BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 08:21 AM
Boys 2028-4th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:28 AM
Boys 2027-5th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:23 AM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:22 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:14 AM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/15/19 07:08 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,803
Posts256,558
Members2,136
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 200 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 199 200
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #153979
03/08/16 10:46 AM
03/08/16 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by MKVELE
I think this is getting crazy. To say O'Leary, and Halfpenny are not as good a coach as Spellina is crazy. if you want to talk facts lets talk facts,


Including Sundays game, Florida had played 7 games, three in the same week including SB, One in 'cuse... one back in Florida... and then one in SB all within 7 days, thats one more game in just that week than SB has played all year, 2 against ranked opponents while SB played Bryant in RI, a short bus trip.

JS in all his press has yet to take a D! team past the 2nd round while both other coaches have.

You want to talk Adelphi.... with all the raving JS gets about them if you go to Laxpower you can see there records backs far as 2005, in that span there has been 4 coaches including JS. the most loses from any coach is 3, twice (Grella). in that same span they have only lost championship 4 times 3 times to LIU post (2x grella, 1x Spallina). basically what I'm saying is you rant about his time at Adelphi, and Adelphi was just as good under 3 other coaches.

You complain that he is doing more with less talent.... I say B.S. the talent at SB is top caliber, they are ranked 10 in the nation not because of Joe Spallina but because of the girls on the field. How dare you say they are not as good, you should be ashamed for saying such nonsense.

In the end it was not the Idea of the girls to hold the ball for 6+ minuets of the last 10, it was Joe Spallinas' His coaching lost that game


Spallina coaching Adelphi is like me coaching a YJ Blue team dump out the ball bag and get out of the way because the best players are there. Do you really think the YJ's have the best coaches? 18, 20 something girls in flip flops that are manipulated by parents? They attract the best talent (as does Adelphi) which makes any coach look good. Was Tony Dungy a great NFL coach or did he just have Peyton Manning? Players make the coach except for a few decisions in big games.



Agree, but a bad coach can screw up a team of very good players.

JS is obviously a good coach and SBU has some very good players. They will win their share of games this year.


BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #153989
03/08/16 11:20 AM
03/08/16 11:20 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



MKVELE what "top recruits are in SB ? Compared to Florida, I will preface this as saying my daughter doesn't play on SB or Florida but a top D1 school to underscore his impact at SB Makes you laughable. And clearly jealous. Now don't get all sensitive and apologize to the boards.. SB last year beat Florida, Norte Dame USC AND Northwestern. Please tell us when a LI college team has done that? Grind your ax somewhere else Your clogging this board with your nonsense then to respond to your own post "annomously makes you really pathetic "we see you MKVELE" also notice how you keep mentioning halfpenny hmmm. SB beat them too before ND dropped them Oh we get it now

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: MKVELE] #153992
03/08/16 11:21 AM
03/08/16 11:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by MKVELE
I think this is getting crazy. To say O'Leary, and Halfpenny are not as good a coach as Spellina is crazy. if you want to talk facts lets talk facts,


Including Sundays game, Florida had played 7 games, three in the same week including SB, One in 'cuse... one back in Florida... and then one in SB all within 7 days, thats one more game in just that week than SB has played all year, 2 against ranked opponents while SB played Bryant in RI, a short bus trip.

JS in all his press has yet to take a D! team past the 2nd round while both other coaches have.

You want to talk Adelphi.... with all the raving JS gets about them if you go to Laxpower you can see there records backs far as 2005, in that span there has been 4 coaches including JS. the most loses from any coach is 3, twice (Grella). in that same span they have only lost championship 4 times 3 times to LIU post (2x grella, 1x Spallina). basically what I'm saying is you rant about his time at Adelphi, and Adelphi was just as good under 3 other coaches.

You complain that he is doing more with less talent.... I say B.S. the talent at SB is top caliber, they are ranked 10 in the nation not because of Joe Spallina but because of the girls on the field. How dare you say they are not as good, you should be ashamed for saying such nonsense.

In the end it was not the Idea of the girls to hold the ball for 6+ minuets of the last 10, it was Joe Spallinas' His coaching lost that game


Your the only one getting crazy What a life you must have. Your daughter definitely went to school away from home

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #153993
03/08/16 11:26 AM
03/08/16 11:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



It's getting hot at Hofstra real hot

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #153996
03/08/16 11:35 AM
03/08/16 11:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Probably a little tougher recruiting at SB than Note Dame or Florida. Know most of these kids and I will tell you not many SB recruits are as highly touted coming out yet SB is getting almost equal results which speaks volumes about the coach and players Like it or not

Sponsored Links
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154014
03/08/16 12:48 PM
03/08/16 12:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Some schools name alone is all the recruitment they need. SB is not one of them. Stony Brook is now the D1 version of Adelphi. Tons of talented LI kids that don't want to go off the island are now choosing SB but when you look at their roster not 1 kid from Maryland. Maryland area schools have tons of LI girls. That might be the difference is being in top 10 and winning a national championship

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154018
03/08/16 01:03 PM
03/08/16 01:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by MKVELE
Sounds like SB fans have a lot of excuses. You say you lose a single player to injury, thats fine but if you want to be considered top 10 one player should not make a difference. SB has played only 1 game opposed to FLA 6 (at game time) and 2 within the week one in FLA and one in 'cuse. That would have made 3 games in 7 days against a fresh team.

You can't ever blame a goalie for a loss with 11 woman to go through before her. She made plenty of saves to win that game, one mistake by her was not the reason for the loss.

Please remember this is just my opinion
To say SB is better coached because Halfpenny stands there with a clipboard while Spallina runs up and down the sidelines screaming is laughable, just 2 different coaching styles, remember FLA won. Like I stated last night JS chose to run off no less than 6 of the last 10 min. while down a goal, to me thats playing for a tie and not a win,thats playing scared and that, IMHO, makes it a coaches loss. with 10:00 left you could put in a goal instead of throwing it around the 12m. 5 times, go to draw, and believe in your "D" to stop them if you lose it.

SB played a much cleaner game than they did last year but lets not get crazy with the FLA fouls SB were like the Mohawks last year the way they swung the sticks, glad to see they cleaned it up they don't need to do that cheap crap, there better than that.



Good post. SB is no Florida. You gave an accurate account. Hate when people start blaming the loss on this or that. Maybe the other team was just better?


If fla and ND had coaches that new what they were doing they both would have been final four teams the past couple of seasons and should certainly be there this year


If the "great" SB coach new what he was doing he would of found a way to beat a sloppy Florida team!

Rumor has it Florida LI girls got SB plays from an old high school coach.

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154019
03/08/16 01:10 PM
03/08/16 01:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some schools name alone is all the recruitment they need. SB is not one of them. Stony Brook is now the D1 version of Adelphi. Tons of talented LI kids that don't want to go off the island are now choosing SB but when you look at their roster not 1 kid from Maryland. Maryland area schools have tons of LI girls. That might be the difference is being in top 10 and winning a national championship


Great point it will be interesting that now the program is elevated and a contender if that changes. smart initially targeting the LI players sprinkle in some Maryland players and that could put them higher

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154020
03/08/16 01:12 PM
03/08/16 01:12 PM
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
M
MKVELE Offline
Back of THE CAGE
MKVELE  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
M

Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 57
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MKVELE what "top recruits are in SB ? Compared to Florida, I will preface this as saying my daughter doesn't play on SB or Florida but a top D1 school to underscore his impact at SB Makes you laughable. And clearly jealous. Now don't get all sensitive and apologize to the boards.. SB last year beat Florida, Norte Dame USC AND Northwestern. Please tell us when a LI college team has done that? Grind your ax somewhere else Your clogging this board with your nonsense then to respond to your own post "annomously makes you really pathetic "we see you MKVELE" also notice how you keep mentioning halfpenny hmmm. SB beat them too before ND dropped them Oh we get it now
WOW bitter much

First. I never have answered my own post anonymously..... any moderator on the board can trace my IP and verify that..... sounds like you are familiar with this tactic though

second. I never said SB had top recruits, I don't even know in what fantasy world you live in that i said that.

third. it makes no difference where my daughter plays

fourth. I have never hid my dislike for JS. He's just not a coach I like I don't think he's that good, just like the previous posters don't like Halfpenny or O'Leary but YOU didn't seem to have a problem with them just me, Very bitter on your part

finally. what SB did last year has zero relevance this year. you mentioned Fla, NU, USC, and ND as wins last year, so far this year HE and I do mean HE, not his girls have lost 25% of those games. Heres a prediction for you he loses 75% beating onl NU

heres a question for you why are you so angry over my opinion, and if your daughter doesn't go there why do you care...... unless like me you need to "find a hobby"

oh and feel free to mind your business mr. or mrs Anonymous you could be any of the people that have spewed your venom towards me already, but we'll never know because your to cowardly to even assign a board name to your post. you can skip my posts if you like no one makes you read them

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154037
03/08/16 02:47 PM
03/08/16 02:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's getting hot at Hofstra real hot


Yep. Forecasted high temp of 70 tomorrow.

Sponsored Links
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #154039
03/08/16 02:54 PM
03/08/16 02:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Mkvele not involved in your squabble but you are a piece of work Sounds like you personal dislike warps your honest opinion. Regardless move on its annoying

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: America's Game] #154042
03/08/16 03:03 PM
03/08/16 03:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Here is my two cents that should we weighed. My older daughter played at SB Pre Spallina I was at the game Sunday and to see where the program has gone is astonishing boy do I wish my daughter was there now. Kudos to SB Strategy at the end can be questioned but isn't it always in every sport! That is what makes sports great. Keep it up pretty neat to see SB among the Top of the top

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154051
03/08/16 03:58 PM
03/08/16 03:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's getting hot at Hofstra real hot


Yep. Forecasted high temp of 70 tomorrow.


When a team is losing it's always hot for the coach. I bet it's hot at JMU, Loyola and others. NU...not doing as well as in the past. And, using previous logic that was used in reference to SS and Hofstra, since NU, Loyola and JMU are not doing as well as they usually do it must be the girls the coach recruited. Since Amonte-Hiller, Adams and Klaes-Bawcombe have been at their schools for longer than 4 years these teams are losing with the players that this coach recruited, right?

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: Anonymous] #154053
03/08/16 04:16 PM
03/08/16 04:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's getting hot at Hofstra real hot


Yep. Forecasted high temp of 70 tomorrow.


When a team is losing it's always hot for the coach. I bet it's hot at JMU, Loyola and others. NU...not doing as well as in the past. And, using previous logic that was used in reference to SS and Hofstra, since NU, Loyola and JMU are not doing as well as they usually do it must be the girls the coach recruited. Since Amonte-Hiller, Adams and Klaes-Bawcombe have been at their schools for longer than 4 years these teams are losing with the players that this coach recruited, right?


It comes with the territory when you get paid to have success

Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season [Re: MKVELE] #154059
03/08/16 04:28 PM
03/08/16 04:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by MKVELE
I think this is getting crazy. To say O'Leary, and Halfpenny are not as good a coach as Spellina is crazy. if you want to talk facts lets talk facts,


Including Sundays game, Florida had played 7 games, three in the same week including SB, One in 'cuse... one back in Florida... and then one in SB all within 7 days, thats one more game in just that week than SB has played all year, 2 against ranked opponents while SB played Bryant in RI, a short bus trip.

JS in all his press has yet to take a D! team past the 2nd round while both other coaches have.

You want to talk Adelphi.... with all the raving JS gets about them if you go to Laxpower you can see there records backs far as 2005, in that span there has been 4 coaches including JS. the most loses from any coach is 3, twice (Grella). in that same span they have only lost championship 4 times 3 times to LIU post (2x grella, 1x Spallina). basically what I'm saying is you rant about his time at Adelphi, and Adelphi was just as good under 3 other coaches.

You complain that he is doing more with less talent.... I say B.S. the talent at SB is top caliber, they are ranked 10 in the nation not because of Joe Spallina but because of the girls on the field. How dare you say they are not as good, you should be ashamed for saying such nonsense.

In the end it was not the Idea of the girls to hold the ball for 6+ minuets of the last 10, it was Joe Spallinas' His coaching lost that game


Not sure about the comparison, but neither coach is good, with the recruits that they are able to entice EVERY year the have fallen short by a lot, halfpenny is clinging to her job, if she cant make some noise this year or next wit the group she currently has she will be gone. oleary's record of underachieveing speaks for itself

Page 23 of 200 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 199 200



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1