Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am well aware that the tournament that Madlax won was a joke, But if I renamed it you would not know what tournament I was talking about. Correct ? I think the best part of this tournament is we on the east coast can rest easy for a couple more years that we are still playing better Lacrosse here on the East coast. I also wanted to point out that Madlax had a U13 only team play this last weekend and then put together a 2019 team the other weekend at Young Guns they came in 2nd. So the people crying about the reclass problem, there clubs just needs to move the kids around from team to team to even them out for the tournament they are about to play.

Until next year - 2019 just completed 7th grade - many of the 2019s you refer to will become 2020s after completing their 1st year of 8th grade when they reclassify in September of 2015. It is the U-14/U-15 age that is the problem - 2nd tie around 8th graders at maryland prep schools

The lacrosse people in Maryland should get a prominent lax guy who graduated from Hopkins or U of M to run for governor. Then he can pass a law that kids can't start kindergarten until they are 6 years old instead of 5. This way you don't have to tell your middle school children who are doing well in school, but aren't lacrosse stars in their grade that they are going to repeat 7th or 8th grade so that they might get a partial scholarship for lacrosse in a few years.

Don't the kids get made fun of for being left back, even if others know they are doing it for lax? I would think the lax players that stayed on age, would laugh those kids out of the water- or is it that prominent- that sooo many kids do it? I also cannot fathom telling my kid who works his butt off in school for excellent grades; he needs to add another year to his schooling before college. Maybe some towns/schools are just more sports oriented and not academic oriented? The only kids I know that have ever been left back for a sport did so in HS and repeated 12th grade at a prep school. This seems more reputable, as you know the college wants you, but you need to prove yourself for one more year, as opposed to gambling whether or not your kid gets noticed playing with younger kids. I am wondering how many kids end up not doing as well as they hoped and if they could do it again would they- or is the success rate that high that only a small fraction fail to get into a better school. This is really a whole different culture and way of thinking. I still say go for academics, but best of luck to you all. And the questions asked were not to be obnoxious, really I am rather interested in the answers.