kid is a year older or he repeated 8th grade. They all try to act like the kid is great an on age.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4