Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is great. I have been waiting for a 2023 forum to show up. My understanding is that for most of these clubs 3rd grade is the first year that they offer. Does anyone know for the clubs that have posted tryouts so far, which ones fielded 2nd grade teams?

Really what I'm asking is how many of these 3rd grade teams are starting with fresh squads and how many already have a relationship b/c the boys played on the 2nd grade team.

Thanks!

Great question, but i think the standard answer you will get if they did or didn’t have a team is that they will have independent evaluators that will select the team and all kids have an equal chance. So, in other words – just sign up for the club you think would want to play for, go to the tryouts and post on this later when you get to the tryout with 15 team bags from another town club sitting on the sideline and you never got the “you made it call”. Most of these teams always start with a base of kids – the coach will bring them in and start something. Best of luck