Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
The Lehigh Lax Fest & East Coast Showdown Registration Are Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 05:09 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 05:07 PM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 05:07 PM
17th Annual Fall Finale Classic
by BOTC_EVENTS - 02/25/21 05:04 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 05:03 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,267
Posts282,857
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 74 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 73 74
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #317946 12/28/20 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New Jersey had a full football season unlike most surrounding states. Our team is loaded with football players and hockey players. We had one tourney switch the date on us which created a conflict and then played in one midweek tournament over Veterans Day but played the 2025 bracket. Been grinding every week since August just haven’t had many 2026 games.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #318016 12/30/20 07:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New Jersey had a full football season unlike most surrounding states. Our team is loaded with football players and hockey players. We had one tourney switch the date on us which created a conflict and then played in one midweek tournament over Veterans Day but played the 2025 bracket. Been grinding every week since August just haven’t had many 2026 games.
Towermen are a good team. But how long will parents put up with being invisible on the tourney scene? Intrinsic problem of being part of a one-off team and not a club. Moreover, what is the plan for the towermen once they get to recruiting age? Are they going to be getting the best advise and support humanly possible to pursue the next level? Hopefully they will, but my guess is the bigger clubs are going to cherry pick the best players out of there with promises of college connections and D1 scholarships well before.

In a side note...using the term "Grinding" to describe youth lacrosse seems like something that would go down on the Maryland board. Let's not turn toxic like those clowns.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318906 01/19/21 05:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually they picked up two really good players from bbl and didn’t lose anyone. Lots of hockey and football kids so not much fall action other than practices

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318908 01/19/21 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually they picked up two really good players from bbl and didn’t lose anyone. Lots of hockey and football kids so not much fall action other than practices

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #318963 01/21/21 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think you are going to qualify you might want to have your boys put down their hockey sticks, Maryland teams are coming this year!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #318986 01/21/21 11:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think you are going to qualify you might want to have your boys put down their hockey sticks, Maryland teams are coming this year!

WSYL in MD...sounds like it's just another tourney now without the gimmick of flying out to Colorado for a family vacation. I guess you can stop at the inner harbor or maybe some filming locations from "The Wire". Other than that, no reason to go that heck hole. I'll cut to the chase. A Long Island team is gonna win it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319003 01/21/21 03:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL in MD...sounds like it's just another tourney now without the gimmick of flying out to Colorado for a family vacation. I guess you can stop at the inner harbor or maybe some filming locations from "The Wire". Other than that, no reason to go that heck hole. I'll cut to the chase. A Long Island team is gonna win it.

On the plus side, you don't have the expense of traveling to Colorado and, unlike many other local tournaments, you get to see a lot of other teams from across the county that would not normally attend a MD tournament, As far as a long island team winning, if that is your concern, probably best not to play in any high level tournaments at that age.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319036 01/22/21 10:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On the plus side, you don't have the expense of traveling to Colorado and, unlike many other local tournaments, you get to see a lot of other teams from across the county that would not normally attend a MD tournament, As far as a long island team winning, if that is your concern, probably best not to play in any high level tournaments at that age.

I only mean that the towermen kids involved in hockey should keep playing hockey in the winter (in contrast to the guy who said they should put down their sticks since MD teams are coming). Those kids will be much better served by playing multiple sports in middle school than worrying about who the competition is going to be at a weekend tourney down 95.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319043 01/22/21 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I only mean that the towermen kids involved in hockey should keep playing hockey in the winter (in contrast to the guy who said they should put down their sticks since MD teams are coming). Those kids will be much better served by playing multiple sports in middle school than worrying about who the competition is going to be at a weekend tourney down 95.

What is a Towerman?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319055 01/22/21 02:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a Towerman?

Great question. From what I gather, they were a top 20 '26 team pre-covid. There is only a '26 team, no other age groups in their organization. They didn't play in the fall because of football. They aren't playing in the winter because of hockey. They are looking to qualify for the WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #319061 01/22/21 03:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a Towerman?

Great question. From what I gather, they were a top 20 '26 team pre-covid. There is only a '26 team, no other age groups in their organization. They didn't play in the fall because of football. They aren't playing in the winter because of hockey. They are looking to qualify for the WSYL.

This is top notch BTC self promotion playbook, at least in 2011. 2021 not so much. Go talk to your team moms with this boring nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319069 01/22/21 06:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is a Towerman?

This is top notch BTC self promotion playbook, at least in 2011. 2021 not so much. Go talk to your team moms with this boring nonsense.

Can you explain what the "self promotion" was? and how it relates to 2011 and how it doesn't relate to 2021? What else should we talk about on BOTC? Cricket? Golf? Just let me know so I can recalibrate my talking points.

Like Reply Quote
TM@BOTC #319081 01/23/21 12:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a list of the NJ teams that are trying to qualify for the WSYL?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319084 01/23/21 01:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m a towermen parent. We are a not for profit 2025 team started by parents and have professional coaches (no parents). Mostly a north jersey all star team with kids from Ridgewood, Mtn Lakes, Summit, Maplewood, etc . They haven’t lost to a NJ in two years and play all the top AA teams every summer. Only lost to a few teams this past summer, hawks and Sweetlax and maybe one other. Beat Tigers, BBL, NJ express. Havent played LI Express yet. Lots of very strong and age appropriate multi sport athletes. Only 3 out of 24 don’t qualify age wise.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #319085 01/23/21 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I meant 2026 team. Typo

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 74 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 73 74