Originally Posted by Anonymous
SCGL's All Stars are one of the oldest clubs in Suffolk County. They are a registered non-profit and the coaching is excellent. The costs are reasonable and they attend the big tourney's when the girls are in HS. The 2019 Team attended both the New England Cup and the Capitol Cup this summer. Carpooling for tournaments is common, as their are many families who have competing activities with their other children. The assistance with recruitment is one to one, and personalized for each girl. The head of the league meets individually with girls who are prospects and has done a fine job in his communications with college coaches. The emphasis has always been placed on securing a spot with the best fit college for your girl, as this can leverage the admission at top schools.

That was not my experience with this club. A couple years ago my daughter tried out. She did well at the tryout and we awaited a follow email stating whether she made the team as was told to us at the tryout. Nothing ever came. I followed up with the director and got no response. My daughter now plays for YJ Blue and couldn't be happier. I found the organization to be unprofessional. Any club that doesn't follow up a tryout with either a congratulations you made it or thanks for coming is a big problem to me