BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Starting this thread to discuss teams other than TG, Liberty, and YJ. When doing searches on teams not as well known, not much comes up. This recognizes not everyone may want to play for these top clubs and may be looking for a different well run organization with good coaching.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for starting this thread. Thoughts on Ninety One? Their tryouts were today and tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right my daughter can't travel because we have too many younger kids and can't make that sacrifice. Any decent options that stay on the island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only one I know of is Blaze. They practice in Nassau County and usually have combined grade teams. They play in mostly local tournaments. Probably similar to PAL play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played with express, although the numbers aren't huge the coaching is really good. A good option to get a lot of playing time and development.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are right my daughter can't travel because we have too many younger kids and can't make that sacrifice. Any decent options that stay on the island.

I think all of them will leave the island at one point or another during the summer. Either to New Jersey or New England. Another option to consider would be if she has a good friend playing for a club and maybe you can send her away with them for the weekend. Or if you have relatives playing with a club. This travel team tournament crap really does take up a lot of time and money during the summers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this post bc I have been curious as well. I live in Northern Westchester and see that majority of the teams mentioned are for the Island. Any thoughts for additional teams in Northern Westchester or Connecticut (near the NY border). Thank you,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are numerous other programs on the island for those looking. Bengals, Title 9, Ducks, Blaze, Bandits, Blue Devils, Empire, etc. you just have to look. Most of these stay on the Island for the most part. So If you don't have the ability to travel, these are options. Especially for the younger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is one in garden city that is usually competitive but the name escapes me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Medusa?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
medusa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the jesters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the jesters?

They're pretty good, but you must be from Pequa, or you're not playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Empire. They have a Suffolk County team and a Nassau County team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire Nassau is all Nassau HS coaches, new program, but we were happy playing for them last year and plan on playing again this year, coaching was great. Played most tourneys local, although I think the HS teams travel more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s

Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No longer.... the pequa connection is no longer at Jesters. Tryout nectvsujday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No longer.... the pequa connection is no longer at Jesters. Tryout nectvsujday

Where did she go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of mine has a daughter that played for Empires 2023 Nassau team (1st year for the team) they played in 6-7 tournaments from fall through the summer an 2 were away (Massachusetts and hers hey PA) I know they had tryouts this past weekend but I do believe they are holding tryouts again in September. They were a Suffolk team and this was the first year for a Nassau team the team did considerabley well being a first year team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this post bc I have been curious as well. I live in Northern Westchester and see that majority of the teams mentioned are for the Island. Any thoughts for additional teams in Northern Westchester or Connecticut (near the NY border). Thank you,

Westchester Elite and Prime Time Girls are both in the area

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCGL's All Stars are one of the oldest clubs in Suffolk County. They are a registered non-profit and the coaching is excellent. The costs are reasonable and they attend the big tourney's when the girls are in HS. The 2019 Team attended both the New England Cup and the Capitol Cup this summer. Carpooling for tournaments is common, as their are many families who have competing activities with their other children. The assistance with recruitment is one to one, and personalized for each girl. The head of the league meets individually with girls who are prospects and has done a fine job in his communications with college coaches. The emphasis has always been placed on securing a spot with the best fit college for your girl, as this can leverage the admission at top schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCGL's All Stars are one of the oldest clubs in Suffolk County. They are a registered non-profit and the coaching is excellent. The costs are reasonable and they attend the big tourney's when the girls are in HS. The 2019 Team attended both the New England Cup and the Capitol Cup this summer. Carpooling for tournaments is common, as their are many families who have competing activities with their other children. The assistance with recruitment is one to one, and personalized for each girl. The head of the league meets individually with girls who are prospects and has done a fine job in his communications with college coaches. The emphasis has always been placed on securing a spot with the best fit college for your girl, as this can leverage the admission at top schools.

That was not my experience with this club. A couple years ago my daughter tried out. She did well at the tryout and we awaited a follow email stating whether she made the team as was told to us at the tryout. Nothing ever came. I followed up with the director and got no response. My daughter now plays for YJ Blue and couldn't be happier. I found the organization to be unprofessional. Any club that doesn't follow up a tryout with either a congratulations you made it or thanks for coming is a big problem to me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ has some of the worst parent coaches around that only play girls they are either related to of are buddies with. A great way to squash your daughters interest. Be very careful there. (See 2023 thread)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Empire Nassau went to Massachusetts and Pennsylvania this summer. I think they did three local tournaments. They also did a winter tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A friend of mine has a daughter that played for Empires 2023 Nassau team (1st year for the team) they played in 6-7 tournaments from fall through the summer an 2 were away (Massachusetts and hers hey PA) I know they had tryouts this past weekend but I do believe they are holding tryouts again in September. They were a Suffolk team and this was the first year for a Nassau team the team did considerabley well being a first year team

I think their next tryouts are September 9th, if I'm not mistaken. They did very well for a 1st year team. Actually, they did very well in general. They had a big turnout for the tryouts this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.

There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Some, not all, of the parents on YJ are very difficult to deal with, especially if you're the opposing team. They are loud, rude and obnoxious. They abuse the refs. They abuse the opposing players. They make nasty comments about the opposing girls regardless of who hears them. You need to show a lot of restraint as an opposing team's parent. Worse than that, though, is how they speak to and treat their own children. Vile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy

There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)

Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.

If you consider winning by 1 then losing by three the next day "very well"? Let's see some consistency. Igloo lost two championships to TG this summer, that's not "very well". I would however agree that they did very well against YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo pulled the plug on younger ages. Couldn't get enough interest to field teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that true with igloo?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

But onto someone who actually had a reasonable response.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I don't care who beats who and when. It means nothing. TG lost to NXT 2023 and then Igloo beat NXT 2023 in the championship game in Virginia.

And I have no doubt that some TG parent is going to say that NXT is not a good team, but yet they lost and Igloo won. Does that make Igloo better than TG? No, but it makes for good competition.

I am going to crack up when the new organization Empire comes and beats them all!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?

The only people who say wins mean nothing are the losers. Sorry!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Privacy]Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

Forget Igloo they are a one club team dad coach only cares about his daughter. Empire is an upcoming team with a good coach and will be a very competitive team with an unbiased coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is too funny! Nope - Maryland only has about 4500 travel teams, but, by next summer they'll be at 5000. There are so many teams in Maryland it's only the tip of the iceberg that people outside of Maryland see.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was close, I said 5000

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard