Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's getting hot at Hofstra real hot

Yep. Forecasted high temp of 70 tomorrow.

When a team is losing it's always hot for the coach. I bet it's hot at JMU, Loyola and others. NU...not doing as well as in the past. And, using previous logic that was used in reference to SS and Hofstra, since NU, Loyola and JMU are not doing as well as they usually do it must be the girls the coach recruited. Since Amonte-Hiller, Adams and Klaes-Bawcombe have been at their schools for longer than 4 years these teams are losing with the players that this coach recruited, right?

It comes with the territory when you get paid to have success

Yep.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154063
03/08/16 04:36 PM
03/08/16 04:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When a team is losing it's always hot for the coach. I bet it's hot at JMU, Loyola and others. NU...not doing as well as in the past. And, using previous logic that was used in reference to SS and Hofstra, since NU, Loyola and JMU are not doing as well as they usually do it must be the girls the coach recruited. Since Amonte-Hiller, Adams and Klaes-Bawcombe have been at their schools for longer than 4 years these teams are losing with the players that this coach recruited, right?

I think that they all have a track record of success that gives them a little extra breathing room - they are proven commodities.
You cant have it both way with SS - she was "great" when all she had to work with were the kids that were handed to her and she won the CAA, but now that the players are all hers she is young and needs time? She's lucky to have a red shirt grad student from UNC or her team would be getting beat up even more

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154080
03/08/16 07:11 PM
03/08/16 07:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep.

I'll bet it's not hot at Loyola or NU. I'll bet the biggest pressure on those two coaches is coming from themselves. Jen Adams had a great run just last year. They lost 9? senior starters from last year. It takes time to reload. Please w Amonte-Hiller. She will leave NU when she decides to.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154120
03/09/16 08:31 AM
03/09/16 08:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Halfpenny is the pits lost to louisville and should have won going away ???

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154155
03/09/16 11:58 AM
03/09/16 11:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not as hot as some would make you think.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154157
03/09/16 12:15 PM
03/09/16 12:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you freakin' jokers sound like the dbags that call Fat Francesa all day...."Hey, BOTC, first time, long time..i wanna talk about Hofstra lax and how I think they should fire their coach"...

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154166
03/09/16 12:49 PM
03/09/16 12:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you freakin' jokers sound like the dbags that call Fat Francesa all day...."Hey, BOTC, first time, long time..i wanna talk about Hofstra lax and how I think they should fire their coach"...

Hey BS, how are you? Glad to see you are still reading BOTC. HOw does it feel to be on two sinking ships.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154211
03/09/16 03:32 PM
03/09/16 03:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS good coach, Hofstra no talent

they're all her players at this point

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154275
03/10/16 08:23 AM
03/10/16 08:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here you go: The Professors Rankings

1. Maryland
2. Florida
3. Louisville
4. North Carolina
5. Syracuse
6. Princeton
7. Stony Brook
8. Notre Dame
9. Stanford
10. Virginia
11. Penn State
12. Towson
13. Boston College
14. Northwestern
15. UConn
16. Southern Cal
17. Umass
18. Temple
19. Colorado
20. Loyola

Others schools considered

Vanderbilt
Penn
Duke
Delaware
Hopkins
Elon

Again very accurate. Did not have Duke in the Top 20 (Duke lost again to an unranked team). Had Loyola at 20 with loosing record but brutal schedule (Loyola beat Virginia)

Georgetown is probably better than their record and should be given consideration.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154565
03/12/16 09:35 AM
03/12/16 09:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mkvele not involved in your squabble but you are a piece of work Sounds like you personal dislike warps your honest opinion. Regardless move on its annoying

You got it part way correct , he is a piece of something .

Sponsored Links
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154570
03/12/16 09:59 AM
03/12/16 09:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i have friends whose daughters are now in college and played for Shannon. These are fathers who are lax guys. They all loved having their daughters learn from SS. Current HS players in my town play for her right now and respect her. The problem at HU is similar to NYC basketball. All the great players have nice options going out of state and usually take those options. Also there seems to be a bias against her as SS always has to play tough non conference games (maryland this year, I think UNC last year) she is a fine coach doing a great job. haters are probably parents of kids who did not measure up or like to go around yelling "fear the bee" removing all doubt that you are a loser living vicariously through your children.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154573
03/12/16 10:46 AM
03/12/16 10:46 AM
M
MKVELE Offline
Back of THE CAGE
MKVELE  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

Mkvele not involved in your squabble but you are a piece of work Sounds like you personal dislike warps your honest opinion. Regardless move on its annoying

You got it part way correct , he is a piece of something .
Coming from a coward throwing insults from the shadow of anonymity I'll take that as a complement.....you are no better than a thug sucker punching an old lady

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154581
03/12/16 11:25 AM
03/12/16 11:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i have friends whose daughters are now in college and played for Shannon. These are fathers who are lax guys. They all loved having their daughters learn from SS. Current HS players in my town play for her right now and respect her. The problem at HU is similar to NYC basketball. All the great players have nice options going out of state and usually take those options. Also there seems to be a bias against her as SS always has to play tough non conference games (maryland this year, I think UNC last year) she is a fine coach doing a great job. haters are probably parents of kids who did not measure up or like to go around yelling "fear the bee" removing all doubt that you are a loser living vicariously through your children.

Agreed. Thank you.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154582
03/12/16 11:32 AM
03/12/16 11:32 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, her club is dying and so is her college program. How do you measure a great job when you are coaching D1 program if not in wins. Your comment about the non-conference games and a bias is just ignorant.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154583
03/12/16 11:38 AM
03/12/16 11:38 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet some current top players find her rude, condescending and spoiled brat. She should be able to grab TG players, but it appears that a number are considering leaving and others rescinding their verbals. Let's see what today brings, hopefully they finally win which will help with team moral.

Page 24 of 200 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 199 200