Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why would anyone on a NPYLL site care about what is done on Long Island. Why would anyone on Long Island care about what Maryland teams do in the spring league. What is done is done, neither side is going to change each other's mind, so for the love of god can we drop the meaningless debate about who is right and who is wrong. This is not hockey, this is not soccer, this is not AAU basketball, why can't this site and all of these sites be used to talk about all of the good things that this great game offers. There are different regional rules and everyone is adhering to them, so move on. Why can't this site be used to talk about a great play or players or teams you saw over the previous weekend, instead of so much rage? Why can't we just celebrate the game?

I don't think people care about what you do in NPYLL spring games, but it's unsportsman-like to have older kids play against younger kids in tournaments that your teams host. I guess LI teams could stay home, but lacrosse is a great game/community and it's great to play against out of state competition. But traveling long hours, paying big bucks, and being away all weekend during the summer loses it's luster when the MD teams roll out kids that are materially bigger purely do to the fact that they are older. Lacrosse is not governed by any one group, so there are loopholes. I think the more publicity that this issue gets the better. There are white trash families everywhere lacrosse is played - Long Island, MD, New Jersey, Upstate NY, etc., that's not going to change. And it's a competitive, physical sport so parents are going to get crazy at times. That being said, one issue everyone should agree on is that until kids hit puberty (set 9th grade as the demarcation point), they should play with kids their own age. And that can be easily fixed by US Lacrosse.

Thank you for totally missing the point of my original post, I find it funny you go into a forum labeled NPYLL SPRING League and say who cares about what happens in a NPYLL Spring League, there aren't any teams from L.I. in NPYLL as of yet, so why do summer tournament debates enter into this particular forum. just tired of the same old drivel. If you are that concerned, write a letter, start a petition, make a change. I don't think anyone from USL is trolling forums looking for answers.