BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A 2015 grad from NC, 2017 grad from Towson and a 2017 grad from northwestern, and that's just off the top of my head. Not to mention a few D2 All Americans in the past 4 years. Do your home work before you spout off.

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

Every program has girls who get recruited by top programs
Maybe not in the numbers of YJ but the numbers of the smaller clubs also pale in comparison
As pointed out above putting a bee on your back window and cutting a check
Does not make your girl a cut above the rest

Invest in your child's education and if a school they could not get into opens its doors due to lax or a school offers you money to pay for books take a long hard look at that school
But please stop assuming travel ball equals a free education for any and all girls wearing yellow and blue

This is true, a HS All-American YJ player who trains my daughter just started at a big Lax school. She is getting 25%.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best athletes get recruited regardless of where they play. Putting a bumble bee on your chest and writing a check doesn't make you good just like playing for a club like the wave doesn't automatically make you bad

My D seems to be leaning more towards the southern schools, does Wave get exposure to them? I'm wondering because we've heard that a lot of those programs don't venture to much far north of Maryland. In that case - does Wave at least compete in the Maryland tournaments and how do they do? Will we have to kick out more cash for all those camps down there so that she gets the looks later on if she were to play for Wave or those other clubs. The clubs I'm referring to are the ones that I don't see many parents complaining about the constant travel down the turnpike. It's easy enough to read between the lines - yes, it's a big expense time and money-wise, but so is hitting a lot of those camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People, you started this thread of NOT YJ, TG or Liberty and the last 2 pages of posts are about YJ. Stay pure to this site and enjoy your ride away from this banter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2015 grad from NC, 2017 grad from Towson and a 2017 grad from northwestern, and that's just off the top of my head. Not to mention a few D2 All Americans in the past 4 years. Do your home work before you spout off.

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

Maybe not in the numbers of YJ but the numbers of the smaller clubs also pale in comparison

Invest in your child's education and if a school they could not get into opens its doors due to lax or a school offers you money to pay for books take a long hard look at that school
But please stop assuming travel ball equals a free education for any and all girls wearing yellow and blue

This is true, a HS All-American YJ player who trains my daughter just started at a big Lax school. She is getting 25%.

Maybe she wasn't that good...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with
the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

HS All American means nothing to these coaches as they know politics are a big part of the process. If they are getting 25 % of total cost of attendance that's not bad but definitely not high on their future coaches list . Their top recruits get 50 -75 of cost of attendance as freshman . I have been involved in many different players of mine recruitments to varying degrees .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Started 4 years in HS and for a top YJ blue team, also a leading points girl, think that makes her good? Maybe because she is at a top 5 program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Started 4 years in HS and for a top YJ blue team, also a leading points girl, think that makes her good? Maybe because she is at a top 5 program.

Or maybe YJ girls aren't considered top recruits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are dense. First off the D2 players have nothing to do with the post you are responding to. Second the players you name committed 5-8 years ago so not exactly the last several years.To your clueless partner ,no one said you need to play YJ,TG,Liberty to
play D1 lacrosse so your response is useless. Have no problem with the wave program ,no one does it would be like having a problem with butterflies,but don't pretend these other programs are getting kids that are recruited by top 20 programs .

Not saying she is not good just not a hi priority at the school she is heading to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree very well said. Although the YJ parents will think your crazy because its not about FUN, its about spending everyday talking and thinking about what D1 program your 11-12 year old will be playing for. Assuming she doesn't have breakdown over the next 5 years. Or heaven forbid play D2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting 25 percent and you say shes not that good. Genius do you know how many girls are on a D1 team and how many scholarships are allowed under NCAA rules. If your playing D1 and getting anything you are good and should be proud. You probably never opened a college savings account because you are just waiting for colleges to bang down your door. Just curious what was your sport and what level did you play at superstar.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People, you started this thread of NOT YJ, TG or Liberty and the last 2 pages of posts are about YJ. Stay pure to this site and enjoy your ride away from this banter

Thank you!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ye

Thank you!!!

Yes, thank you. I will try this again and PLEASE take YJ talk elsewhere. This was a prior response that still received no response bc this thread was hijacked to talk about YJ.

I looked at the 2 programs (PT and Westchester elite) and while they appear to be excellent they don't start until 4th and I think 6th grade grade. I am not interested with the "travel" aspect of the game right rather now just teaching and fostering the love of the game but if my daughter needs to travel we can figure that out. I looked at programs that have for 2027 and in Westchester came up with Tristate Team 91, 3D Tristate and House of Sports. Does anyone have any knowledge as to the instruction at young ages and these programs in general? thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you daughter is interested in playing at a division 1 school that is competitive lacrosse wise( top 20) then she should be playing YJ,TG, Liberty. You she is looking to just extend the lax season and keep her stick in her hand longer then these other clubs are the answer. Is what it is.Kids being recruited to competitive lacrosse schools from Long Island outside of those clubs and occasionally elevate are few and far between.

Elevate seems to pick up kids AFTER they commit but then promote them as if they committed through Elevate. I see that there are two recent 2019s added to their commit list who just joined during their most recent tryout (Holy Cross and UNC) and the kids have not played one game for Elevate. They committed when they were at Express and another club so they really didn't commit through Elevate. These kids committed 2 years ago before they joined. I think this is done by Elevate for marketing purposes?

Listen, DK isn't a girls lacrosse coach, he is a marketing expert. If he can market Elevate by telling parents "look where I got these kids recruited" even though he had NO role in that process, he will use it to his advantage. Elevate is a marketing machine, all smoke and mirrors. Year-round PAL club!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking forward to heading down to Maryland this weekend and seeing how Elevate 2019 stacks up to Liberty and YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking forward to heading down to Maryland this weekend and seeing how Elevate 2019 stacks up to Liberty and YJ.

Good for you. Have a great time. Try the crab........... but really, who cares what you're looking forward to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good for you. Have a great time. Try the crab........... but really, who cares what you're looking forward to?

I guess in your haste to put someone down or in attempting to make someone else look bad, you missed the sarcasm in their post about driving DOWN from Long Island TO Maryland - to play two Long Island teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you daughter is interested in playing at a division 1 school that is competitive lacrosse wise( top 20) then she should be playing YJ,TG, Liberty. You she is looking to just extend the lax season and keep her stick in her hand longer then these other clubs are the answer. Is what it is.Kids being recruited to competitive lacrosse schools from Long Island outside of those clubs and occasionally elevate are few and far between.

Elevate seems to pick up kids AFTER they commit but then promote them as if they committed through Elevate. I see that there are two recent 2019s added to their commit list who just joined during their most recent tryout (Holy Cross and UNC) and the kids have not played one game for Elevate. They committed when they were at Express and another club so they really didn't commit through Elevate. These kids committed 2 years ago before they joined. I think this is done by Elevate for marketing purposes?

Listen, DK isn't a girls lacrosse coach, he is a marketing expert. If he can market Elevate by telling parents "look where I got these kids recruited" even though he had NO role in that process, he will use it to his advantage. Elevate is a marketing machine, all smoke and mirrors. Year-round PAL club!

I am the furthest thing from DK fan...and I think he is the lowest form of pond scum as a biz man....and wouldn't trust him anywhere near my checkbook or wallet....BUT..he knows lax and can teach the sport--players do get better playing for him.....just that all of the baggage colors folks view of him...IMHO...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate got crushed by Liberty this weekend. That same Liberty team also took down the top Skywalker team. How did Elevate do against YJ, I didn't see that game. Overall Elevate had a tough weekend, I saw their top 2020 team (Blue) went 0-3 on Saturday. My daughter had to leave after the Satuday games, how did Sunday go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate got crushed by Liberty this weekend. That same Liberty team also took down the top Skywalker team. How did Elevate do against YJ, I didn't see that game. Overall Elevate had a tough weekend, I saw their top 2020 team (Blue) went 0-3 on Saturday. My daughter had to leave after the Satuday games, how did Sunday go?

Sunday was pretty well rained out after the first set of games. Liberty 2019 did do well this weekend - they looked good against sky walkers and TE. They just could not seem to figure out the heros team. That was an ugly loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elevate losing to liberty 9-5 is getting crushed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework...25% at a D1 Program is pretty much what they give. 40 girls / 12 scholarships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PrimeTime tourney in MD was a very nice tournament..ton of college coaches and above average competition...2020 class was real tough...saw a lot of talent and very well run....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate lost to Liberty at least 10 or 11 - 5. They had at least twice as many goals, the score is available online and the score wasnt indicative of how bad Elevate lost. Elevate will be happy to head back to New England for their tournaments once the summer starts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate lost to Liberty at least 10 or 11 - 5. They had at least twice as many goals, the score is available online and the score wasnt indicative of how bad Elevate lost. Elevate will be happy to head back to New England for their tournaments once the summer starts!

Daughter plays for Elevate, first year. It was a tough weekend for Elevate playing strong teams. My daughters team lost 20-2 and that wasn't much fun and a bunch of other teams got blown out as well. All of the elevate age groups struggled this weekend. I know the 2020 Blue team went 0-3 on Saturday. Honestly, we had joined Elevate because I heard they play less competitive tournaments and usually against lower competition which is what we were looking for. I hope this weekend was not representative of what we will see all summer. My daughter joined travel lax for fun, not to be recruited. I am just hoping the other tournaments are more fun than this past weekend!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Getting 25 percent and you say shes not that good. Genius do you know how many girls are on a D1 team and how many scholarships are allowed under NCAA rules. If your playing D1 and getting anything you are good and should be proud. You probably never opened a college savings account because you are just waiting for colleges to bang down your door. Just curious what was your sport and what level did you play at superstar.

20-25% at the top lacrosse programs is it folks and some get less...unless you are a complete freak...maybe they would give 1 - 50%..lower ranked D1 will open their purses for a stud....do the math 12 scholarships being whacked up into pieces... 3 per class...not a lot off wood

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

20-25% at the top lacrosse programs is it folks and some get less...unless you are a complete freak...maybe they would give 1 - 50%..lower ranked D1 will open their purses for a stud....do the math 12 scholarships being whacked up into pieces... 3 per class...not a lot off wood

The best girls are getting 60-70% FACT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Daughter plays for Elevate, first year. It was a tough weekend for Elevate playing strong teams. My daughters team lost 20-2 and that wasn't much fun and a bunch of other teams got blown out as well. All of the elevate age groups struggled this weekend. I know the 2020 Blue team went 0-3 on Saturday. Honestly, we had joined Elevate because I heard they play less competitive tournaments and usually against lower competition which is what we were looking for. I hope this weekend was not representative of what we will see all summer. My daughter joined travel lax for fun, not to be recruited. I am just hoping the other tournaments are more fun than this past weekend!

Ah, another satisfied DK customer...smoke/mirrors and the best tailgate tents....DK working his magic...he should be on TV selling on an infomercial....run for your life before the next payment is due!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please share which fully funded programs these are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not if they have to play Mass Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 2020 Blue (1-3 this weekend) did just play Mass Elite at Presidents Cup and lost badly. However, Liberty Black 2019 also played Mass Elite and won by 4 goals. Elevate 2020 continues to struggle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elevate 2020 Blue (1-3 this weekend) did just play Mass Elite at Presidents Cup and lost badly. However, Liberty Black 2019 also played Mass Elite and won by 4 goals. Elevate 2020 continues to struggle.

Looks like that Liberty 2019 team matches up nicely with the top dogs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please share which fully funded programs these are.

Honestly you are clueless , virtually every top program has girls in each year who get 75 % ( usually their top kid ) . If your kid is getting less than 50 than they were not a top priority for that team .If you want to know what programs just look at essentially all the top 10 teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parent here. At least elevate blue 2020 played big time programs in Florida. Did u see the joke of a schedule 2020 YJ played. Plus they struggled to a 2-1-1 record

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parent here. At least elevate blue 2020 played big time programs in Florida. Did u see the joke of a schedule 2020 YJ played. Plus they struggled to a 2-1-1 record

It's a showcase shouldn't be playing to win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are obviously not a YJ parent, if you were you would know that the committed kids rarely go to this tournament so when a combo of YJ team 1/2/3 go to a tournament and play skywalkers and teams of that caliber it makes sense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard