Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Privacy
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s

Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.

There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)

Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.

If you consider winning by 1 then losing by three the next day "very well"? Let's see some consistency. Igloo lost two championships to TG this summer, that's not "very well". I would however agree that they did very well against YJ