BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy
Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.

[lacrosse] bag, You did not win every Tournament 1st of all, because nobody has. And whether a game is an hour or a half hour. Somebody wins because they score more than the other team, and go home with a nice picture and tee shirt while the other team runs crying to their car. Life is like that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Privacy]Sorry Lovie, my team has won every tourney they were in.

Secondly, I will try again, so read carefully. I said a "win" means nothing when a championship game Is 22 minutes.

How did you do in the National Draw?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Did you think of that all on your own? That you win by scoring more goals?? Holy [lacrosse]!!! No one ever told me that!!!! I think you need to go and tell people this because I think they would be shocked.

Thank g-d the Super Bowl wasn't only 3 quarters or Atlanta would be the champions.

You're a f**king moron. A 22 minute championship game is ridiculous. Any sane person would agree. So I understand why you can't grasp that concept.

Let me guess, you're a YJ parent? Wait I take that back, you must be a TG parent bc you're asking about National Draw. Either way, how did YJ or TG do at U.S. Nationals?

Dude, you need to stop being an [lacrosse]. You seem to be the [lacrosse] that comments on all the threads, bc it's impossible there are two of you morons saying the same [lacrosse]. Know your role and shut your trap.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I thought this thread was for everyone but YJ, TG and Liberty. Why are you here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you think of that all on your own? That you win by scoring more goals?? Holy [lacrosse]!!! No one ever told me that!!!! I think you need to go and tell people this because I think they would be shocked.

Thank g-d the Super Bowl wasn't only 3 quarters or Atlanta would be the champions.

You're a f**king moron. A 22 minute championship game is ridiculous. Any sane person would agree. So I understand why you can't grasp that concept.

Let me guess, you're a YJ parent? Wait I take that back, you must be a TG parent bc you're asking about National Draw. Either way, how did YJ or TG do at U.S. Nationals?

Dude, you need to stop being an [lacrosse]. You seem to be the [lacrosse] that comments on all the threads, bc it's impossible there are two of you morons saying the same [lacrosse]. Know your role and shut your trap.

Still waiting to hear what team you play on where you never lost?? Both YJ and TG know what it takes to win a tournament. You need to show up at whatever format they throw at you and not make excuses. Sometimes you win sometimes you don't. But you don't make excuses like you. Ya jackass! And I'm not the same poster.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You are such a [lacrosse]. How am I making excuses, donkey, they are not my teams so I don't give a flying [lacrosse]. Who won at US nationals? I'm pretty sure it wasn't YJ or TG.

I don't play on any team bc I'm not 11. You are also assuming that I'm on a girls team.

I think you meant poser.

And you never answered what team you played for. You would fit right into the YJ family of [lacrosse] parents on that team.

Maybe you're TG purple or YJ B team. That would explain your animosity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are such a [lacrosse]. How am I making excuses, donkey, they are not my teams so I don't give a flying [lacrosse]. Who won at US nationals? I'm pretty sure it wasn't YJ or TG.

I don't play on any team bc I'm not 11. You are also assuming that I'm on a girls team.

I think you meant poser.

And you never answered what team you played for. You would fit right into the YJ family of [lacrosse] parents on that team.

I feel sorry for you that you have to come on here making stuff up about an imaginary team that your daughter plays on and "never lost". Your jealousy is pretty clear. You just can't accept that teams like TG and YJ have won tournaments and beat top Maryland teams. Sad for you. But I have a tip: Lay off the booze and have a catch with your daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I think you meant poser.

I feel sorry for you that you have to come on here making stuff up about an imaginary team that your daughter plays on and "never lost". Your jealousy is pretty clear. You just can't accept that teams like TG and YJ have won tournaments and beat top Maryland teams. Sad for you. But I have a tip: Lay off the booze and have a catch with your daughter.

This is all so entertaining. Yet, it could also foster some great philosophical debates with a sort of lacrosse theme.
For example - Should it really be considered a game if it's not technically a full game - what is a full game? Are their minimum minutes required in the US Lacrosse or FIL rulebooks? Kind of like the minimum innings for a baseball game. Or is it truly a game if the officials officiate and the coaches coach - then the coaches sign off on the score sheet at the end?
That debate is almost as good as the one about whether it's really a tournament if none of the top teams show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Privacy]I don't care who beats who and when. It means nothing. TG lost to NXT 2023 and then Igloo beat NXT 2023 in the championship game in Virginia.

And I have no doubt that some TG parent is going to say that NXT is not a good team, but yet they lost and Igloo won. Does that make Igloo better than TG? No, but it makes for good competition.

I am going to crack up when the new organization Empire comes and beats them all!!

Empire will be the team to beat. The coach will put us in competitive tournaments and this team will perform at a high level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you meant poser.

This is all so entertaining. Yet, it could also foster some great philosophical debates with a sort of lacrosse theme.
For example - Should it really be considered a game if it's not technically a full game - what is a full game? Are their minimum minutes required in the US Lacrosse or FIL rulebooks? Kind of like the minimum innings for a baseball game. Or is it truly a game if the officials officiate and the coaches coach - then the coaches sign off on the score sheet at the end?
That debate is almost as good as the one about whether it's really a tournament if none of the top teams show up.

A game is a game. Similar thing happened to TG in Maryland.Summer Classic. They beat MD United in a full game and MD beat them for the championship the next day in a shortened game. TG also beat Igloo 2x to win National Draw. One was a full game, one shortened. YJ beat a number of good teams to win LFC in shortened games, they are still the winners of that tournament because they played better for the time they were on the field. It's still a game you dope. Not too hard to figure out. What's difficult to understand, is your obsession with shortened games. That's the way it is. Somebody wins, somebody loses. Get on with your life.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow I am sorry you had a negative experience. We got involved in 2012 and have had no issues other than positive. I'm happy that your daughter is on a team she enjoys - best of luck! Our tryouts are Sunday and the practice has been to email girls with a list of pinnie number denoting placement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe because we would like to get actual coaching and enjoy our experience. You obviously have not done your homework. Smaller club quality training

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow I am sorry you had a negative experience. We got involved in 2012 and have had no issues other than positive. I'm happy that your daughter is on a team she enjoys - best of luck! Our tryouts are Sunday and the practice has been to email girls with a list of pinnie number denoting placement.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
And yet, you still have not answered the question. You must be a democrat bc you have a tendency to deflect.

I'm not sure what language I should speak bc apparently you don't understand English. Ok so I will dumb it down for you.

I don't give a [lacrosse] of who beats whom when and where. I don't care if it is 5 minutes or 12 hours. Yes, a win is a win is a win. Not debating that. I was pointing out the fact there are others except YJ and TG and Liberty that are good teams.

I can go on all day. TG beats igloo 2x. Igloo beat TG one time. Igloo beat YJ 2x. Both YJ and TG lost at US nationals where igloo won.

So which team is your daughter on? YJ, TG or Igloo?

I will restate my point again so maybe you will stfu.

This thread is about teams OTHER THAN YJ, TG or liberty. Key word is OTHER THAN. So stop promoting your team.

This is exactly why YJ has a bad reputation and it has nothing to do with the kids.

These kids are [lacrosse] 11 & 12. You sound like you're trying to live vicariously through your child bc you were a failure growing up.

If the original person who posted this was smart, stay away from these teams and go to a team where the parents are not fighting about whose kid is better and who will get scouted. Go to a smaller club like Empire or Elevate. At least your daughter will have fun and you won't have to deal with the mental cases know as the parents of TG and YJ. Igloo is another choice.

And I will predict the trolls will bad mouth Elevate & Empire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if Empire has ever beaten that Maryland club Rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter left Igloo to go to Empire just a better atmosphere for my daughter to develop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And yet, you still have not answered the question. You must be a democrat bc you have a tendency to deflect.

I'm not sure what language I should speak bc apparently you don't understand English. Ok so I will dumb it down for you.

I don't give a [lacrosse] of who beats whom when and where. I don't care if it is 5 minutes or 12 hours. Yes, a win is a win is a win. Not debating that. I was pointing out the fact there are others except YJ and TG and Liberty that are good teams.

I can go on all day. TG beats igloo 2x. Igloo beat TG one time. Igloo beat YJ 2x. Both YJ and TG lost at US nationals where igloo won.

This thread is about teams OTHER THAN YJ, TG or liberty. Key word is OTHER THAN. So stop promoting your team.

This is exactly why YJ has a bad reputation and it has nothing to do with the kids.

These kids are [lacrosse] 11 & 12. You sound like you're trying to live vicariously through your child bc you were a failure growing up.

If the original person who posted this was smart, stay away from these teams and go to a team where the parents are not fighting about whose kid is better and who will get scouted. Go to a smaller club like Empire or Elevate. At least your daughter will have fun and you won't have to deal with the mental cases know as the parents of TG and YJ. Igloo is another choice.

All those other teams besides the top 3 are a joke...save your money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ top club on Long Island if your knocking them anyone would understand your jealousy. When it comes to recruiting time you'll regret not playing there these small clubs can't compare to what YJ offers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just do your research before you join elevate. not about wins and loses about money grabbing at every opportunity. other than that elevate is great

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if Empire will have additional tryouts? What tournaments they plan on doing in the fall/summer? Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ top club on Long Island if your knocking them anyone would understand your jealousy. When it comes to recruiting time you'll regret not playing there these small clubs can't compare to what YJ offers.

Only if your daughter is a starter for the blue team, otherwise they are grabbing your money as your daughter rides the bench and eventually gets "recruited " to a mediocre school with no money. If your daughter is a talented player and plays for a competitive team, she will be recruited, no need for YJ drama. Plenty of choices

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only if your daughter is a starter for the blue team, otherwise they are grabbing your money as your daughter rides the bench and eventually gets "recruited " to a mediocre school with no money. If your daughter is a talented player and plays for a competitive team, she will be recruited, no need for YJ drama. Plenty of choices

For goodness sake the name of this thread says "(other than TG, Liberty and YJ)". Some people will never consider going to YJ because of location, they are not centrally located and quite a hike for some. There are many reasons people do travel lacrosse and for some of it isn't about being on the best team. Some clubs who you may have never heard of can have great coaching, there are many that fly under the radar and never get mentioned here.

For those looking into lesser know B clubs, your best bet is really word of mouth from people local to you. Spend the money on the tryout and see how it is run and what you see as far as talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if Empire will have additional tryouts? What tournaments they plan on doing in the fall/summer? Thanks in advance.

Empire is having a second tryout on September 9 at SUNY Farmingdale, times haven't been announced yet but you can register on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a moronic statement. Tell your 11/12 year old not to play if not for one if the three " top" teams. Idiot. News flash- Not every quality player is on only those three teams. And really, they are 12.. not getting " recruited " at this age. If that's your life goal for your kid then you suck as a parent. What about good coaching, playing time to better their game? What about the enjoyment of great teammates and what they get out of playing a competitive sport? What if that very good 12 year old can become great bc they actually played? Maybe all they want is to be a great school player and have that experience. Because you are twisted don't sum up why others kids play or pretend you know why kids play for other teams.
Warped people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When it comes to recruiting time if your counting on any club being this great advocate for you then you are sadly mistaken and will be very disappointed - especially with the new recruiting rules, club has been greatly diminished - go read a recent article by Dom Starsia saying that club has become an irrelevant waste of time under the new system. College camps and clinics are now the new "club" open your wallet to a new master!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON tryouts are 9/17 and 9/23.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When it comes to recruiting time if your counting on any club being this great advocate for you then you are sadly mistaken and will be very disappointed - especially with the new recruiting rules, club has been greatly diminished - go read a recent article by Dom Starsia saying that club has become an irrelevant waste of time under the new system. College camps and clinics are now the new "club" open your wallet to a new master!

Yup. Starsia definitely speaks for all the college coaches out there. Duke's coach seems to be the strongest advocate for PSA's attending camps instead of parents "wasting their money" on clubs. That's why she spearheaded the effort to pass the new rule. All these coaches want the girls going to their camps on their campuses. Spending parts of the summer trudging up and down I-95 and the turnpike has really gotten old with the coaches. It's so much nicer for them to just stay home with their families and run the camps. Of course they want the "no contact" to extend out to 09/01 junior year. This way they have you coming to their camps for at least 3 years. And not just summer camps - there are the fall clinics, the 7v7 tournaments, the fall clinics and whatever else they can dream up. It's a beautiful new world for the coaches - instead of girls shying away from a particular camp because they've heard that their particular class has already been filled - every summer until junior year - every college can draw in the 200+ dreamers since the race is still wide open. Pick your devil.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON is DONE. They Had there little run. They are just a money $$$$$$ grab. Very un organized. All PM cares about is the all mighty $$$$$$$$$$. Go with the YJ best organization, well run, good coaching. My kids are older now and if I did it all over again I would just go the the YJ. Forget about ICON, EMPIRE,TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup. Starsia definitely speaks for all the college coaches out there. Duke's coach seems to be the strongest advocate for PSA's attending camps instead of parents "wasting their money" on clubs. That's why she spearheaded the effort to pass the new rule. All these coaches want the girls going to their camps on their campuses. Spending parts of the summer trudging up and down I-95 and the turnpike has really gotten old with the coaches. It's so much nicer for them to just stay home with their families and run the camps. Of course they want the "no contact" to extend out to 09/01 junior year. This way they have you coming to their camps for at least 3 years. And not just summer camps - there are the fall clinics, the 7v7 tournaments, the fall clinics and whatever else they can dream up. It's a beautiful new world for the coaches - instead of girls shying away from a particular camp because they've heard that their particular class has already been filled - every summer until junior year - every college can draw in the 200+ dreamers since the race is still wide open. Pick your devil.

Dom Starsia is a man, not a "she". Also, he's a boy's coach. I also personally know a D1 boys coach who spends a lot of time over the summer at recruiting camps, who also feels travel will become obsolete in the equation. Having said that, he also isn't sure about the girls side of things, he can only speak about the boys side. Also, he isn't talking about all the clinics, 7v7 and camps that you are. He
is talking about specific recruiting events, some are invite only. It is isn't the summer instructional camp that most colleges have. Maybe you don't have a daughter in the circuit yet, but if you did, you would know the difference in the type of event he is talking about. So curb your sarcasm.

Having said that I feel badly that thread has been hijacked by people who sound like the TG, Liberty, YJ type. This thread was created for people who are looking for other options and aren't interested in the recruiting world. Believe it or not, people do this for more reasons than to get recruited. So stop talking about it here, you can go over to the TG, YJ and grad year threads and do it there with your own kind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICONN is very well run coaches are on top of things very organized they have many practices the girls bond well and the coaches teach- don't know why the negatives my daughter plays there and I haven't seen any negatives to the experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON is DONE. They Had there little run. They are just a money $$$$$$ grab. Very un organized. All PM cares about is the all mighty $$$$$$$$$$. Go with the YJ best organization, well run, good coaching. My kids are older now and if I did it all over again I would just go the the YJ. Forget about ICON, EMPIRE,TG.

Reality is not every kid is playing to be recruited to a top school. There are many girls who have a true love of the game, but may not want to play at the collegiate level, based on course work, the intense schedule, and for what? They aren't going to play professional lacrosse. So YJ isn't for everyone, and not convenient for many coming from South Shore. I know people who thought they were horribly run, so it depends on coach and team dynamic. They are all money grabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really think you are just a troll but I need to reply. You are flat out wrong about Icon. PM actually cares that the kids learn and makes sure any coach he uses understands and coaches to his philosophy. Once again, YJ and Icon are not even geographically close to each other...any one considering Icon wouldn't be looking at YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really think you are just a troll but I need to reply. You are flat out wrong about Icon. PM actually cares that the kids learn and makes sure any coach he uses understands and coaches to his philosophy. Once again, YJ and Icon are not even geographically close to each other...any one considering Icon wouldn't be looking at YJ.

I agree, just wish his tryouts weren't so late and his teams weren't mixed years.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
They are a first year club, so I don't think they played anyone from Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I

I think September 9th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree its a troll Empire is very well run as well. If your kids are older don't bad mouth clubs that you know nothing about.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Empire is having a second tryout on September 9 at SUNY Farmingdale, times haven't been announced yet but you can register on their website.

This summer they traveled to MA and PA. I think those were the only out of state ones. I think the rest were on LI. I also think they did a winter tournament. Not sure though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON is definitely not a money grab. The coaching is great. Pat is all over the place stopping down occasionally to help with the teams he doesn't coach himself. He was at every indoor session at the Hub this Winter. Yes YJ is the best club , but not sure why you think it is a money grab. My daughter had a great experience. Loves the coaches, her teammates, and practicing at Adelphi.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with these YJ people? Go away! We get it you are the greatest.. everyone else sucks., no one will ever get recruited anywhere else. Who cares if your kid loves the sport, their coach, their teammates.. if they don't play YJ waste of time. There is Nothing to see here- go back to your forum so the rest of us lowly uninformed people can speak.
They are so great , I don't think they need you nosing around in other peoples forums to promote them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON is definitely not a money grab. The coaching is great. Pat is all over the place stopping down occasionally to help with the teams he doesn't coach himself. He was at every indoor session at the Hub this Winter. Yes YJ is the best club , but not sure why you think it is a money grab. My daughter had a great experience. Loves the coaches, her teammates, and practicing at Adelphi.

Nobody cares about your daughter, and YJ is not the best club. Others have already surpassed them with more to follow.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard