Originally Posted by Anonymous
Another arrogant clueless 91 Dad. Hey 91, you help make our argument when Dad's on your Bandit team post on your behalf. You sound like an idiot.

Well at least I can scratch 91 off our tryout list. Clearly not worth it.

Been there done that.

As the season is in the middle of its peak some folks are seeing the end is near and dreading tryouts. Please do not think playing on a travel team affords you the luxury of being on the same team next year. Each years tryouts will bring a new crop of players. There will be faces come and go the next few years. In some instances whole organizations will come and go. The good part is the families you make friends with will stay with you.

You will see some of them in different colors/uniforms over the years and that is all good. You will cheer for them when you play against them and cheer louder if they are on the field next to you. This road is long, some times you question it but it is a fun ride; as long as you remember the cup is always half full.

Because people come and go never cross off a team to tryout for. You may hear certain things on here but go to the tryout and see for yourself. Another important thing never think you are a lock for a team ALWAYS have a back up. I have been surprised how many did not see the light at the end of the tunnel was from a train. New teams are sometimes the best thing. Try getting in from the start sometimes gives you the fresh start your son may be needed. When we were first on our career search, many of our families use to say you needed stability in a job you cant jump from job to job. We learned jumping from job to job gave us better opportunities. This travel sport is no different.

PS for the rest of the season please ditch the solo cups and get yourself a nice opaque cup. :-)

The Oracle has spoken. I agree, but watching the behavior of a club will decide where I send my kid to tryout. I will say nothing I saw at this age group this season was so ghastly that I would say "never" to that club. Right now, he situation for my son is perfect gets 15-18 minutes of a game and the instruction, coaching, kids and families are all great. And I know he can be cut, that is the only reason to tryout somewhere else. However, if the coach called and gaureenteed a spot, I would not look anywhere else. Worst part of travel is preparing a backup plan.