This is interesting. So what are you saying? crabs u11 and most other teams playing in this league do so because they have kids that really do not qualify for their particular age? AS an outsider to Mid-Atlantic lacrosse, would it be safe to assume if my son's team plays one of the programs outside of the NPYLL, they will most likely have older kids. I do agree with you on your point as to why a team wouldn't play in the NPYLL. Would love to have such an organized league in my area...

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't the Crabs ever enter any teams in the American League (A). Can we assume that the current Crabs U11 team will continue playing HOCO? I understand that they are playing in this league currently do to few kids not making the grade/age base cut for the NYPLL standards, which means hold backs on those few or they miss the age bracket by days, weeks or months. Not trying to start the whole age thing on here but why would you maintain a team with a few older kids who held back in grades or are just a little older than the requirements, instead just bump them up to the next level so you could maintain the standards set forth by the NYPLL and to have all your teams in the most competitive league. Its not all about winning but more about growing the sport in a competitive way. Let face it they will all see each other in high school no matter the age, its about competitiveness and good for the sport at a higher level. I could actually careless about the age difference and would rather see competitiveness grow across the boards instead of three programs always ruling at one level and crushing the other teams. There are teams in HOCO that should be in the NYPLL and then there are teams in the NYPLL that should be in the HOCO league.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to think the crabs will be putting there U11 team in the NPYLL next year.