BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 72 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series aside, just look at the top 2024 D1 commits from NJ, mostly reclasses[/quote]

I'm not sure that's true. If you include Lawrenceville in the conversation, then yes there are a ton of older kids - many of them PGs from out of state. Schools with PG programs are a different story.

Taking a quick look at the non-Lawrenceville NJ commits on Inside Lacrosse it looks like most of them are on-age . . . but many don't put their birthdates so hard to get the full picture.

Half the D1 kids in NJ come from public schools so have to think most of those kids are not DMV-style holdbacks where they repeated the 8th grade somewhere - difficult to do that in public school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
World Series aside, just look at the top 2024 D1 commits from NJ, mostly reclasses

I'm not sure that's true. If you include Lawrenceville in the conversation, then yes there are a ton of older kids - many of them PGs from out of state. Schools with PG programs are a different story.

Taking a quick look at the non-Lawrenceville NJ commits on Inside Lacrosse it looks like most of them are on-age . . . but many don't put their birthdates so hard to get the full picture.

Half the D1 kids in NJ come from public schools so have to think most of those kids are not DMV-style holdbacks where they repeated the 8th grade somewhere - difficult to do that in public school.[/quote]

Many of the public school kids reclassed to 2024 when they didn't get the offers that they wanted as 2023s, they will finish high school with their peers and then do a PG year. Others have already transferred to prep schools. So yes, not holdbacks like MD, they are late reclasses.

Last edited by TM@BOTC; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder why there is not a New Jersey cup for youth and high school?

I think it would be a good thing to bring all NJ players to same tournament and battle it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it would be a good thing to bring all NJ players to same tournament and battle it out.

No offense, but you must be new to the forum...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see this happening in HS, but I don't think it's a fool idea for the youth programs in the state, especially programs not named Leading Edge and BBL.

They do this in other areas of the country - they have the HOCO spring league in MD for all of the club teams to battle it out.

Why wouldn't Patriot, Steps, Riot, Southshore, 2 Knights, NJLC, Jersey Express, etc want to do a Sunday afternoon spring league for club teams based in NJ?

It's an opportunity for the boys to spend more time with their club teams/coaches in the spring . . . and it's an opportunity for the clubs to make more money which is why it will happen eventually..

The problem is that once this happens, fewer and fewer elite kids will play for their rec teams and it will eventually turn into the soccer model - elite kids play on elite club teams only and rec is only kids that don't play club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see this happening in HS, but I don't think it's a fool idea for the youth programs in the state, especially programs not named Leading Edge and BBL.

They do this in other areas of the country - they have the HOCO spring league in MD for all of the club teams to battle it out.

Why wouldn't Patriot, Steps, Riot, Southshore, 2 Knights, NJLC, Jersey Express, etc want to do a Sunday afternoon spring league for club teams based in NJ?

It's an opportunity for the boys to spend more time with their club teams/coaches in the spring . . . and it's an opportunity for the clubs to make more money which is why it will happen eventually..

The problem is that once this happens, fewer and fewer elite kids will play for their rec teams and it will eventually turn into the soccer model - elite kids play on elite club teams only and rec is only kids that don't play club.

Notwithstanding the appetite of the clubs to actually set this up, many of the club coaches are coaching high school during the spring, while others are college players, so staffing may be an issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notwithstanding the appetite of the clubs to actually set this up, many of the club coaches are coaching high school during the spring, while others are college players, so staffing may be an issue.[/quote]

Fair point. Hawks, Crabs, Madlax, Next Level, FCA, etc have all figured out the model though. Not sure if they use fewer HS coaches and college players. Maybe they use more daddy coaches? Either way, there's too much money for the clubs to not explore this. HS and colleges are off on Sundays typically so it's not impossible if there's enough money to make it worthwhile.

Elite players in Summit, Westfield, Ridgewood, etc get better playing rec because they are playing with other elite players and typically have some good coaches.

Elite players not in those blue blood lax towns do not get better playing rec. They have fun with their buddies in rec, but the better coaching, better teammates, and better comp in club is where development accelerates.

Soccer went to this model a long time ago. You're seeing it in baseball now - elite kids play on a club team in the spring instead of rec. It will happen in lax before long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE get all of the TM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE get all of the TM?

Not even close.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Notwithstanding the appetite of the clubs to actually set this up, many of the club coaches are coaching high school during the spring, while others are college players, so staffing may be an issue.

i remember, i believe it was summer 2020 - patriot started a weekly "club" league. It was Patriot, Riot, STEPS and Thunder. was a fun thing to coach in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i remember, i believe it was summer 2020 - patriot started a weekly "club" league. It was Patriot, Riot, STEPS and Thunder. was a fun thing to coach in.[/quote]

That sounds like fun. How did they avoid tourney conflicts - were the games during the week? Where did they play and what age groups?

Thanks for sharing. This is my first time hearing about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i remember, i believe it was summer 2020 - patriot started a weekly "club" league. It was Patriot, Riot, STEPS and Thunder. was a fun thing to coach in.

That sounds like fun. How did they avoid tourney conflicts - were the games during the week? Where did they play and what age groups?

Thanks for sharing. This is my first time hearing about that.[/quote]

First off, that was summer, and keep in mind that summer 2020 lacrosse was very limited due to some states not allowing travel for youth sports, there were very few out-of-state options, so many teams played in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks for sharing. This is my first time hearing about that.[/quote]

yes, they were i believe tuesday nights at central park of morristown. it was only high school years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG or All-American? Any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG tryout is being run by LE coaches so don’t expect a whole lot of non LE players to make the teams. I heard that AA tryouts will have reps from various club teams so maybe that will be more of an actual all star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG or All-American? Any thoughts?

Nike is a national brand and the other is a boomer brand maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG tryout is being run by LE coaches so don’t expect a whole lot of non LE players to make the teams. I heard that AA tryouts will have reps from various club teams so maybe that will be more of an actual all star team.

No matter who is involved, it is always ends up that the clubs involved put their own kids on the teams, and if you rule out the LE kids that are only allowed to play for NASG, then the AA team is not really a true NJ all-star team. When LE left AA, the coaches that took over AA excluded a lot of top players (some of whom are now top tier D1 commits) due to politics, and placed several less qualified kids on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG is Nike.
All-American was Under Armour but is now New Balance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has a lot of input who makes the NJ AA team each year. They have recruited a lot of their players for their BBL Black team from those AA tryouts. Correct that LE players tryout for NASG and BBL only tryout for AA. Because LE coaches play a part in the NASG, and BBL Coaches play a part in the (NJ) AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL has a lot of input who makes the NJ AA team each year. They have recruited a lot of their players for their BBL Black team from those AA tryouts. Correct that LE players tryout for NASG and BBL only tryout for AA. Because LE coaches play a part in the NASG, and BBL Coaches play a part in the (NJ) AA.

Unfortunately, the animosity between the NJ clubs spills over into the selections for both teams. This has always been the case, and nothing will change so long as the clubs have a controlling interest. Many parents have fallen prey to the tryout fee only to find out later that there was absolutely no chance that their kid was going to make the team. Many top layer from NJ simply skip these events unless they are associated with the clubs running the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG is Nike.

True but last year lots of BBL players played NASG. All the NLF best is at NASG. College coaches for 2024 at NASG. Boomer shoes co not so much.NASG crept in and took the showcase world. How can you compete with Nike?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG is Nike.

True but last year lots of BBL players played NASG. All the NLF best is at NASG. College coaches for 2024 at NASG. Boomer shoes co not so much.NASG crept in and took the showcase world. How can you compete with Nike?

No argument that Nike is tough to compete with, but unless I am missing something, outside of shoes, what is the draw for Nike in the lacrosse market. I realize that it is the fastest growing sport, but they really have no connection to the sport. New Balance/Warrior is a much bigger player with equipment and cleats. Does Nike own one of the equipment companies?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG is Nike.

No argument that Nike is tough to compete with, but unless I am missing something, outside of shoes, what is the draw for Nike in the lacrosse market. I realize that it is the fastest growing sport, but they really have no connection to the sport. New Balance/Warrior is a much bigger player with equipment and cleats. Does Nike own one of the equipment companies?

Yes. STX.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NASG is Nike.

Yes. STX.

Not sure that is correct. I believe that STX may have produced some Nike branded equipment, but STX is owned by another company.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure that is correct. I believe that STX may have produced some Nike branded equipment, but STX is owned by another company.

STX is an independent company specializing in lacrosse, field hockey and ice hockey. They used to do golf as well but abandoned that a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then I guess that Nike simply wants its name associated with the sport despite having no real interest. Obviously, it is smart to be invested in such a popular sport, but to the extent an earlier poster believes that there is some type of cache to Nike in regards to lacrosse, and that NB is just a boomer brand, I would argue otherwise. Also, what that poster poster falsely insinuates is that, regardless of the sponsorship, the fact that NLF is connected with NASG somehow gives one kid an advantage over the other in regards to recruiting. Having gone through the process with a non-NLF club has made it very clear that your kid can get equal, if not more, exposure playing the larger national tournaments. The bottom line is, don't simply fall for the argument that Nike is at NLF, the NLF is the best, etc, I would rather that my kid were playing NAL, Crabfeast, Naptown, etc., how many times is a college coach going to attend NLF events during the same summer, you are more likely to get repeated exposure with the same coach playing in a wide variety of events. Either way, being "found" at a tournament is the exception, not the rule (more likely at the D3 level), find a prospect day or showcase that is attended by college programs that are comparable with your kids skill level and commitment. I suspect that the 2025 parents are anxiously awaiting the summer club tournaments, and the yet-to-be recruited 2024 parents are stressing out a bit, for the 2024 parents, have patience, if it is meant to be, it will happen, just keep your expectations realistic. Best of luck to those of you going through the recruiting process for the first time, I assure you that you will come out in the end with a much clearer perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on Great 8 tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were at Prime Time tournament and it was great competition. I did hear today that NJ Express and Towermen parents almost had a fight on the sideline during the finals? Let''s keep it classy Jersey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were at Prime Time tournament and it was great competition. I did hear today that NJ Express and Towermen parents almost had a fight on the sideline during the finals? Let''s keep it classy Jersey.

Details?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

Team with a rank of 49. From above, parents apparently like to jersey duke it out on fathers day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

A group that is soon called LE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

Towermen NJ express argument during quarter finals. Couple of hot head blow hards but nothing physical. Towermen lost in finals to Laxachusetts by 6 but beat a very good 2way team. No dog in this fight but people have been predicting towermen would disband for years and they seem to be able to keep it going pretty well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hockey dads running a lax team hoping for the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is Towerman?

Towermen NJ express argument during quarter finals. Couple of hot head blow hards but nothing physical. Towermen lost in finals to Laxachusetts by 6 but beat a very good 2way team. No dog in this fight but people have been predicting towermen would disband for years and they seem to be able to keep it going pretty well.
I hope Towermen survives. Leading Edge is screwing up north Jersey lacrosse. Destroying a team on the eve of their recruiting year. How many Towermen helmets at LE tryout? Over 5?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tri-State got destroyed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tri-State got destroyed
What year for Tri State? My son is trying out for the 26 team. He wants an AA Nj team that goes to big events but where he will get playing time. He is also trying out for BBL and LE but their defense is pretty set so tri state might be the best fit. But trying them all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 26 team. They aren’t doing well. Took kids who wrote in sonprob will make changes. But if your son doesn’t go to SHP I wouldn’t go there. LE snd BBL (black) prob already know who they want. Unless your son is top of the top hard to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 26 team. They aren’t doing well. Took kids who wrote in sonprob will make changes. But if your son doesn’t go to SHP I wouldn’t go there. LE snd BBL (black) prob already know who they want. Unless your son is top of the top hard to make.

Towermen, BBL, LE go to the AA tournaments that colleges go to. If you can’t make them, Tristate is a good back up because tri state at least goes to
AA events where college coaches are. If you are good college coaches will find you at these AA events. The A schedule clubs don’t go to these big recruiting tournaments events. You are being recruited not your team. Hope he makes LE. You don’t want to be on the second Attack or D line so choose a team where he will be seen when the college coaches are on the field. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great advice.
Get on a team that competes at a high level, but your son is on the field as much as possible. You don't have to win every game, you don't even have to be a 500 squad, but you need to compete at a high level to be seen, if that is your goal
Club rankings and win/loss don't matter, to great extent....and I don't know that most parents care. At the youth level its playing with buddies which is paramount, its fun.... at the high school level it can be that, but if the goal is play in college the above poster is spot on. and yes, good luck as well.

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 72 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard