@BackOfTheCAGE
Starting this thread to discuss teams other than TG, Liberty, and YJ. When doing searches on teams not as well known, not much comes up. This recognizes not everyone may want to play for these top clubs and may be looking for a different well run organization with good coaching.
Thanks for starting this thread. Thoughts on Ninety One? Their tryouts were today and tomorrow.
You are right my daughter can't travel because we have too many younger kids and can't make that sacrifice. Any decent options that stay on the island.
The only one I know of is Blaze. They practice in Nassau County and usually have combined grade teams. They play in mostly local tournaments. Probably similar to PAL play.
We played with express, although the numbers aren't huge the coaching is really good. A good option to get a lot of playing time and development.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are right my daughter can't travel because we have too many younger kids and can't make that sacrifice. Any decent options that stay on the island.

I think all of them will leave the island at one point or another during the summer. Either to New Jersey or New England. Another option to consider would be if she has a good friend playing for a club and maybe you can send her away with them for the weekend. Or if you have relatives playing with a club. This travel team tournament crap really does take up a lot of time and money during the summers.
Thank you for this post bc I have been curious as well. I live in Northern Westchester and see that majority of the teams mentioned are for the Island. Any thoughts for additional teams in Northern Westchester or Connecticut (near the NY border). Thank you,
There are numerous other programs on the island for those looking. Bengals, Title 9, Ducks, Blaze, Bandits, Blue Devils, Empire, etc. you just have to look. Most of these stay on the Island for the most part. So If you don't have the ability to travel, these are options. Especially for the younger kids.
There is one in garden city that is usually competitive but the name escapes me.
Medusa?
medusa
How are the jesters?
How are the jesters?

They're pretty good, but you must be from Pequa, or you're not playing.
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s
Empire. They have a Suffolk County team and a Nassau County team.
Empire Nassau is all Nassau HS coaches, new program, but we were happy playing for them last year and plan on playing again this year, coaching was great. Played most tourneys local, although I think the HS teams travel more
why would anyone want to play for a club on LI besides YJ, Liberty or TG? The other ones are not very good and have poor PAL parent coaching. Go with one of the top 3, its your safest bet and best use of $$$s

Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.
Exactly
No longer.... the pequa connection is no longer at Jesters. Tryout nectvsujday
No longer.... the pequa connection is no longer at Jesters. Tryout nectvsujday

Where did she go?
A friend of mine has a daughter that played for Empires 2023 Nassau team (1st year for the team) they played in 6-7 tournaments from fall through the summer an 2 were away (Massachusetts and hers hey PA) I know they had tryouts this past weekend but I do believe they are holding tryouts again in September. They were a Suffolk team and this was the first year for a Nassau team the team did considerabley well being a first year team
Thank you for this post bc I have been curious as well. I live in Northern Westchester and see that majority of the teams mentioned are for the Island. Any thoughts for additional teams in Northern Westchester or Connecticut (near the NY border). Thank you,

Westchester Elite and Prime Time Girls are both in the area
SCGL's All Stars are one of the oldest clubs in Suffolk County. They are a registered non-profit and the coaching is excellent. The costs are reasonable and they attend the big tourney's when the girls are in HS. The 2019 Team attended both the New England Cup and the Capitol Cup this summer. Carpooling for tournaments is common, as their are many families who have competing activities with their other children. The assistance with recruitment is one to one, and personalized for each girl. The head of the league meets individually with girls who are prospects and has done a fine job in his communications with college coaches. The emphasis has always been placed on securing a spot with the best fit college for your girl, as this can leverage the admission at top schools.
SCGL's All Stars are one of the oldest clubs in Suffolk County. They are a registered non-profit and the coaching is excellent. The costs are reasonable and they attend the big tourney's when the girls are in HS. The 2019 Team attended both the New England Cup and the Capitol Cup this summer. Carpooling for tournaments is common, as their are many families who have competing activities with their other children. The assistance with recruitment is one to one, and personalized for each girl. The head of the league meets individually with girls who are prospects and has done a fine job in his communications with college coaches. The emphasis has always been placed on securing a spot with the best fit college for your girl, as this can leverage the admission at top schools.

That was not my experience with this club. A couple years ago my daughter tried out. She did well at the tryout and we awaited a follow email stating whether she made the team as was told to us at the tryout. Nothing ever came. I followed up with the director and got no response. My daughter now plays for YJ Blue and couldn't be happier. I found the organization to be unprofessional. Any club that doesn't follow up a tryout with either a congratulations you made it or thanks for coming is a big problem to me
YJ has some of the worst parent coaches around that only play girls they are either related to of are buddies with. A great way to squash your daughters interest. Be very careful there. (See 2023 thread)
Empire Nassau went to Massachusetts and Pennsylvania this summer. I think they did three local tournaments. They also did a winter tournament.
A friend of mine has a daughter that played for Empires 2023 Nassau team (1st year for the team) they played in 6-7 tournaments from fall through the summer an 2 were away (Massachusetts and hers hey PA) I know they had tryouts this past weekend but I do believe they are holding tryouts again in September. They were a Suffolk team and this was the first year for a Nassau team the team did considerabley well being a first year team

I think their next tryouts are September 9th, if I'm not mistaken. They did very well for a 1st year team. Actually, they did very well in general. They had a big turnout for the tryouts this past weekend.

Your daughter needs to play and play often, that's why. These teams do not treat everyone fairly in terms of playing time. They will take your $$$, you are right about that. They put 23 + 2 goalies on many teams. Do the math - the 23rd girl plays one-fourth of every game. People on here say those girls aren't good. Not true. Very talented girls come to these clubs and don't get in. Didn't even mention politics. If you are not from the right town, or have a big sister in the program, that matters too. Go to a smaller club and play often. Your daughter's recruitment tape will have 15 minutes of highlights compared to less than 10 on the big clubs. It is hard to show your talent and help your team when you get in with 5 minutes left in the half.

There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)
Some, not all, of the parents on YJ are very difficult to deal with, especially if you're the opposing team. They are loud, rude and obnoxious. They abuse the refs. They abuse the opposing players. They make nasty comments about the opposing girls regardless of who hears them. You need to show a lot of restraint as an opposing team's parent. Worse than that, though, is how they speak to and treat their own children. Vile
Originally Posted by Privacy

There are teams other than TG, Liberty and YJ. I wouldn't even put Liberty in the top three. Igloo did very well against TG and YJ this summer.

FYI, most girls getting full rides or partial ride scholarships to D1, D2 and D3 stopped playing travel by 8th or 9th grade. If your daughter is good, it doesn't matter if she plays travel. Plus scouts can no longer contact parents or schools until the middle or end of 10th grade now. (I think it is 10th)

Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.

Good plug for igloo but really? NOT a top club, they have 1 good age. And have "0" commits.

If you consider winning by 1 then losing by three the next day "very well"? Let's see some consistency. Igloo lost two championships to TG this summer, that's not "very well". I would however agree that they did very well against YJ

Igloo pulled the plug on younger ages. Couldn't get enough interest to field teams.
Is that true with igloo?
Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

But onto someone who actually had a reasonable response.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?
I don't care who beats who and when. It means nothing. TG lost to NXT 2023 and then Igloo beat NXT 2023 in the championship game in Virginia.

And I have no doubt that some TG parent is going to say that NXT is not a good team, but yet they lost and Igloo won. Does that make Igloo better than TG? No, but it makes for good competition.

I am going to crack up when the new organization Empire comes and beats them all!!
Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

I don't know how many clubs any team has and nor do I care. There is a reason why Maryland teams are so competitive. And that reason would be that they don't have 5000 travel teams, unlike Long Island.

Lacrosse is like football "Any given Sunday". Igloo beats TG and then TG beats Igloo in the same tournament. The championship game at these tourneys was 22 minutes, literally. So that "win" means nothing. YJ lost to Igloo twice in Virginia. Does that mean YJ is bad?

To the guy who thinks I'm plugging Igloo: If you actually read what I wrote, you will see where I said Igloo is part of the top 3 on Long Island. I don't agree that Liberty is up there.

And what do you base your opinion on? What would Igloo or any team for that matter have to do to get on your "best of Long Island" list?

The only people who say wins mean nothing are the losers. Sorry!
[quote=Privacy]Why is there always one troll on these threads that are just ridiculously obnoxious. I have no reason to "plug" Igloo.

Forget Igloo they are a one club team dad coach only cares about his daughter. Empire is an upcoming team with a good coach and will be a very competitive team with an unbiased coach.

That is too funny! Nope - Maryland only has about 4500 travel teams, but, by next summer they'll be at 5000. There are so many teams in Maryland it's only the tip of the iceberg that people outside of Maryland see.
I was close, I said 5000
Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.
Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.

[lacrosse] bag, You did not win every Tournament 1st of all, because nobody has. And whether a game is an hour or a half hour. Somebody wins because they score more than the other team, and go home with a nice picture and tee shirt while the other team runs crying to their car. Life is like that.
[quote=Privacy]Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

How did you do in the National Draw?
Did you think of that all on your own? That you win by scoring more goals?? Holy [lacrosse]!!! No one ever told me that!!!! I think you need to go and tell people this because I think they would be shocked.

Thank g-d the Super Bowl wasn't only 3 quarters or Atlanta would be the champions.

You're a f**king moron. A 22 minute championship game is ridiculous. Any sane person would agree. So I understand why you can't grasp that concept.

Let me guess, you're a YJ parent? Wait I take that back, you must be a TG parent bc you're asking about National Draw. Either way, how did YJ or TG do at U.S. Nationals?

Dude, you need to stop being an [lacrosse]. You seem to be the [lacrosse] that comments on all the threads, bc it's impossible there are two of you morons saying the same [lacrosse]. Know your role and shut your trap.
I thought this thread was for everyone but YJ, TG and Liberty. Why are you here?
Did you think of that all on your own? That you win by scoring more goals?? Holy [lacrosse]!!! No one ever told me that!!!! I think you need to go and tell people this because I think they would be shocked.

Thank g-d the Super Bowl wasn't only 3 quarters or Atlanta would be the champions.

You're a f**king moron. A 22 minute championship game is ridiculous. Any sane person would agree. So I understand why you can't grasp that concept.

Let me guess, you're a YJ parent? Wait I take that back, you must be a TG parent bc you're asking about National Draw. Either way, how did YJ or TG do at U.S. Nationals?

Dude, you need to stop being an [lacrosse]. You seem to be the [lacrosse] that comments on all the threads, bc it's impossible there are two of you morons saying the same [lacrosse]. Know your role and shut your trap.

Still waiting to hear what team you play on where you never lost?? Both YJ and TG know what it takes to win a tournament. You need to show up at whatever format they throw at you and not make excuses. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. But you don't make excuses like you. Ya jackass! And I'm not the same poster.
You are such a [lacrosse]. How am I making excuses, donkey, they are not my teams so I don't give a flying [lacrosse]. Who won at US nationals? I'm pretty sure it wasn't YJ or TG.

I don't play on any team bc I'm not 11. You are also assuming that I'm on a girls team.

I think you meant poser.

And you never answered what team you played for. You would fit right into the YJ family of [lacrosse] parents on that team.

Maybe you're TG purple or YJ B team. That would explain your animosity.
You are such a [lacrosse]. How am I making excuses, donkey, they are not my teams so I don't give a flying [lacrosse]. Who won at US nationals? I'm pretty sure it wasn't YJ or TG.

I don't play on any team bc I'm not 11. You are also assuming that I'm on a girls team.

I think you meant poser.

And you never answered what team you played for. You would fit right into the YJ family of [lacrosse] parents on that team.

I feel sorry for you that you have to come on here making stuff up about an imaginary team that your daughter plays on and "never lost". Your jealousy is pretty clear. You just can't accept that teams like TG and YJ have won tournaments and beat top Maryland teams. Sad for you. But I have a tip: Lay off the booze and have a catch with your daughter.

I think you meant poser.

I feel sorry for you that you have to come on here making stuff up about an imaginary team that your daughter plays on and "never lost". Your jealousy is pretty clear. You just can't accept that teams like TG and YJ have won tournaments and beat top Maryland teams. Sad for you. But I have a tip: Lay off the booze and have a catch with your daughter.

This is all so entertaining. Yet, it could also foster some great philosophical debates with a sort of lacrosse theme.
For example - Should it really be considered a game if it's not technically a full game - what is a full game? Are their minimum minutes required in the US Lacrosse or FIL rulebooks? Kind of like the minimum innings for a baseball game. Or is it truly a game if the officials officiate and the coaches coach - then the coaches sign off on the score sheet at the end?
That debate is almost as good as the one about whether it's really a tournament if none of the top teams show up.
[quote=Privacy]I don't care who beats who and when. It means nothing. TG lost to NXT 2023 and then Igloo beat NXT 2023 in the championship game in Virginia.

And I have no doubt that some TG parent is going to say that NXT is not a good team, but yet they lost and Igloo won. Does that make Igloo better than TG? No, but it makes for good competition.

I am going to crack up when the new organization Empire comes and beats them all!!

Empire will be the team to beat. The coach will put us in competitive tournaments and this team will perform at a high level.

I think you meant poser.

This is all so entertaining. Yet, it could also foster some great philosophical debates with a sort of lacrosse theme.
For example - Should it really be considered a game if it's not technically a full game - what is a full game? Are their minimum minutes required in the US Lacrosse or FIL rulebooks? Kind of like the minimum innings for a baseball game. Or is it truly a game if the officials officiate and the coaches coach - then the coaches sign off on the score sheet at the end?
That debate is almost as good as the one about whether it's really a tournament if none of the top teams show up.

A game is a game. Similar thing happened to TG in Maryland.Summer Classic. They beat MD United in a full game and MD beat them for the championship the next day in a shortened game. TG also beat Igloo 2x to win National Draw. One was a full game, one shortened. YJ beat a number of good teams to win LFC in shortened games, they are still the winners of that tournament because they played better for the time they were on the field. It's still a game you dope. Not too hard to figure out. What's difficult to understand, is your obsession with shortened games. That's the way it is. Somebody wins, somebody loses. Get on with your life.
Wow I am sorry you had a negative experience. We got involved in 2012 and have had no issues other than positive. I'm happy that your daughter is on a team she enjoys - best of luck! Our tryouts are Sunday and the practice has been to email girls with a list of pinnie number denoting placement.
Maybe because we would like to get actual coaching and enjoy our experience. You obviously have not done your homework. Smaller club quality training
Wow I am sorry you had a negative experience. We got involved in 2012 and have had no issues other than positive. I'm happy that your daughter is on a team she enjoys - best of luck! Our tryouts are Sunday and the practice has been to email girls with a list of pinnie number denoting placement.
And yet, you still have not answered the question. You must be a democrat bc you have a tendency to deflect.

I'm not sure what language I should speak bc apparently you don't understand English. Ok so I will dumb it down for you.

I don't give a [lacrosse] of who beats whom when and where. I don't care if it is 5 minutes or 12 hours. Yes, a win is a win is a win. Not debating that. I was pointing out the fact there are others except YJ and TG and Liberty that are good teams.

I can go on all day. TG beats igloo 2x. Igloo beat TG one time. Igloo beat YJ 2x. Both YJ and TG lost at US nationals where igloo won.

So which team is your daughter on? YJ, TG or Igloo?

I will restate my point again so maybe you will stfu.

This thread is about teams OTHER THAN YJ, TG or liberty. Key word is OTHER THAN. So stop promoting your team.

This is exactly why YJ has a bad reputation and it has nothing to do with the kids.

These kids are [lacrosse] 11 & 12. You sound like you're trying to live vicariously through your child bc you were a failure growing up.

If the original person who posted this was smart, stay away from these teams and go to a team where the parents are not fighting about whose kid is better and who will get scouted. Go to a smaller club like Empire or Elevate. At least your daughter will have fun and you won't have to deal with the mental cases know as the parents of TG and YJ. Igloo is another choice.

And I will predict the trolls will bad mouth Elevate & Empire.
I wonder if Empire has ever beaten that Maryland club Rebels.
My daughter left Igloo to go to Empire just a better atmosphere for my daughter to develop.
And yet, you still have not answered the question. You must be a democrat bc you have a tendency to deflect.

I'm not sure what language I should speak bc apparently you don't understand English. Ok so I will dumb it down for you.

I don't give a [lacrosse] of who beats whom when and where. I don't care if it is 5 minutes or 12 hours. Yes, a win is a win is a win. Not debating that. I was pointing out the fact there are others except YJ and TG and Liberty that are good teams.

I can go on all day. TG beats igloo 2x. Igloo beat TG one time. Igloo beat YJ 2x. Both YJ and TG lost at US nationals where igloo won.

This thread is about teams OTHER THAN YJ, TG or liberty. Key word is OTHER THAN. So stop promoting your team.

This is exactly why YJ has a bad reputation and it has nothing to do with the kids.

These kids are [lacrosse] 11 & 12. You sound like you're trying to live vicariously through your child bc you were a failure growing up.

If the original person who posted this was smart, stay away from these teams and go to a team where the parents are not fighting about whose kid is better and who will get scouted. Go to a smaller club like Empire or Elevate. At least your daughter will have fun and you won't have to deal with the mental cases know as the parents of TG and YJ. Igloo is another choice.

All those other teams besides the top 3 are a joke...save your money.
YJ top club on Long Island if your knocking them anyone would understand your jealousy. When it comes to recruiting time you'll regret not playing there these small clubs can't compare to what YJ offers.

just do your research before you join elevate. not about wins and loses about money grabbing at every opportunity. other than that elevate is great
Does anybody know if Empire will have additional tryouts? What tournaments they plan on doing in the fall/summer? Thanks in advance.
YJ top club on Long Island if your knocking them anyone would understand your jealousy. When it comes to recruiting time you'll regret not playing there these small clubs can't compare to what YJ offers.

Only if your daughter is a starter for the blue team, otherwise they are grabbing your money as your daughter rides the bench and eventually gets "recruited " to a mediocre school with no money. If your daughter is a talented player and plays for a competitive team, she will be recruited, no need for YJ drama. Plenty of choices

Only if your daughter is a starter for the blue team, otherwise they are grabbing your money as your daughter rides the bench and eventually gets "recruited " to a mediocre school with no money. If your daughter is a talented player and plays for a competitive team, she will be recruited, no need for YJ drama. Plenty of choices

For goodness sake the name of this thread says "(other than TG, Liberty and YJ)". Some people will never consider going to YJ because of location, they are not centrally located and quite a hike for some. There are many reasons people do travel lacrosse and for some of it isn't about being on the best team. Some clubs who you may have never heard of can have great coaching, there are many that fly under the radar and never get mentioned here.

For those looking into lesser know B clubs, your best bet is really word of mouth from people local to you. Spend the money on the tryout and see how it is run and what you see as far as talent.

Does anybody know if Empire will have additional tryouts? What tournaments they plan on doing in the fall/summer? Thanks in advance.

Empire is having a second tryout on September 9 at SUNY Farmingdale, times haven't been announced yet but you can register on their website.
What a moronic statement. Tell your 11/12 year old not to play if not for one if the three " top" teams. Idiot. News flash- Not every quality player is on only those three teams. And really, they are 12.. not getting " recruited " at this age. If that's your life goal for your kid then you suck as a parent. What about good coaching, playing time to better their game? What about the enjoyment of great teammates and what they get out of playing a competitive sport? What if that very good 12 year old can become great bc they actually played? Maybe all they want is to be a great school player and have that experience. Because you are twisted don't sum up why others kids play or pretend you know why kids play for other teams.
Warped people.

When it comes to recruiting time if your counting on any club being this great advocate for you then you are sadly mistaken and will be very disappointed - especially with the new recruiting rules, club has been greatly diminished - go read a recent article by Dom Starsia saying that club has become an irrelevant waste of time under the new system. College camps and clinics are now the new "club" open your wallet to a new master!
ICON tryouts are 9/17 and 9/23.

When it comes to recruiting time if your counting on any club being this great advocate for you then you are sadly mistaken and will be very disappointed - especially with the new recruiting rules, club has been greatly diminished - go read a recent article by Dom Starsia saying that club has become an irrelevant waste of time under the new system. College camps and clinics are now the new "club" open your wallet to a new master!

Yup. Starsia definitely speaks for all the college coaches out there. Duke's coach seems to be the strongest advocate for PSA's attending camps instead of parents "wasting their money" on clubs. That's why she spearheaded the effort to pass the new rule. All these coaches want the girls going to their camps on their campuses. Spending parts of the summer trudging up and down I-95 and the turnpike has really gotten old with the coaches. It's so much nicer for them to just stay home with their families and run the camps. Of course they want the "no contact" to extend out to 09/01 junior year. This way they have you coming to their camps for at least 3 years. And not just summer camps - there are the fall clinics, the 7v7 tournaments, the fall clinics and whatever else they can dream up. It's a beautiful new world for the coaches - instead of girls shying away from a particular camp because they've heard that their particular class has already been filled - every summer until junior year - every college can draw in the 200+ dreamers since the race is still wide open. Pick your devil.
ICON is DONE. They Had there little run. They are just a money $$$$$$ grab. Very un organized. All PM cares about is the all mighty $$$$$$$$$$. Go with the YJ best organization, well run, good coaching. My kids are older now and if I did it all over again I would just go the the YJ. Forget about ICON, EMPIRE,TG.

Yup. Starsia definitely speaks for all the college coaches out there. Duke's coach seems to be the strongest advocate for PSA's attending camps instead of parents "wasting their money" on clubs. That's why she spearheaded the effort to pass the new rule. All these coaches want the girls going to their camps on their campuses. Spending parts of the summer trudging up and down I-95 and the turnpike has really gotten old with the coaches. It's so much nicer for them to just stay home with their families and run the camps. Of course they want the "no contact" to extend out to 09/01 junior year. This way they have you coming to their camps for at least 3 years. And not just summer camps - there are the fall clinics, the 7v7 tournaments, the fall clinics and whatever else they can dream up. It's a beautiful new world for the coaches - instead of girls shying away from a particular camp because they've heard that their particular class has already been filled - every summer until junior year - every college can draw in the 200+ dreamers since the race is still wide open. Pick your devil.

Dom Starsia is a man, not a "she". Also, he's a boy's coach. I also personally know a D1 boys coach who spends a lot of time over the summer at recruiting camps, who also feels travel will become obsolete in the equation. Having said that, he also isn't sure about the girls side of things, he can only speak about the boys side. Also, he isn't talking about all the clinics, 7v7 and camps that you are. He
is talking about specific recruiting events, some are invite only. It is isn't the summer instructional camp that most colleges have. Maybe you don't have a daughter in the circuit yet, but if you did, you would know the difference in the type of event he is talking about. So curb your sarcasm.

Having said that I feel badly that thread has been hijacked by people who sound like the TG, Liberty, YJ type. This thread was created for people who are looking for other options and aren't interested in the recruiting world. Believe it or not, people do this for more reasons than to get recruited. So stop talking about it here, you can go over to the TG, YJ and grad year threads and do it there with your own kind.
ICONN is very well run coaches are on top of things very organized they have many practices the girls bond well and the coaches teach- don't know why the negatives my daughter plays there and I haven't seen any negatives to the experience
ICON is DONE. They Had there little run. They are just a money $$$$$$ grab. Very un organized. All PM cares about is the all mighty $$$$$$$$$$. Go with the YJ best organization, well run, good coaching. My kids are older now and if I did it all over again I would just go the the YJ. Forget about ICON, EMPIRE,TG.

Reality is not every kid is playing to be recruited to a top school. There are many girls who have a true love of the game, but may not want to play at the collegiate level, based on course work, the intense schedule, and for what? They aren't going to play professional lacrosse. So YJ isn't for everyone, and not convenient for many coming from South Shore. I know people who thought they were horribly run, so it depends on coach and team dynamic. They are all money grabs.

I really think you are just a troll but I need to reply. You are flat out wrong about Icon. PM actually cares that the kids learn and makes sure any coach he uses understands and coaches to his philosophy. Once again, YJ and Icon are not even geographically close to each other...any one considering Icon wouldn't be looking at YJ.

I really think you are just a troll but I need to reply. You are flat out wrong about Icon. PM actually cares that the kids learn and makes sure any coach he uses understands and coaches to his philosophy. Once again, YJ and Icon are not even geographically close to each other...any one considering Icon wouldn't be looking at YJ.

I agree, just wish his tryouts weren't so late and his teams weren't mixed years.
They are a first year club, so I don't think they played anyone from Maryland.
I

I think September 9th.
I agree its a troll Empire is very well run as well. If your kids are older don't bad mouth clubs that you know nothing about.

Empire is having a second tryout on September 9 at SUNY Farmingdale, times haven't been announced yet but you can register on their website.

This summer they traveled to MA and PA. I think those were the only out of state ones. I think the rest were on LI. I also think they did a winter tournament. Not sure though.
ICON is definitely not a money grab. The coaching is great. Pat is all over the place stopping down occasionally to help with the teams he doesn't coach himself. He was at every indoor session at the Hub this Winter. Yes YJ is the best club , but not sure why you think it is a money grab. My daughter had a great experience. Loves the coaches, her teammates, and practicing at Adelphi.
What is wrong with these YJ people? Go away! We get it you are the greatest.. everyone else sucks., no one will ever get recruited anywhere else. Who cares if your kid loves the sport, their coach, their teammates.. if they don't play YJ waste of time. There is Nothing to see here- go back to your forum so the rest of us lowly uninformed people can speak.
They are so great , I don't think they need you nosing around in other peoples forums to promote them.
ICON is definitely not a money grab. The coaching is great. Pat is all over the place stopping down occasionally to help with the teams he doesn't coach himself. He was at every indoor session at the Hub this Winter. Yes YJ is the best club , but not sure why you think it is a money grab. My daughter had a great experience. Loves the coaches, her teammates, and practicing at Adelphi.

Nobody cares about your daughter, and YJ is not the best club. Others have already surpassed them with more to follow.

This summer they traveled to MA and PA. I think those were the only out of state ones. I think the rest were on LI. I also think they did a winter tournament. Not sure though.

Empire is owned by 90+1.....I guess they are trying to reinvent themselves as a girls only new start up......
Empire is NOT owned by 91. Why do you feel the need to start stupid rumors. Maybe I should say yellow jackets was created by Montauk High. Sounds stupid because it is and so are your false statements.
Empire is a Suffolk county organization who have been around for several years with both boys and girls teams. Empire is now spreading out and created a Nassau division for girls slowly taking over all of Long Island. They have nothing to do with 91. Why your trying to spread bad information is a joke. 91 already has boys and girls teams what would be the purpose of trying to hide under a different name to create a girls division. They already have one !!!

Empire is owned by 90+1.....I guess they are trying to reinvent themselves as a girls only new start up......

Not owned by 90+1, run separately and nothing to do with those guys, owned by Tom Rotanz, Harold drumm and Luke Daquino, empire Nassau girls Director and all Nassau coaches are all HS coaches in Nassau, unsure about Suffolk girls, but I believe she is as well, and the three owners run the Suffolk boys teams

The best girls are all leaving that program, they were at Igloo and TG tryouts along with the better Liberty girls.
Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.
Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Both owned by the same parent, Dynamic Sports. Google them. They also own Jesters and Beach Bums.
Empire is NOT owned by 91 ,don't go starting rumors. Empire has been around for years in Suffolk and last year expanded to Nassau. They have boys and girls teams

Nobody cares about your daughter, and YJ is not the best club. Others have already surpassed them with more to follow.

Said the Dad who's kid can't make YJ
Empire is NOT owned by 91 ,don't go starting rumors. Empire has been around for years in Suffolk and last year expanded to Nassau. They have boys and girls teams

They are both owned by Dynamic Sports Management. So correct 91 doesn't win them.

Both owned by the same parent, Dynamic Sports. Google them. They also own Jesters and Beach Bums.

Dynamic sports is the 91 company. Also, Empire, Ducks, My Lacrosse Tournaments, and several others.
So many variables when deciding which program is best other than the 3 mentioned by the OP... Travel schedule, cost, coaching, skill level per grade, location, friends on those teams etc... Many valid points on here about problems with some teams but just be aware that it may not be the case with other teams within that program.

Long Island has so much talent and the top skill level is no longer concentrated within one or two programs anymore. Other teams in no particular order:

Legacy
Igloo
Empire
Jesters
Title 9
Bandits
Beach Bums
fl$
Medusa
Fighting Ducks
Mama's Girls
Recon

I'm sure I missed some

[quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Dynamic sports is the 91 company. Also, Empire, Ducks, My Lacrosse Tournaments, and several others. [/quote

They are also trying to buy YJ
[quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Dynamic sports is the 91 company. Also, Empire, Ducks, My Lacrosse Tournaments, and several others. [/quote

If CR was smart she should sell and negotiate a big salary to stay on for a few years. The program is clearly slipping, enrollment is down and the younger ages are a disaster. The best talent is not flocking anymore and some who have been approached politely declined to move

That rumor surfaces every year. I'm sure they would enter negotiations if CR ever was going to sell. Only reason to sell would be if it got to big to manage, if it's shrinking she can still manage. It looks like lax is her life. Her kids are in college and she can probably retire from teaching in the next few years. So doubtful she would walk away from what seems to be central to her life outside her family which is lacrosse. I predict she makes a huge push to rebrand when she retires from teaching and takes over as the Hofstra coach.

If CR was smart she should sell and negotiate a big salary to stay on for a few years. The program is clearly slipping, enrollment is down and the younger ages are a disaster. The best talent is not flocking anymore and some who have been approached politely declined to move

Younger ages are a disaster? Maybe the 23s, yes. The 24s and the 25s are dominant on LI, there is nobody even close. Those teams also played very well against the big boys in MD (M&D and Skywalkers). Good try though.

Thanks for the response. I looked at the 2 programs and while they appear to be excellent they don't start until 4th and I think 6th grade grade. I am not interested with the "travel" aspect of the game right rather now just teaching and fostering the love of the game but if my daughter needs to travel we can figure that out. I looked at programs that have for 2027 and in Westchester came up with Tristate Team 91, 3D Tristate and House of Sports. Does anyone have any knowledge as to the instruction at young ages and these programs in general? thank you
They didn't do to well in MD

Younger ages are a disaster? Maybe the 23s, yes. The 24s and the 25s are dominant on LI, there is nobody even close. Those teams also played very well against the big boys in MD (M&D and Skywalkers). Good try though.

YJ still has the best long island team in the 2019, 2020, 2021 ,2024,2025. age groups not sure about the 2022 teams.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

YJ still has the best long island team in the 2019, 2020, 2021 ,2024,2025. age groups not sure about the 2022 teams.

If based on last summer the 2020 team was very average. Too many selfish superstars to succeed.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

If based on last summer the 2020 team was very average. Too many selfish superstars to succeed.

And the 2019s are the best on the island, you are correct. They are unfortunately a notch down off the island from previous iterations like the 2018s.
So far this has turning out to be the YJ forum. I thought this was setup for those looking at other options other than the usual (YJ, TG, ect) Can we please discuss the other teams around and how they are at developing the younger teams so maybe, just maybe a parent looking at this madness can come away with a little bit of information.

Thanks.
So far this has turning out to be the YJ forum. I thought this was setup for those looking at other options other than the usual (YJ, TG, ect) Can we please discuss the other teams around and how they are at developing the younger teams so maybe, just maybe a parent looking at this madness can come away with a little bit of information.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the YJ parents can't help themselves. They crave the attention.
Give it time to implode. It always does

"If based on last summer the 2020 team was very average. Too many selfish superstars to succeed."

You can base it on whatever you want they are still far and away the best 2020 team on long island, does not say much as TG at this age is B level and Liberty not very good either.

Thanks for the response. I looked at the 2 programs and while they appear to be excellent they don't start until 4th and I think 6th grade grade. I am not interested with the "travel" aspect of the game right rather now just teaching and fostering the love of the game but if my daughter needs to travel we can figure that out. I looked at programs that have for 2027 and in Westchester came up with Tristate Team 91, 3D Tristate and House of Sports. Does anyone have any knowledge as to the instruction at young ages and these programs in general? thank you

We all get it, YJ is awesome, they are the best blah blah blah. Is it possible to actually respond to the inquiries in this thread.

We all get it, YJ is awesome, they are the best blah blah blah. Is it possible to actually respond to the inquiries in this thread.

Talk to Cobra Kai

Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.

[/quote]
Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.[/quote]

CR will fix that once and for all this year and will become clear once the fall rosters are posted before tryouts. It will again be YJA and everyone else.

Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.[/quote]

CR will fix that once and for all this year and will become clear once the fall rosters are posted before tryouts. It will again be YJA and everyone else.
[/quote]

I doubt that highly...there will be no changes

[/quote]

And the only people that care about this nonsense are the people on the YJ thread, so go over there

[/quote]
Isn't what they said last year, CR will be the 2021 savior. We won't lose to Maryland teams anymore now that she is taking the team over. Now not only you lose to MD teams, you lost to an LI team. Sounds like your going backwards.

Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.

[/quote]

I doubt that highly...there will be no changes[/quote]

Wrong! Three new joining the team, the girls already know who they are....
What clubs are they From?

I doubt that highly...there will be no changes[/quote]

Wrong! Three new joining the team, the girls already know who they are....
[/quote]
Two things give me a break if you think this trifecta is gonna come in and make this team any better without creating havoc and tension
Secondly this forum is about teams other than... So stop screaming yj nonsense from the rooftops.
There are many good quality teams on li if you don't want to travel you will find a good fit. I think some folks here have made the case against the larger clubs

[/quote]were you beaten as a child or something? such low self esteem

[/quote]were you beaten as a child or something? such low self esteem
[/quote]

Haha, don't think so! That's what you said about the 2023 team last year and they got worse! Beat by two other LI teams now😂
So not true! You can pay $100 and put your daughter in front of a top coach for an all-day clinic. So, you can choose a smaller club, or a not-for-profit and receive more personalized attention,
So not true! You can pay $100 and put your daughter in front of a top coach for an all-day clinic. So, you can choose a smaller club, or a not-for-profit and receive more personalized attention,

Look, no one is denying YJ and TG are the top clubs on the island, they travel a lot and they represent the island well where they go, I see a lot of talk about the 2023 empire team on this thread, and personal experience, they're a great club, my daughter played on the 2021 team this past year and had a great experience. The coaches are both high school coaches without any kids on the team, we also have the director as one of our coaches and I personally find the instruction to be top notch. We have a great group of girls and parents who had fun at all of our tourneys. We've played for and followed this coach the past few years from his former club to empire and I have seen my daughter improve tremendously. The best part is she enjoys playing, going to practice and the tourneys, which makes me enjoy it so much more. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't matter what we all post on here, go to a program that you find is best for you and your daughter, there are plenty out there, especially on LI!

Look, no one is denying YJ and TG are the top clubs on the island, they travel a lot and they represent the island well where they go, I see a lot of talk about the 2023 empire team on this thread, and personal experience, they're a great club, my daughter played on the 2021 team this past year and had a great experience. The coaches are both high school coaches without any kids on the team, we also have the director as one of our coaches and I personally find the instruction to be top notch. We have a great group of girls and parents who had fun at all of our tourneys. We've played for and followed this coach the past few years from his former club to empire and I have seen my daughter improve tremendously. The best part is she enjoys playing, going to practice and the tourneys, which makes me enjoy it so much more. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't matter what we all post on here, go to a program that you find is best for you and your daughter, there are plenty out there, especially on LI!

Well said, great post and great advice.
if your daughter can play there will always be a place for her in college if that's her or your dream so don't stress. The best players on the lesser clubs always find a pretty nice home in college. That's something the YJ's, Liberty and TG's don't tell you. Now the top clubs do make it a little easier because they play the big events where the most coaches are but if you work hard reaching out to coaches you will be fine.

There are really very few exceptional players, most are just very good and colleges are always looking for kids. IMO its better to be on the field playing in crunch time then on the end of an A team bench.
if your daughter can play there will always be a place for her in college if that's her or your dream so don't stress. The best players on the lesser clubs always find a pretty nice home in college. That's something the YJ's, Liberty and TG's don't tell you. Now the top clubs do make it a little easier because they play the big events where the most coaches are but if you work hard reaching out to coaches you will be fine.

There are really very few exceptional players, most are just very good and colleges are always looking for kids. IMO its better to be on the field playing in crunch time then on the end of an A team bench.

Finally a normal person on this page!! Thank you, well said and couldn't agree more!

It's not just about recruiting. You get better playing with and against better players. The top clubs do, the other clubs don't. If you want to realize your most potential, it is more difficult at the weaker clubs.

It's not just about recruiting. You get better playing with and against better players. The top clubs do, the other clubs don't. If you want to realize your most potential, it is more difficult at the weaker clubs.

Very good point.
Do you really want to sit on the bench when recruiting years roll around? You do get better playing with better girls, but do the best girls always play on the elite teams? No they don't. Politics and the town you are from are rarely mentioned here - and they are huge factors on YJ and TG. The more elite the club, the more politics you have to deal with. SS won't even say hello to most of the girls at practice. Good luck with that when a recruiter asks TG about your kid.
You need to be on the field in close games. If a coach does come to watch and in a tight game you are on the bench what does that say? Id rather my kid be on the field even in a loss. Can't been seen on a bench especially a bench that has 25 kids!
You need to be on the field in close games. If a coach does come to watch and in a tight game you are on the bench what does that say? Id rather my kid be on the field even in a loss. Can't been seen on a bench especially a bench that has 25 kids!

How about when your kids on the field in a 15 goal loss? Still ok?
If the

Are they recruiting the team or your kid? College coaches don't give a rats [lacrosse] that the YJ's won the nationals only you do. Coaches want athletes. Speed, size, motor and mental toughness. You show those off by being on the field
If the

Are they recruiting the team or your kid? College coaches don't give a rats [lacrosse] that the YJ's won the nationals only you do. Coaches want athletes. Speed, size, motor and mental toughness. You show those off by being on the field

They want to see those things against top competition. The second tier clubs don't play top competition.
If the

Well you are right about the Nationals, because it isn't a real top level tournament. Almost none of the best clubs r there. Coaches also want stick skills. And size is overrated.
If you daughter is interested in playing at a division 1 school that is competitive lacrosse wise( top 20) then she should be playing YJ,TG, Liberty. You she is looking to just extend the lax season and keep her stick in her hand longer then these other clubs are the answer. Is what it is.Kids being recruited to competitive lacrosse schools from Long Island outside of those clubs and occasionally elevate are few and far between.
As someone mentioned, this thread is supposed to be about programs other than YJ, etc. All the points being made are valid but can we get honest opinions from people about other programs such as 91, Express, Jesters United, Outlaws (new), ICON and others w/o a comparison. What would be interesting to know is the quality of the coaching, amount of training, types of tournaments, etc.
If the

Well you are right about the Nationals, because it isn't a real top level tournament. Almost none of the best clubs r there. Coaches also want stick skills. And size is overrated.

Size is overrated according to small girls mommy!
If the

Size is overrated according to small girls mommy!

Size only matters if you lack speed or skills. You must have at least 2 out of 3 of....speed, size, stick skills. If you have all 3, you're golden. If you have 2 out of 3, you're fine. If you only have one, you're done.....no matter what club she plays for.
If you daughter is interested in playing at a division 1 school that is competitive lacrosse wise( top 20) then she should be playing YJ,TG, Liberty. You she is looking to just extend the lax season and keep her stick in her hand longer then these other clubs are the answer. Is what it is.Kids being recruited to competitive lacrosse schools from Long Island outside of those clubs and occasionally elevate are few and far between.

Elevate seems to pick up kids AFTER they commit but then promote them as if they committed through Elevate. I see that there are two recent 2019s added to their commit list who just joined during their most recent tryout (Holy Cross and UNC) and the kids have not played one game for Elevate. They committed when they were at Express and another club so they really didn't commit through Elevate. These kids committed 2 years ago before they joined. I think this is done by Elevate for marketing purposes?

AGAIN ABSOLUTE AND UTTER [lacrosse]! I picked two "lowly" all other lacrosse programs the Wave and Elevate and over the last 5 years they have multiple kids playing at these "top 20" schools - Stony brook, Northwestern, Boston College, Princeton, UNC, Hopkins, Penn, Syracuse, Towson, Albany and a few at D2 perennial winner Adelphi. It's about the player, don't believe the program hype! If your daughter can play she will be fine

Elevate seems to pick up kids AFTER they commit but then promote them as if they committed through Elevate. I see that there are two recent 2019s added to their commit list who just joined during their most recent tryout (Holy Cross and UNC) and the kids have not played one game for Elevate. They committed when they were at Express and another club so they really didn't commit through Elevate. These kids committed 2 years ago before they joined. I think this is done by Elevate for marketing purposes?

And YJ's don't poach 7th, 8th, 9th graders after they already have all their skills and take credit for the whole commitment? Gimmie a break. YJ's have been doing this for years
91 does attend pretty decent tournaments along side liberty but field placement is everything. What's the point of hitting Disney and spending all that money to be an hour away from ESPN at a venue no one would go to. Such a money grab. With that there were tons of recruiters FRiday and Sat, not many Sunday, and most at ESPN.

AGAIN ABSOLUTE AND UTTER [lacrosse]! I picked two "lowly" all other lacrosse programs the Wave and Elevate and over the last 5
years they have multiple kids playing at these "top 20" schools - Stony brook, Northwestern, Boston College, Princeton, UNC, Hopkins, Penn, Syracuse, Towson, Albany and a few at D2 perennial winner Adelphi. It's about the player, don't believe the program hype! If your daughter can play she will be fine

You are truly clueless , the last wave player to commit to a top 20 program was in 2013 .

That rumor surfaces every year. I'm sure they would enter negotiations if CR ever was going to sell. Only reason to sell would be if it got to big to manage, if it's shrinking she can still manage. It looks like lax is her life. Her kids are in college and she can probably retire from teaching in the next few years. So doubtful she would walk away from what seems to be central to her life outside her family which is lacrosse. I predict she makes a huge push to rebrand when she retires from teaching and takes over as the Hofstra coach.

Look at the YJ coaches for 2018.
2023 - 90+1 former coach
2024 - 90+1 former coach
2025 - Spalina

hmmm.........
I disagree, I think those are 2 completely different situations. Kids joining YJ in 7th and 8th grade and YJ helping them get recruited is different than what Elevate is doing which is picking up kids in 11th grade who haven't played a game for them yet who have ALREADY been recruited and then posting it on their website as if they were recruited through elevate when they were really recruited 2 years ago with another club. Not even in same category IMO. No?

AGAIN ABSOLUTE AND UTTER [lacrosse]! I picked two "lowly" all other lacrosse programs the Wave and Elevate and over the last 5
years they have multiple kids playing at these "top 20" schools - Stony brook, Northwestern, Boston College, Princeton, UNC, Hopkins, Penn, Syracuse, Towson, Albany and a few at D2 perennial winner Adelphi. It's about the player, don't believe the program hype! If your daughter can play she will be fine

You are truly clueless , the last wave player to commit to a top 20 program was in 2013 .

parents can go to both websites and see for themselves. If your daughter can play those clubs wont stop you from getting to a good school . Do you drink sweetened or unsweetened kool aid?

parents can go to both websites and see for themselves. If your daughter can play those clubs wont stop you from getting to a good school . Do you drink sweetened or unsweetened kool aid?

Your 'kool aid" line is played out. You've used it too many times on too many threads. Time to get up from your computer and get some air.

Big money on the north shore...no problem paying the full freight and throwing in extra to get the deal done.

And YJ's don't poach 7th, 8th, 9th graders after they already have all their skills and take credit for the whole commitment? Gimmie a break. YJ's have been doing this for years

All the marketing in the world wasn't helping that elevate 2019 blue team from getting beat by 15-20 goals by TG,Liberty and YJ. They really could have used these 2 commits the last few years.

years they have multiple kids playing at these "top 20" schools -
Stony brook, Northwestern, Boston College, Princeton, UNC, Hopkins, Penn, Syracuse, Towson, Albany and a few at D2 perennial winner Adelphi. It's about the player, don't believe the program hype! If your daughter can play she will be fine

Why make it so easy to make you look like a fool. What top 20 school has a wave kid committed to in the last several years . Wave is a PAL team , no big deal , is what it is and you save a lot of time not traveling to Maryland . Don't make it out to be more than it is .
Saying that you have to play for YJ or TG to go to D1 is beyond foolish. If they each have two full teams of 24 girls that get recruited, that would mean 98 girls in total. Is that the total amount playing D1 lacrosse from Long Island? I think not. How about the smart girls who don't need athletic money? More options out there for them too.
Saying that you have to play for YJ or TG to go to D1 is beyond foolish. If they each have two full teams of 24 girls that get recruited, that would mean 98 girls in total. Is that the total amount playing D1 lacrosse from Long Island? I think not. How about the smart girls who don't need athletic money? More options out there for them too.

couldn't agree more YJ make it easier but good players get recruited from everywhere

Don't even engage either the idiot. You know the truth, they are probably justifying in mind the missteps they have made by sticking with YJ on their lower their teams.
A 2015 grad from NC, 2017 grad from Towson and a 2017 grad from northwestern, and that's just off the top of my head. Not to mention a few D2 All Americans in the past 4 years. Do your home work before you spout off.
The graduates I've posted along with the D2 all Americans are all former wave Girls. And two of them recently got drafted
A 2015 grad from NC, 2017 grad from Towson and a 2017 grad from northwestern, and that's just off the top of my head. Not to mention a few D2 All Americans in the past 4 years. Do your home work before you spout off.

How does that work? Do Wave and Elevate get half credit for the 2017 grad from NW?
No, the 2017 grad I'm talking about is a former wantagh high girl and recently drafted
The graduates I've posted along with the D2 all Americans are all former wave Girls. And two of them recently got drafted

Into the army? I didn't even know we were still doing that.

There are also 2019s committed to Stony Brook and James Madison.

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .
The best athletes get recruited regardless of where they play. Putting a bumble bee on your chest and writing a check doesn't make you good just like playing for a club like the wave doesn't automatically make you bad
The best athletes get recruited regardless of where they play. Putting a bumble bee on your chest and writing a check doesn't make you good just like playing for a club like the wave doesn't automatically make you bad

True, what makes Wave bad, is them getting beat by 20
You're all clueless

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

Every program has girls who get recruited by top programs
Maybe not in the numbers of YJ but the numbers of the smaller clubs also pale in comparison
As pointed out above putting a bee on your back window and cutting a check
Does not make your girl a cut above the rest

Invest in your child's education and if a school they could not get into opens its doors due to lax or a school offers you money to pay for books take a long hard look at that school
But please stop assuming travel ball equals a free education for any and all girls wearing yellow and blue

Maybe not in the numbers of YJ but the numbers of the smaller clubs also pale in comparison

Invest in your child's education and if a school they could not get into opens its doors due to lax or a school offers you money to pay for books take a long hard look at that school
But please stop assuming travel ball equals a free education for any and all girls wearing yellow and blue

This is true, a HS All-American YJ player who trains my daughter just started at a big Lax school. She is getting 25%.

My D seems to be leaning more towards the southern schools, does Wave get exposure to them? I'm wondering because we've heard that a lot of those programs don't venture to much far north of Maryland. In that case - does Wave at least compete in the Maryland tournaments and how do they do? Will we have to kick out more cash for all those camps down there so that she gets the looks later on if she were to play for Wave or those other clubs. The clubs I'm referring to are the ones that I don't see many parents complaining about the constant travel down the turnpike. It's easy enough to read between the lines - yes, it's a big expense time and money-wise, but so is hitting a lot of those camps.
People, you started this thread of NOT YJ, TG or Liberty and the last 2 pages of posts are about YJ. Stay pure to this site and enjoy your ride away from this banter

This is true, a HS All-American YJ player who trains my daughter just started at a big Lax school. She is getting 25%.

Maybe she wasn't that good...

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with
the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

HS All American means nothing to these coaches as they know politics are a big part of the process. If they are getting 25 % of total cost of attendance that's not bad but definitely not high on their future coaches list . Their top recruits get 50 -75 of cost of attendance as freshman . I have been involved in many different players of mine recruitments to varying degrees .

Started 4 years in HS and for a top YJ blue team, also a leading points girl, think that makes her good? Maybe because she is at a top 5 program.

Started 4 years in HS and for a top YJ blue team, also a leading points girl, think that makes her good? Maybe because she is at a top 5 program.

Or maybe YJ girls aren't considered top recruits.

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to
play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

Not saying she is not good just not a hi priority at the school she is heading to
I agree very well said. Although the YJ parents will think your crazy because its not about FUN, its about spending everyday talking and thinking about what D1 program your 11-12 year old will be playing for. Assuming she doesn't have breakdown over the next 5 years. Or heaven forbid play D2.
Getting 25 percent and you say shes not that good. Genius do you know how many girls are on a D1 team and how many scholarships are allowed under NCAA rules. If your playing D1 and getting anything you are good and should be proud. You probably never opened a college savings account because you are just waiting for colleges to bang down your door. Just curious what was your sport and what level did you play at superstar.
People, you started this thread of NOT YJ, TG or Liberty and the last 2 pages of posts are about YJ. Stay pure to this site and enjoy your ride away from this banter

Thank you!!!
Ye

Thank you!!!

Yes, thank you. I will try this again and PLEASE take YJ talk elsewhere. This was a prior response that still received no response bc this thread was hijacked to talk about YJ.

I looked at the 2 programs (PT and Westchester elite) and while they appear to be excellent they don't start until 4th and I think 6th grade grade. I am not interested with the "travel" aspect of the game right rather now just teaching and fostering the love of the game but if my daughter needs to travel we can figure that out. I looked at programs that have for 2027 and in Westchester came up with Tristate Team 91, 3D Tristate and House of Sports. Does anyone have any knowledge as to the instruction at young ages and these programs in general? thank you

Listen, DK isn't a girls lacrosse coach, he is a marketing expert. If he can market Elevate by telling parents "look where I got these kids recruited" even though he had NO role in that process, he will use it to his advantage. Elevate is a marketing machine, all smoke and mirrors. Year-round PAL club!
I'm looking forward to heading down to Maryland this weekend and seeing how Elevate 2019 stacks up to Liberty and YJ.
I'm looking forward to heading down to Maryland this weekend and seeing how Elevate 2019 stacks up to Liberty and YJ.

Good for you. Have a great time. Try the crab........... but really, who cares what you're looking forward to?

Good for you. Have a great time. Try the crab........... but really, who cares what you're looking forward to?

I guess in your haste to put someone down or in attempting to make someone else look bad, you missed the sarcasm in their post about driving DOWN from Long Island TO Maryland - to play two Long Island teams.

Listen, DK isn't a girls lacrosse coach, he is a marketing expert. If he can market Elevate by telling parents "look where I got these kids recruited" even though he had NO role in that process, he will use it to his advantage. Elevate is a marketing machine, all smoke and mirrors. Year-round PAL club!

I am the furthest thing from DK fan...and I think he is the lowest form of pond scum as a biz man....and wouldn't trust him anywhere near my checkbook or wallet....BUT..he knows lax and can teach the sport--players do get better playing for him.....just that all of the baggage colors folks view of him...IMHO...

Elevate got crushed by Liberty this weekend. That same Liberty team also took down the top Skywalker team. How did Elevate do against YJ, I didn't see that game. Overall Elevate had a tough weekend, I saw their top 2020 team (Blue) went 0-3 on Saturday. My daughter had to leave after the Satuday games, how did Sunday go?

Elevate got crushed by Liberty this weekend. That same Liberty team also took down the top Skywalker team. How did Elevate do against YJ, I didn't see that game. Overall Elevate had a tough weekend, I saw their top 2020 team (Blue) went 0-3 on Saturday. My daughter had to leave after the Satuday games, how did Sunday go?

Sunday was pretty well rained out after the first set of games. Liberty 2019 did do well this weekend - they looked good against sky walkers and TE. They just could not seem to figure out the heros team. That was an ugly loss.
Elevate losing to liberty 9-5 is getting crushed?
Do your homework...25% at a D1 Program is pretty much what they give. 40 girls / 12 scholarships.
PrimeTime tourney in MD was a very nice tournament..ton of college coaches and above average competition...2020 class was real tough...saw a lot of talent and very well run....

Elevate lost to Liberty at least 10 or 11 - 5. They had at least twice as many goals, the score is available online and the score wasnt indicative of how bad Elevate lost. Elevate will be happy to head back to New England for their tournaments once the summer starts!

Elevate lost to Liberty at least 10 or 11 - 5. They had at least twice as many goals, the score is available online and the score wasnt indicative of how bad Elevate lost. Elevate will be happy to head back to New England for their tournaments once the summer starts!

Daughter plays for Elevate, first year. It was a tough weekend for Elevate playing strong teams. My daughters team lost 20-2 and that wasn't much fun and a bunch of other teams got blown out as well. All of the elevate age groups struggled this weekend. I know the 2020 Blue team went 0-3 on Saturday. Honestly, we had joined Elevate because I heard they play less competitive tournaments and usually against lower competition which is what we were looking for. I hope this weekend was not representative of what we will see all summer. My daughter joined travel lax for fun, not to be recruited. I am just hoping the other tournaments are more fun than this past weekend!
Getting 25 percent and you say shes not that good. Genius do you know how many girls are on a D1 team and how many scholarships are allowed under NCAA rules. If your playing D1 and getting anything you are good and should be proud. You probably never opened a college savings account because you are just waiting for colleges to bang down your door. Just curious what was your sport and what level did you play at superstar.

20-25% at the top lacrosse programs is it folks and some get less...unless you are a complete freak...maybe they would give 1 - 50%..lower ranked D1 will open their purses for a stud....do the math 12 scholarships being whacked up into pieces... 3 per class...not a lot off wood

20-25% at the top lacrosse programs is it folks and some get less...unless you are a complete freak...maybe they would give 1 - 50%..lower ranked D1 will open their purses for a stud....do the math 12 scholarships being whacked up into pieces... 3 per class...not a lot off wood

The best girls are getting 60-70% FACT!

Daughter plays for Elevate, first year. It was a tough weekend for Elevate playing strong teams. My daughters team lost 20-2 and that wasn't much fun and a bunch of other teams got blown out as well. All of the elevate age groups struggled this weekend. I know the 2020 Blue team went 0-3 on Saturday. Honestly, we had joined Elevate because I heard they play less competitive tournaments and usually against lower competition which is what we were looking for. I hope this weekend was not representative of what we will see all summer. My daughter joined travel lax for fun, not to be recruited. I am just hoping the other tournaments are more fun than this past weekend!

Ah, another satisfied DK customer...smoke/mirrors and the best tailgate tents....DK working his magic...he should be on TV selling on an infomercial....run for your life before the next payment is due!!!

Please share which fully funded programs these are.

Not if they have to play Mass Elite.

Elevate 2020 Blue (1-3 this weekend) did just play Mass Elite at Presidents Cup and lost badly. However, Liberty Black 2019 also played Mass Elite and won by 4 goals. Elevate 2020 continues to struggle.

Elevate 2020 Blue (1-3 this weekend) did just play Mass Elite at Presidents Cup and lost badly. However, Liberty Black 2019 also played Mass Elite and won by 4 goals. Elevate 2020 continues to struggle.

Looks like that Liberty 2019 team matches up nicely with the top dogs.

Please share which fully funded programs these are.

Honestly you are clueless , virtually every top program has girls in each year who get 75 % ( usually their top kid ) . If your kid is getting less than 50 than they were not a top priority for that team .If you want to know what programs just look at essentially all the top 10 teams .
YJ parent here. At least elevate blue 2020 played big time programs in Florida. Did u see the joke of a schedule 2020 YJ played. Plus they struggled to a 2-1-1 record
YJ parent here. At least elevate blue 2020 played big time programs in Florida. Did u see the joke of a schedule 2020 YJ played. Plus they struggled to a 2-1-1 record

It's a showcase shouldn't be playing to win

You are obviously not a YJ parent, if you were you would know that the committed kids rarely go to this tournament so when a combo of YJ team 1/2/3 go to a tournament and play skywalkers and teams of that caliber it makes sense.
© US Lacrosse Community Forum