BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Girls Lacrosse Teams (other than TG, Liberty, YJ)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Privacy
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anybody know if Empire will have additional tryouts? What tournaments they plan on doing in the fall/summer? Thanks in advance.

Empire is having a second tryout on September 9 at SUNY Farmingdale, times haven't been announced yet but you can register on their website.

This summer they traveled to MA and PA. I think those were the only out of state ones. I think the rest were on LI. I also think they did a winter tournament. Not sure though.

Empire is owned by 90+1.....I guess they are trying to reinvent themselves as a girls only new start up......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is NOT owned by 91. Why do you feel the need to start stupid rumors. Maybe I should say yellow jackets was created by Montauk High. Sounds stupid because it is and so are your false statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is a Suffolk county organization who have been around for several years with both boys and girls teams. Empire is now spreading out and created a Nassau division for girls slowly taking over all of Long Island. They have nothing to do with 91. Why your trying to spread bad information is a joke. 91 already has boys and girls teams what would be the purpose of trying to hide under a different name to create a girls division. They already have one !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know if Empire will have additional tryouts? What tournaments they plan on doing in the fall/summer? Thanks in advance.

Empire is having a second tryout on September 9 at SUNY Farmingdale, times haven't been announced yet but you can register on their website.

This summer they traveled to MA and PA. I think those were the only out of state ones. I think the rest were on LI. I also think they did a winter tournament. Not sure though.

Empire is owned by 90+1.....I guess they are trying to reinvent themselves as a girls only new start up......

Not owned by 90+1, run separately and nothing to do with those guys, owned by Tom Rotanz, Harold drumm and Luke Daquino, empire Nassau girls Director and all Nassau coaches are all HS coaches in Nassau, unsure about Suffolk girls, but I believe she is as well, and the three owners run the Suffolk boys teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best girls are all leaving that program, they were at Igloo and TG tryouts along with the better Liberty girls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Both owned by the same parent, Dynamic Sports. Google them. They also own Jesters and Beach Bums.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is NOT owned by 91 ,don't go starting rumors. Empire has been around for years in Suffolk and last year expanded to Nassau. They have boys and girls teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ICON is definitely not a money grab. The coaching is great. Pat is all over the place stopping down occasionally to help with the teams he doesn't coach himself. He was at every indoor session at the Hub this Winter. Yes YJ is the best club , but not sure why you think it is a money grab. My daughter had a great experience. Loves the coaches, her teammates, and practicing at Adelphi.

Nobody cares about your daughter, and YJ is not the best club. Others have already surpassed them with more to follow.

Said the Dad who's kid can't make YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Empire is NOT owned by 91 ,don't go starting rumors. Empire has been around for years in Suffolk and last year expanded to Nassau. They have boys and girls teams

They are both owned by Dynamic Sports Management. So correct 91 doesn't win them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both owned by the same parent, Dynamic Sports. Google them. They also own Jesters and Beach Bums.

Dynamic sports is the 91 company. Also, Empire, Ducks, My Lacrosse Tournaments, and several others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many variables when deciding which program is best other than the 3 mentioned by the OP... Travel schedule, cost, coaching, skill level per grade, location, friends on those teams etc... Many valid points on here about problems with some teams but just be aware that it may not be the case with other teams within that program.

Long Island has so much talent and the top skill level is no longer concentrated within one or two programs anymore. Other teams in no particular order:

Legacy
Igloo
Empire
Jesters
Title 9
Bandits
Beach Bums
fl$
Medusa
Fighting Ducks
Mama's Girls
Recon

I'm sure I missed some

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Dynamic sports is the 91 company. Also, Empire, Ducks, My Lacrosse Tournaments, and several others. [/quote

They are also trying to buy YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

Dynamic sports is the 91 company. Also, Empire, Ducks, My Lacrosse Tournaments, and several others. [/quote

If CR was smart she should sell and negotiate a big salary to stay on for a few years. The program is clearly slipping, enrollment is down and the younger ages are a disaster. The best talent is not flocking anymore and some who have been approached politely declined to move

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That rumor surfaces every year. I'm sure they would enter negotiations if CR ever was going to sell. Only reason to sell would be if it got to big to manage, if it's shrinking she can still manage. It looks like lax is her life. Her kids are in college and she can probably retire from teaching in the next few years. So doubtful she would walk away from what seems to be central to her life outside her family which is lacrosse. I predict she makes a huge push to rebrand when she retires from teaching and takes over as the Hofstra coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If CR was smart she should sell and negotiate a big salary to stay on for a few years. The program is clearly slipping, enrollment is down and the younger ages are a disaster. The best talent is not flocking anymore and some who have been approached politely declined to move

Younger ages are a disaster? Maybe the 23s, yes. The 24s and the 25s are dominant on LI, there is nobody even close. Those teams also played very well against the big boys in MD (M&D and Skywalkers). Good try though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this post bc I have been curious as well. I live in Northern Westchester and see that majority of the teams mentioned are for the Island. Any thoughts for additional teams in Northern Westchester or Connecticut (near the NY border). Thank you,

Westchester Elite and Prime Time Girls are both in the area

Thanks for the response. I looked at the 2 programs and while they appear to be excellent they don't start until 4th and I think 6th grade grade. I am not interested with the "travel" aspect of the game right rather now just teaching and fostering the love of the game but if my daughter needs to travel we can figure that out. I looked at programs that have for 2027 and in Westchester came up with Tristate Team 91, 3D Tristate and House of Sports. Does anyone have any knowledge as to the instruction at young ages and these programs in general? thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't do to well in MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Younger ages are a disaster? Maybe the 23s, yes. The 24s and the 25s are dominant on LI, there is nobody even close. Those teams also played very well against the big boys in MD (M&D and Skywalkers). Good try though.

YJ still has the best long island team in the 2019, 2020, 2021 ,2024,2025. age groups not sure about the 2022 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

YJ still has the best long island team in the 2019, 2020, 2021 ,2024,2025. age groups not sure about the 2022 teams.

If based on last summer the 2020 team was very average. Too many selfish superstars to succeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Is Empire really owned by 91? Ninety-one girls program cant seem to get it together. New director appointed, about 3-4th one I know about. Lack of communication and organization seems off. Tthey hiked cost up by almost $1,000 with no communication to existing players.

If based on last summer the 2020 team was very average. Too many selfish superstars to succeed.

And the 2019s are the best on the island, you are correct. They are unfortunately a notch down off the island from previous iterations like the 2018s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far this has turning out to be the YJ forum. I thought this was setup for those looking at other options other than the usual (YJ, TG, ect) Can we please discuss the other teams around and how they are at developing the younger teams so maybe, just maybe a parent looking at this madness can come away with a little bit of information.

Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So far this has turning out to be the YJ forum. I thought this was setup for those looking at other options other than the usual (YJ, TG, ect) Can we please discuss the other teams around and how they are at developing the younger teams so maybe, just maybe a parent looking at this madness can come away with a little bit of information.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, the YJ parents can't help themselves. They crave the attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give it time to implode. It always does

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"If based on last summer the 2020 team was very average. Too many selfish superstars to succeed."

You can base it on whatever you want they are still far and away the best 2020 team on long island, does not say much as TG at this age is B level and Liberty not very good either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for this post bc I have been curious as well. I live in Northern Westchester and see that majority of the teams mentioned are for the Island. Any thoughts for additional teams in Northern Westchester or Connecticut (near the NY border). Thank you,

Thanks for the response. I looked at the 2 programs and while they appear to be excellent they don't start until 4th and I think 6th grade grade. I am not interested with the "travel" aspect of the game right rather now just teaching and fostering the love of the game but if my daughter needs to travel we can figure that out. I looked at programs that have for 2027 and in Westchester came up with Tristate Team 91, 3D Tristate and House of Sports. Does anyone have any knowledge as to the instruction at young ages and these programs in general? thank you

We all get it, YJ is awesome, they are the best blah blah blah. Is it possible to actually respond to the inquiries in this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all get it, YJ is awesome, they are the best blah blah blah. Is it possible to actually respond to the inquiries in this thread.

Talk to Cobra Kai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.[/quote]

CR will fix that once and for all this year and will become clear once the fall rosters are posted before tryouts. It will again be YJA and everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.[/quote]

CR will fix that once and for all this year and will become clear once the fall rosters are posted before tryouts. It will again be YJA and everyone else.
[/quote]

I doubt that highly...there will be no changes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

And the only people that care about this nonsense are the people on the YJ thread, so go over there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
Isn't what they said last year, CR will be the 2021 savior. We won't lose to Maryland teams anymore now that she is taking the team over. Now not only you lose to MD teams, you lost to an LI team. Sounds like your going backwards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not best at 2021, at least not the clear best. Was beat by Liberty when teams were just with their regular teams. (No 2020's) playing with them.

[/quote]

I doubt that highly...there will be no changes[/quote]

Wrong! Three new joining the team, the girls already know who they are....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs are they From?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I doubt that highly...there will be no changes[/quote]

Wrong! Three new joining the team, the girls already know who they are....
[/quote]
Two things give me a break if you think this trifecta is gonna come in and make this team any better without creating havoc and tension
Secondly this forum is about teams other than... So stop screaming yj nonsense from the rooftops.
There are many good quality teams on li if you don't want to travel you will find a good fit. I think some folks here have made the case against the larger clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]were you beaten as a child or something? such low self esteem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]were you beaten as a child or something? such low self esteem
[/quote]

Haha, don't think so! That's what you said about the 2023 team last year and they got worse! Beat by two other LI teams now😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So not true! You can pay $100 and put your daughter in front of a top coach for an all-day clinic. So, you can choose a smaller club, or a not-for-profit and receive more personalized attention,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So not true! You can pay $100 and put your daughter in front of a top coach for an all-day clinic. So, you can choose a smaller club, or a not-for-profit and receive more personalized attention,

Look, no one is denying YJ and TG are the top clubs on the island, they travel a lot and they represent the island well where they go, I see a lot of talk about the 2023 empire team on this thread, and personal experience, they're a great club, my daughter played on the 2021 team this past year and had a great experience. The coaches are both high school coaches without any kids on the team, we also have the director as one of our coaches and I personally find the instruction to be top notch. We have a great group of girls and parents who had fun at all of our tourneys. We've played for and followed this coach the past few years from his former club to empire and I have seen my daughter improve tremendously. The best part is she enjoys playing, going to practice and the tourneys, which makes me enjoy it so much more. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't matter what we all post on here, go to a program that you find is best for you and your daughter, there are plenty out there, especially on LI!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look, no one is denying YJ and TG are the top clubs on the island, they travel a lot and they represent the island well where they go, I see a lot of talk about the 2023 empire team on this thread, and personal experience, they're a great club, my daughter played on the 2021 team this past year and had a great experience. The coaches are both high school coaches without any kids on the team, we also have the director as one of our coaches and I personally find the instruction to be top notch. We have a great group of girls and parents who had fun at all of our tourneys. We've played for and followed this coach the past few years from his former club to empire and I have seen my daughter improve tremendously. The best part is she enjoys playing, going to practice and the tourneys, which makes me enjoy it so much more. Basically what I'm getting at is that it doesn't matter what we all post on here, go to a program that you find is best for you and your daughter, there are plenty out there, especially on LI!

Well said, great post and great advice.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard