Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:42 AM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:36 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,154
Posts341,775
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #238916 08/22/17 06:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Privacy
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s


Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.


There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)


Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.




If you consider winning by 1 then losing by three the next day "very well"? Let's see some consistency. Igloo lost two championships to TG this summer, that's not "very well". I would however agree that they did very well against YJ

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #238917 08/22/17 06:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Privacy
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s


Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.


There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)


Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.


Igloo pulled the plug on younger ages. Couldn't get enough interest to field teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Lilmo123 #238940 08/22/17 08:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that true with igloo?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #238949 08/22/17 09:03 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
U
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
U
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

But onto someone who actually had a reasonable response.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #238951 08/22/17 09:14 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
U
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
U
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
I don't care who beats who and when. It means nothing. TG lost to NXT 2023 and then Igloo beat NXT 2023 in the championship game in Virginia.

And I have no doubt that some TG parent is going to say that NXT is not a good team, but yet they lost and Igloo won. Does that make Igloo better than TG? No, but it makes for good competition.

I am going to crack up when the new organization Empire comes and beats them all!!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
unregistered #238958 08/22/17 10:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy
Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

But onto someone who actually had a reasonable response.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?



The only people who say wins mean nothing are the losers. Sorry!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
unregistered #238987 08/23/17 07:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Privacy]Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

But onto someone who actually had a reasonable response.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?

Forget Igloo they are a one club team dad coach only cares about his daughter. Empire is an upcoming team with a good coach and will be a very competitive team with an unbiased coach.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
unregistered #239078 08/23/17 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.


That is too funny! Nope - Maryland only has about 4500 travel teams, but, by next summer they'll be at 5000. There are so many teams in Maryland it's only the tip of the iceberg that people outside of Maryland see.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #239230 08/23/17 04:17 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
U
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
U
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
I was close, I said 5000

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #239233 08/23/17 04:24 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
U
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
U
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
unregistered #239265 08/23/17 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy
Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.



[lacrosse] bag, You did not win every Tournament 1st of all, because nobody has. And whether a game is an hour or a half hour. Somebody wins because they score more than the other team, and go home with a nice picture and tee shirt while the other team runs crying to their car. Life is like that.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
unregistered #239269 08/23/17 07:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Privacy]Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.

How did you do in the National Draw?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Anonymous #239288 08/23/17 08:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
U
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
U
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
Did you think of that all on your own? That you win by scoring more goals?? Holy [lacrosse]!!! No one ever told me that!!!! I think you need to go and tell people this because I think they would be shocked.

Thank g-d the Super Bowl wasn't only 3 quarters or Atlanta would be the champions.

You're a f**king moron. A 22 minute championship game is ridiculous. Any sane person would agree. So I understand why you can't grasp that concept.

Let me guess, you're a YJ parent? Wait I take that back, you must be a TG parent bc you're asking about National Draw. Either way, how did YJ or TG do at U.S. Nationals?

Dude, you need to stop being an [lacrosse]. You seem to be the [lacrosse] that comments on all the threads, bc it's impossible there are two of you morons saying the same [lacrosse]. Know your role and shut your trap.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Lilmo123 #239289 08/23/17 09:02 PM
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
U
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
U
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 56
I thought this thread was for everyone but YJ, TG and Liberty. Why are you here?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
unregistered #239295 08/23/17 09:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy
Did you think of that all on your own? That you win by scoring more goals?? Holy [lacrosse]!!! No one ever told me that!!!! I think you need to go and tell people this because I think they would be shocked.

Thank g-d the Super Bowl wasn't only 3 quarters or Atlanta would be the champions.

You're a f**king moron. A 22 minute championship game is ridiculous. Any sane person would agree. So I understand why you can't grasp that concept.

Let me guess, you're a YJ parent? Wait I take that back, you must be a TG parent bc you're asking about National Draw. Either way, how did YJ or TG do at U.S. Nationals?

Dude, you need to stop being an [lacrosse]. You seem to be the [lacrosse] that comments on all the threads, bc it's impossible there are two of you morons saying the same [lacrosse]. Know your role and shut your trap.




Still waiting to hear what team you play on where you never lost?? Both YJ and TG know what it takes to win a tournament. You need to show up at whatever format they throw at you and not make excuses. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. But you don't make excuses like you. Ya jackass! And I'm not the same poster.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4