Originally Posted by Anonymous
News alert - the only people who consider this an "issue" are bizarre LI dads. Everyone else - including college coaches - doesn't care.

Look at hockey. Nearly every major prospect is older for his grade, and nobody cares.

You guys are great entertainment.

Dumb [lacrosse], hockey is age regulated.... 99's 98's etc. Nobody cares about the 12 month window. It's you sick MD people that know your kid can't compete on age so you have him play down against kids 2 or more years younger. Then you are the bafoons that cheer the loudest when your son finally has success against the little kids. Sorry, but that is disgusting bizarre behavior. On the car ride home, do you actually say to your son, good job against those kids that haven't even gone through puberty yet? Did you ever stop and think of the lessons you're teaching your son? Amazing. You see I teach my son to challenge himself, as rising 9th grader he will be playing Varsity. He is learning the virtues of hard work and sportsmanship. Qualities in young man that will carry him further than your son's ill-gotten $8,000 D1 Lacrosse scholarship. Quite frankly, I have pity for you and your son. Sadly you and he, and the rest of your ilk are a disgrace to this sport. Clearly, you lack any level of self respect.
To the parents of the the kids in MD who play on age, it's time for you folks to call these people out on a regular basis. Have your kids be-little and shame these holdback kids. Face it, they are hurting your kids the most. Stand up and tell your clubs you won't play in any non-age based events. The sooner we can move to age based for everything the sooner we can get rid of these people.